• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TSCEC

Just a tad muddy.

Congrats to all the riders who got through this enduro. Had this enduro ran on Saturday, the conditions throughout all the trails were just supremo, dry and tacky, and it would have been an extra-ordinary enduro. But the weather intervened, and so on Sunday's enduro, riders had to endure - in spades. This was truly an "A" level enduro. You had to be a solid A rider to finish, and you had to be an A rider to truly enjoy this challenging enduro. That course had it all!

BTW... last I heard , while still working the gates, Andrew Short was in 1st place. Did he finish in 1st ?

Congrats to all the riders who got through this enduro. Had this enduro ran on Saturday, the conditions throughout all the trails were just supremo, dry and tacky, and it would have been an extra-ordinary enduro. But the weather intervened, and so on Sunday's enduro, riders had to endure - in spades. This was truly an "A" level enduro. You had to be a solid A rider to finish, and you had to be an A rider to truly enjoy this challenging enduro. That course had it all!

BTW... last I heard , while still working the gates, Andrew Short was in 1st place. Did he finish in 1st ?
His Instagram said 3rd

Reactions: Dao
That's really awesome.
I got to see Short rippin' it up on a Husky. Wasn't as much as a rip, but S-M-O-O-T-H!
Speaking of, I was just BLOWN away w/ all the white husky's I saw racing. It seemed like for every 2 KTM, there went a white Husky, bangin' bars w/ orange.

Short ended 3rd, yes I like seeing Huskys again.

bubba dennis is very fast ride tvrc with that guy plus he is a class act .put a whoopin on me at the morgan gran prix couple yrs ago

Looking a little nervous as I think about what lies ahead in the last test. It was the only C riders did twice. So I knew what was ahead (or thought I did). The off camber slick hill was my main concern plus an extremely nasty creek crossing. I gave no thought that 400 bikes had been through there, duh. Pretty much the whole loop was terrible. Tree crossing were dug out, DEEP ruts, slick, deep grass tracks. And yes the slick hill had a pile of bikes on it, course worker showed me a line and off I went, almost made it and he grabbed front wheel and got me over the top, so thankful, REALLY. The creek must have gotten really made, it was rerouted. Hit my head on a low limb, actually blanked out for a second and fell over. Got hung up on a double log crossing, just too tired to get the bike off it, just no traction. Pretty sure the 450 lost most of it's water, just brutal, lol! Proud to have finished, would not do this again, got to be smart enough to know when to load up. A lot of folks did.

It felt like this but luckily it wasn't, there was only one bog where if you took wrong line you would be buried. Only did that test once and found a really clean line through it. There was 2 bikes buried in it, probably still there, lol.

bubba dennis is very fast ride tvrc with that guy plus he is a class act .put a whoopin on me at the morgan gran prix couple yrs ago
Cool, don't know him, pretty sure never met him. He must have rode really good!!

Question. You mentioned your bike was almost out of water from the torture. I’m sure that was the heat but made me curious to ask if you use any kind of radiator guards for protection in a get off? Or does the design of dirt bikes come with enough? Seems like we always add something to our dual sports but I’ve never seen a real dirt bike all armored up. I’m sure there’s weight issues

Question. You mentioned your bike was almost out of water from the torture. I’m sure that was the heat but made me curious to ask if you use any kind of radiator guards for protection in a get off? Or does the design of dirt bikes come with enough? Seems like we always add something to our dual sports but I’ve never seen a real dirt bike all armored up. I’m sure there’s weight issues
Actually all I have is the stock plastic it came with, and I've lost one radiator to this. I don't add guards because of the reduced air flow, just me. Most guys run some extra protection. Mine got hot Sunday because of extreme clutch abuse and no forward motion, lol. Anxious to get out and see if all is ok. My friend that owns TJ's had to quit Sunday after one test. He had abused his bike at last TORCS race in the mud, but assumed all was good, it wasn't!! Could be an expensive mud race.

That’s interesting, and yes that could be very expensive.

Not to side track your thread , but TJ’s cycles in Austin ?

My friend that owns TJ's had to quit Sunday after one test. He had abused his bike at last TORCS race in the mud, but assumed all was good, it wasn't!! Could be an expensive mud race.

ahhh, that might explain why I didn't see TJ going through my section. But his son Brian and Brian's son made it through the long course. Makes me proud to know these good folks. Family that rides together stays together.
Speaking of bike abuse, I suggested to my good trials buddy who just bought a brand new 2019 TPI 300 Husky from TJ last month to have a go at this enduro, his 1st ever. Looks like I'm going to have to apologize profusely for my famous last words "...yea buddy, come ride this enduro....break in your new TPI the right way..."

Started riding enduros in '72. After a couple hundred I learned there is wisdom in recognizing when to load up to ride another day.

That’s interesting, and yes that could be very expensive.

Not to side track your thread , but TJ’s cycles in Austin ?
Yes, we didn't go into details on how serious, but he quit after first test section. Tom and I have banged bars since 2003.

ahhh, that might explain why I didn't see TJ going through my section. But his son Brian and Brian's son made it through the long course. Makes me proud to know these good folks. Family that rides together stays together.
Speaking of bike abuse, I suggested to my good trials buddy who just bought a brand new 2019 TPI 300 Husky from TJ last month to have a go at this enduro, his 1st ever. Looks like I'm going to have to apologize profusely for my famous last words "...yea buddy, come ride this enduro....break in your new TPI the right way..."
That's funny, I kinda did the same. Talked my riding buddy into doing his first enduro. I told him he would thank me afterwards. lol, didn't work that way but he did finish. And he too was on a brand new bike, 1 hour on a 2019 250RX, was new!!!!

Yep, they are good people.

A little muddy hill climbing action, the run up to this was very muddy into a soft sand area just before liftoff! Photo credit: Patsy Davis

Last edited:
Back