• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Truck parking in West Texas, 2-3 months

Reaction score
I posted this on ADVrider and thought I would post it here as well.

My GF and I are heading to MX around the middle of January. We hope to spend 2-3 months touring mainland MX and Baja. There is a chance we could ride all the way but the weather can be dicey in January. I am looking for a safe place where we might leave a truck and/or trailer in west TX. Prefer to be close to the Big Bend area to minimize the slab miles on the bike. We are thinking we will cross into MX at Presidio. We will be returning from Baja by way of Palm Springs, I-10 sometime around the end of March. Anybody have a field or something like that where we could park the rig for awhile?

Thanks, Kenny

Edit: I just realized I may not have posted this in the best forum. Mods, feel free to move this if need be. Sorry for the trouble.

The best spot I might be able to find you would be in Seminole... Still a distance from big bend, but a **** of a lot closer than San Antonio (feel free to park here if you want)

Can't offer you a place to park but I am super jealous that you get to go tour for a few months! :mrgreen:

Last time I kept my vehicle parked for an extended ride... I called the town (your town) police dispatcher in advance, told them my plan, and they offered parking across the street from the building. Got back and all was good!

Super trip - I am very jealous!!

Thanks for all the offers but I am fairly certain that I have secured gated parking very near where we are crossing in Presidio. Plan is to check out Big Bend, Pinto Canyon Rd, and Chinati Hot Springs and probably stop at in Ft. Davis and check out the McDonald Observatory on the way home.

Has anybody ridden Pinto Canyon Rd lately? Is it doable 2up on a loaded vstrom riding North to South? I know it can change fairly quickly and it will be near the end of March when we get back there but just thought I would ask.

Back