• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumphs, Beemers, Yamahas, KLRs, and, oh yeah, some V-Stroms

Thanks TWTEX! My first ride with y'all and I thank you for the warm greetings and open arms reception. I'm already signing up for future rides with the TWTEX. Thanks to Chuck for the great pictures. Thanks to Rod & Dody for a great afternoon ride. And no it was not too long and yes the roads were nice. I didn't expect to find such great riding in that area. The BBQ, roads, hills, BBQ, low water crossings, peaks surprised me. As a ride leader Rod you are the best! All in all folks a great day. Really looking forward to future gatherings. Thanks again.

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Chuck, Mine is a 1000...though I have to admit when I have to fill up more than Rod, that 650 looks good at the price we pay for gas!!!!:eek2:

Hey Art, Good riding with you...holler if you get in the neighborhood...looking to do more ridin', Rod and I are thinkin serious about an Alaska trip so need our preruns...lol.. Good riding with James and Texfire!!! Can't wait to do it again!!! Can we do some dirt roads and more water crossings????:eat:

Afterwards,Elzi, Ed and I cruised out to Dinosaur Valley State Park. It really is a neat park, and as a local, I don't get out there often enough. I am going to try to change that. I didn't have my camera with me, but hope that Ed posts up some photos of Elzi and her dino-buddies. :lol2:

Sure......

Picture009.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Hey Chuck,

It looks like everyone had a great time. I missed it due to your title..... :doh:

There are so many threads on TWT that I have a hard time reading all of them, so when I read your title, I skipped it thinking it was a "V-Strom Only Ride"... As I'm talking to Ed today, he says "you dummy, you should have read the rest of the thread!" :argh: :argh: :tears: Now I know! :rolleyes:

There are so many threads on TWT that I have a hard time reading all of them, so when I read your title, I skipped it thinking it was a "V-Strom Only Ride"... As I'm talking to Ed today, he says "you dummy, you should have read the rest of the thread!" :argh: :argh: :tears: Now I know! :rolleyes:

Yes, you need to be very wary of a title that has an asterisk (*) in it! :-P

check the fine print. :roll:

Sorry, you missed it, though...

Hey Chuck, Mine is a 1000...though I have to admit when I have to fill up more than Rod, that 650 looks good at the price we pay for gas!!!!:eek2:

Yeah, I missed another one, too. I should have gone around and counted mufflers. :-P

That means there is at least one that didn't complete the journey. Who crashed? :lol2:

That wouldnt be funny except it is so true to the Rex group and
since you are an ex rexer you get to still poke fun with and or at us:mrgreen:

The Rex and the little Ninja were the only two Kawasakis. It's interesting that there were no Hondas in the mix...

The Rex and the little Ninja were the only two Kawasakis. It's interesting that
there were no Hondas in the mix...

No Hondas... that is interesting.... Did you forget to count the KLRs as Kawis?
I am suprised one of them has not spoken up. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I counted them as KLRs. They are special. :nana:
??

Chuck, you must not have had your coffee yet. This is the email notification I received:

ed29 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Triumphs,
Beemers, Yamahas, KLRs, and, oh yeah, some V-Stroms - in the Story Telling and Tire
Kicking forum of TWT Forums.

NO ONE WILL SEE IT! ALL REPLIES MUST BE POSTED IN THE THREAD ON THE WEBSITE AT THE
LINK BELOW:

This thread is located at:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25676&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by Gilk51)---
The Rex and the little Ninja were the only two Kawasakis. It's interesting that
there were no Hondas in the mix...
---End Quote---
No Hondas... that is interesting.... Did you forget to count the KLRs as Kawis?
I am suprised one of them has not spoken up.:shock:
-------------------------------

Apparently no one *will* see it!
:mrgreen:

Oh :doh: I see what you are talking about - I must have edited Ed's post instead of replying to it. Lemme see if I can fix it... :giveup:

That's alright, I just thought you were teasing me by tweaking my post. ;-)
It's all good!

oops, I forgot - I have one but it is not pretty. :giveup:

I hope it is th only casulty of the day - the buttermilk pie that I brought home. :-(

pie_error_4381q.jpg

Apparently, it wasn't secure on top of the other stuff in the top case and slid around, ending up not level. :doh:

However, it doesn't seem to bother my son. We dumped the filling back in the pan and he has polished off 25% of it already. :eat:

:lol2:

Seems like this isn't the first time you've beat the filling out of a pie, Chuck.

Seems like this isn't the first time you've beat the filling out of a pie, Chuck.

Actually, I think this is my first casualty. The pecan pie from the first Hico Pie Run survived with only a broken piece of crust IIRC. :scratch: And it took a full right side fall... :doh:

There is actually a place in NM called Pie Town.

Look for a ride report to there and back after Easter (I'm doing the Mods vs Rockers thang in DFW).:trust:

Looks like y'all had fun. I might just have to fix the "no Honda's" issue next year

After all VFR has a V in it :trust:

Look for a ride report to there and back after Easter (I'm doing the Mods vs Rockers thang in DFW).:trust:

Keep us informed of your plans. Maybe us DFW folks can meet up with you there...

Um, will you be a Mod or a Rocker? :lol2:

Hi folks,
I'm back....haven't had good internet access due to a job(client)change last week.I'm still planning on posting some detailed maps of paved(seal coated) Co Rds in several central Tx areas that we usually ride.May take a bit longer than expected due to limited net access but will post to the Members section Roads & Routes when I can. Rod

Texfire: What a nice looking bike! :sun:

I can also report that the Wee will reach 100 mph, actual speed by GPS that is, before the rider chickens out. I'm sure that it's able to go faster, probably with a different rider. ;)

No Comment.:lol2:

Back