• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tule Canyon

Reaction score
First Name
James
Last Name
Allison
Tule Canyon is on Texas 207 north of Silverton. You can hit Texas 86 at Estelline and ride over to Silverton and up 207 to Claude. It beats that boring ride up US 287. Lots of scenery through there. Real working ranches and history sitting alongside the road. Check it out sometime..............;-)

There are a few roads that cut through Tule and Palo Duro canyons. An even more scenic is TX70 between Turkey and Clarendon. There are even some county roads (major overstatement!!) in the drainage area. I won't take a street bike out on any of them, but the Husky loves them. For the TRULY adventurous (suicidal?), you can get out the dual sport and spend a few days/weeks/months seeing just how many of the county roads that are still shown on the maps (or mapping software) are actually still accessible. Since I retired, I have been riding them to find some suitable treks for friends to come out to the Llano Estacado for a week. As an example of what you can get into is that I broke a turn signal on the Husky this week from riding through sunflowers on a marked county road - yes, sunflowers but they were about 10 feet tall and kinda thick.

Oh yeah, the snakes like to hide in the shade, so watch out. DAMHIK

Attached is probably the most photographed thing on 207 thru Tule.

Attachments

• tule.jpg
    tule.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 409
HEY!!!! That's cheating when you can look out your backdoor and see the watershed.

Still, it is nice to have the terrain change so dramatically around the rivers in this area. Probably one of the most dramatic is the one just out of Crosbyton on 82/114. Coming from Lubbock it is hard to find flatter ground, then there is this big crack in the earth.

You put that clip of Corpus in there just cause you knew I was living there for the last 3 years. Not around North Beach but out on Padre.

Your gonna have to put some protection on that Light Truck (LT) and come explore some of the gullies with me. Sure glad you identified it though, I glanced at the avatar with the bright reflection on the motor and said to my self - "Oh, another oilhead."

Ignore the first page and take a look at some of the still pics of both areas - Corpus and here.

http://huskyvarmit.smugmug.com/Other/Travels/13538856_pqPJo#986619298_e7TLL

Back