• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph Tiger 900 GT and Rally

He’s already kept it longer then a KLR keeps unloctited bolts Rich. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair though...Jarret also has already lost 3 bolts in the first 800 miles on his Tiger.

Apparently the Triumph factory ran out of loctite on Jarrett's bikes build date.

I will say the Tiger looked and performed better than a KLR while losing its bolts though...

It looks like another excellent 500 pound (middleweight?) adventure bike. :thumb:

To be fair though...Jarret also has already lost 3 bolts in the first 800 miles on his Tiger.

Apparently the Triumph factory ran out of loctite on Jarrett's bikes build date.

I will say the Tiger looked and performed better than a KLR while losing its bolts though...
It hadn't lost anything until that dang rocky hill! :)

Btw, Just got it back from Roger with suspension upgrades. Different (Ohlins) springs and fork oil if I understood him correctly. I've only had a chance to ride it down the street and back but it feels better, more supportive of my weight. I'll try to get it out to the dirt with weekend and see what's up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hadn't lost anything until that dang rocky hill! :)

Btw, Just got it back from Roger with suspension upgrades. Different (Ohlins) springs and fork oil if I understood him correctly. I've only had a chance to ride it down the street and back but it feels better, more supportive of my weight. I'll try to get it out to the dirt with weekend and see what's up.

Do you know what weight of oil he put in the rear and front

Do you know what weight of oil he put in the rear and front
Nah, I was planning on emailing him and getting all the details. He was headed out to do suspension at track days all weekend, didn't want to slow him down any more than I had.

He said it took some math-ing, but he thinks he nailed the numbers for me with springs and stuff he had on hand. I have never seen so many springs in one place before. He looks like he has suspension parts for everything in his garage.

He was telling me he could make my Speed Twin a decent track bike with a good suspension upgrade. I might take him up on it. If I keep the bike more than a week, I mean.

I just traded in my 19 BMW S1000XR for a Tiger 900 GT Pro. I think the only dirt this bike will ever see is when I am on multiday rides with friends and the ride leader accidentally turns us off onto a dirt road (yes this has happened a few times!) I am loving it so far. It feels much lighter than the XR. A big part of that is due to the lower center of gravity that the bike has. The seat is also narrower and makes it easy to plant your feet. I also love that I am not getting any engine heat off the bike so far. I used to get some heat on the front left part of the bike on the XR. The seat is also way more comfortable than the XR. It is like a long bench and I can easily scoot back further if I want to stretch my legs. The foot pegs are mid on the bike, so it is a very comfy position, and when you put your feet down, the pegs are in front of your legs. It has great low end torque but obviously not the top speed of the XR. That will hopefully keep me from being too stupid on the bike. It was easy to hit triple digits on the XR. All in all, I am very happy with the bike. View attachment 264985
H
I just traded in my 19 BMW S1000XR for a Tiger 900 GT Pro. I think the only dirt this bike will ever see is when I am on multiday rides with friends and the ride leader accidentally turns us off onto a dirt road (yes this has happened a few times!) I am loving it so far. It feels much lighter than the XR. A big part of that is due to the lower center of gravity that the bike has. The seat is also narrower and makes it easy to plant your feet. I also love that I am not getting any engine heat off the bike so far. I used to get some heat on the front left part of the bike on the XR. The seat is also way more comfortable than the XR. It is like a long bench and I can easily scoot back further if I want to stretch my legs. The foot pegs are mid on the bike, so it is a very comfy position, and when you put your feet down, the pegs are in front of your legs. It has great low end torque but obviously not the top speed of the XR. That will hopefully keep me from being too stupid on the bike. It was easy to hit triple digits on the XR. All in all, I am very happy with the bike. View attachment 264985
Have you figured out what TES stands for in Bike Setup?.

Got in a little dirt before the rain this morning.

I found Bastrop a little too much for big bikes, but I guess I should give it another try.
There are some gravel roads in the area also not just the trails.

https://www.dot.state.tx.us/apps-cg/grid_search/county_grid_search.htm Type in Bastrop and "double click" from the drop down. then start looking at the .pdf file from the list on the right. I know some of the smaller roads on 1643 and 1593 are unpaved. I use these and print them out on 11x17 paper and go explore an area marking with different high lighters the roads that are paved or unpaved. I will then make a loop of roads I like. My old copies are not that accurate anymore as many of the roads have been paved. These maps also only have public roads so if it's on this map it's public unless the shift happened really recent.

Last edited:
I found Bastrop a little too much for big bikes, but I guess I should give it another try.
Ocho....you might wanna head east to Milam Co.... I kno Dirtryder & Mudclod like ridin in that area...along with Falls Co too.
Most county roads in both are gonna be gravel..dirt..or a bit sandy in places. (Im orig from Falls Co) & Lee Co over toward Lexington looks unpaved too.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

I guess the Rally Pro can do:

With stock tires even...
Bike definitely capable but that looked more like an instructional video on the limitations of 80/20 tires. Good on hard surfaces, horrible on loose or muddy stuff.

Assuming decent riders, IMO, all of the tip overs were because of the tires.

But yes....the bike is definitely capable and apparently crashes well. Throw 50/50 tires on and it would have really looked amazing.

I guess the Rally Pro can do:

With stock tires even...

This is not the average rider LOL, it takes some big brass hanger downs to go full speed through trees with aluminum panniers sticking out the side :)

Back