• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trying to help my neighbor become a member of this forum

Reaction score
First Name
John
Not sure who to contact, but my neighbor owns a Triumph 1200 Explorer and has registered to become a member here. But he has never received a confirmation email. . . Can someone send him a confirmation email so he may join us.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I sent over his information. Hopefully it will be taken care of soon.

Thanks.

May have ended up in his spam folder. In the meantime time it could be helpful to edit your post to remove your neighbor's email address so internet spam trolls don't get to it.

Our waiting on approval log is empty right now so one of the others may have approved him. Can you please let me know if he's in or not? What's his userid?

Generally they have to enter a bike model and IP address location needs to mesh with what they put in their profile. Plus answer 2+2=

A few of use approve those requests throughout the day so it doesn't take long. If you can find out the username he requested, we can look and see if the account was created. That will help with tracking whether a registration email was sent or not.

I texted my neighbor asking him to check his spam folder, as well as telling me what username he was using. When he responds I will post the update.
Thanks for the quick response.

I just heard back from my neighbor. He said that he used Av8tr4737 as his user name.

Thanks. The good news is that I can see that he has an account. I don't know if he didn't get the email or it got spam filtered, but he should be able to log in with that username and the password he selected. When we switched to the new forum software a while back, M38A1 (Scott) and I ended up with less access than on the old software. We are more like super moderators than admins. So if he can't log in, we will have to get Tourmeister involved since he is the overall admin.

Ok great. I will let him know and tell him to try and post his first message to make sure he is good to go.
Thanks to everyone that helped resolve this issue.

My neighbor tried to sign on but it says his account is currently awaiting confirmation. . . He has received no email confirmation and his spam folder is empty.
Rusty, I'm going to p.m. his contact info to you to cut out the middle man so to speak. . .

His account was not yet marked as "Valid". Several things might have caused it, but I have changed it. He should be able to log in now using the username and password created when he registered. If he still has trouble, please let me know.

Will do Scott. He texted me he was going to try to sign on this evening. I will let you know if he is successful.

John Doe is too common. I would perfer FNU LNU (First Name Unknown, Last Name Unknown) :lol2::lol2:.

Back