• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph Tiger 900 GT and Rally

Six months and 6,260 miles into owning this Tiger 900 Rally Pro, it is definitely my favorite bike I've owned.

I put another 300 miles of pavement and gravel on it yesterday in the Hill Country and it put a smile on my face the whole time.

Out of all the bikes I've owned and ridden, I can't think of another ADV bike I'd rather own than this one.

Thanks for pointing this out, @RoadRageTaurus

Sure was tempting Saturday staring at the one at Eurosport. Really like that Rally Pro and could see one in the stable at some point down the road.

Many thanks to @RoadRageTaurus for making this extended cut of us riding together at Cresson last October:

With the 21" front wheel, off road suspension and 85hp at the wheel, the Tiger is by no means a track bike, nor is it really a match for most of the bikes on the track. Pretty much every bike out there had a horsepower advantage over it, sometimes as much 100+hp more, which meant I was couldn't win any drag races in the straights. Due to this, any pass I could get would have to be strategic, but I found doing that made the accomplishment that much sweeter. Granted this is a Level 1 group, but I gotta say though, there is nothing more fun than passing a "faster" bike on a slower bike :D

Many thanks to @RoadRageTaurus for making this extended cut of us riding together at Cresson last October:

With the 21" front wheel, off road suspension and 85hp at the wheel, the Tiger is by no means a track bike, nor is it really a match for most of the bikes on the track. Pretty much every bike out there had a horsepower advantage over it, sometimes as much 100+hp more, which meant I was couldn't win any drag races in the straights. Due to this, any pass I could get would have to be strategic, but I found doing that made the accomplishment that much sweeter. Granted this is a Level 1 group, but I gotta say though, there is nothing more fun than passing a "faster" bike on a slower bike :D
Had to put that up on the big screen. Nice audio. Gives me the butterflies 🤩

Last edited:
That's a good idea. I need to do that too. His bike sounds fantastic.

I do like when he passes close enough to hear another exhaust too.

Pretty good view between the bars and illustrates the lean and concepts needed when doing this. Needed just a little higher for a clear view above the screen. I think y'all better go out again and make a sequel.

Pretty good view between the bars and illustrates the lean and concepts needed when doing this. Needed just a little higher for a clear view above the screen. I think y'all better go out again and make a sequel.
I tested it in the pits and the view looked good. What I didn't factor in was the rearward pitch on acceleration. I need to get me a slightly higher arm for that tank mount. If I get it too high, the wind noise may overpower the audio. I'll have to experiment more and am always up for a sequel. :mrgreen:

I tested it in the pits and the view looked good. What I didn't factor in was the rearward pitch on acceleration. I need to get me a slightly higher arm for that tank mount. If I get it too high, the wind noise may overpower the audio. I'll have to experiment more and am always up for a sequel. :mrgreen:
Yes, it's a big pain , constantly going out to that track,making adjustments,etc etc but I trust you will endure the hardships.😂

Just did this on my bike and it works.

$50 for the hardware, $12 for the app, zero trips to the dealer, priceless:

The app seems to work on the majority of the European brands. Aprilla, BMW, Ducati, KTM, Triumph, etc.

Wow. I noticed some BMW's need a different cable, how many pin holes on this unit?

Last edited:
The Tiger has been out for a year. What's the overall feedback from owners on the forum? I heard about some issues with the quick shifter and other minor issues. Any updates? Looking at the GT Pro.

Fan-freaking-tastic.
Jarrett, looks like you are enjoying the Tiger. What's your feedback about the vibes that many folks are reporting? What rpms do they start creeping in? I am used to the super smooth delivery from the STriple. I miss that so much. The Tiger hopefully will bring some of that riding pleasure and of course more comfort/touring ability.

The vibes in the bars are real. Above 5700 or so, they start. If you shift early, its not much of a thing. If you run it up to 85+ mph on the highway and put the cruise control on for long miles, it can get annoying. Otherwise non issue, imo.

The engine is not smooth like the other Triumph triple due to the firing order. Otherwise the bike is really nice. I've learned to live with it as I haven't ridden an ADV bike I like better. And I've ridden a bunch of them. I think I'm around 7800 miles on mine.

This sounds familiar. I've been saying the same for a while now:

Screenshot_20210123-211446_Facebook.jpg

The vibes in the bars are real. Above 5700 or so, they start. If you shift early, its not much of a thing. If you run it up to 85+ mph on the highway and put the cruise control on for long miles, it can get annoying. Otherwise non issue, imo.

The engine is not smooth like the other Triumph triple due to the firing order. Otherwise the bike is really nice. I've learned to live with it as I haven't ridden an ADV bike I like better. And I've ridden a bunch of them. I think I'm around 7800 miles on mine.
Do you have Grip Puppies or similar installed?

No, since I have heated grips I assumed it would kind of kill that function.

Which is more important to me personally.

I have them on my GSA and the grips still get uncomfortably hot in some scenarios. They seem "ok" for highway use, enough to work fine with some insulated gloves during cold days. I assume some of the heat is lost but not sure how much, since I never tried them without the grip puppies. Might be worth to give it a go.

Back