• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph Tiger Sport 850

That seems odd. Not sure how much different that is than the existing Tigers.

Why would it be odd? Triumph offered a Tiger Sport 1050 a few years ago. I think an 850 would have its place and be quite fun. It would compete against the BMW F900XR and the Yamaha Tracer 900. I thought some people on here wanted more sport touring bikes?

-481a-91ab-1337a5d322d8-11138-00000476787ce033-jpg.jpg

Why would it be odd? Triumph offered a Tiger Sport 1050 a few years ago. I think an 850 would have its place and be quite fun. It would compete against the BMW F900XR and the Yamaha Tracer 900. I thought some people on here wanted more sport touring bikes?

Because they already offer these bikes with the same engine and various road packages
1603367044360.png

It looks like the only difference will be that the front wheel is 2 inches smaller.

I'm just saying 2 inches doesn't make THAT big of a difference :)

Variety is the spice of life. People like different bikes, some people buy a bike a week; others ride them for a life time. We have all changed tires to gain an advantage whether real or perceived. Some buy a bike for the way it looks, some for the way it turns, some for the way it accelerates, some for garage art. It's all good...

I'm certainly a fan of more Triumphs in the world. Just seems odd to have 7 different models of the same bike, but I guess that is their style and it works for them.

But if you are looking at pure pavement bikes, the others in this market are more competitive than this new Tiger motor. That Ducati 950 S is a nice bike and more powerful. The Tracer 900 GT will spank this Tiger Sport 850 in a race. Guessing the F900 BMW would as well.

Now if they picked up the 2019 Speed Triple RS motor and dropped it into the Tiger 900 chassis, with whatever wheel size, I'd own one tomorrow.

I thought some people on here wanted more sport touring bikes?

I do. Besides there are way too many adv bikes parked in front of Starbucks already that have never even seen a gravel driveway or dirt path. Plus unlike many adv bikes this Tiger does not look like its been beaten with an ugly tree. :duck:

Back