• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - NOW WITH DIRT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs

I'm in! I had a blast last year and had the privilege of meeting some really fantastic folks. Look forward to meeting more this year!

Plans may certainly change between now and then, but I plan to ride up from the DFW area. If anyone is interesting in riding with me let me know.

Nate, let's plan to ride together from DFW. Looking forward to it!

Best Western Inn of the Ozarks is looking pretty good, but will be a little pricier than Swiss Village. Probably around $100/night, but it's much nicer than Swiss Village, has a full restaurant, and has covered motorcycle parking. I'm good either way, but thought I throw it out as an option. What do you guys think about that?

I can vouch for that hotel. We stayed there about 2 years ago and everything was nice!

I didn't spend much time in the room last fall, especially Saturday night when we spent most of that outside in the parking lot :eek2: but Best Western sounds good to me.

Do the rates include a full hot breakfast for 2 (Im not talkin those waffles & microeggs most places use)?
As a retired (set income...jus dont see usin "fixed") person... We hafta watch the xpenses ya kno
Breakfast at MickeyDs last year was ...well..it was fast

Last edited:

I'm good with either Swiss Village Inn or BW of the Ozarks.

Pacman probably already knows all this, but for others who might be curious, right now BW of the Ozarks' web page claims that a room could be booked for 10/10-10/14 "from" $107.45/night.

They also offer a motorcycle package (currently only available through June) that includes a $5 voucher for breakfast in their restaurant and 15% off room rates Sunday-Thursday. If that package could be extended to October, we'd be looking at:
10/10 and 10/11 107.45x.85=$91.33/night
10/12 and 10/13 $107.45
Average per night $99.39 + tax

But whether they would extend such a discount to October would be a matter for negotiation I suppose.

I'm good with either Swiss Village Inn or BW of the Ozarks.

Pacman probably already knows all this, but for others who might be curious, right now BW of the Ozarks' web page claims that a room could be booked for 10/10-10/14 "from" $107.45/night.

They also offer a motorcycle package (currently only available through June) that includes a $5 voucher for breakfast in their restaurant and 15% off room rates Sunday-Thursday. If that package could be extended to October, we'd be looking at:
10/10 and 10/11 107.45x.85=$91.33/night
10/12 and 10/13 $107.45
Average per night $99.39 + tax

But whether they would extend such a discount to October would be a matter for negotiation I suppose.

They will give us a group rate which is essentially equivalent to the motorcycle package. $99/night for the 2 queen beds. The single king balcony room would be $109/night.

The biggest problem I'm seeing with BW is room availability. They're already booked pretty heavily and may not be able to get us a block of rooms together.

I'm still trying to connect with Larry at Swiss Village. I'll update when I get his rates. If he can give us the whole bottom floor facing the parking lot for close to the same rate we had last year, I'll probably go with that. Like MacDaddy said, we spent very little time in the room. My biggest issue was the breakfast, but now that I know what to expect I'll be less grumpy about it.

& if we can find a good local breakfast spot nearby..... That would be great
Myrtie Maes looks better than Gazebo & is only a bit further north. Both open at 7

If you cant get the Swiss... Econo Lodge is priced at $55-59 with cont brkfst..but its on 62 not 23...might check restaurants that direction

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Anybody else thinking of camping?

Dont kno bout anyone else....but I liked the fact that everyone was together in one place.
Easier ta get folks together for a ride...or eatin..... & then theres the hangin out!

Dont kno bout anyone else....but I liked the fact that everyone was together in one place.
Easier ta get folks together for a ride...or eatin..... & then theres the hangin out!

Agree with Mr2Mch--the parking lot party was a lot of fun, even if I did have to ice down my foot while I drank my "medicine". [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wayne, I really appreciate your organizing this ride - it takes a lot of work, time and dedication to do it right - last year was a blast, and I am sure we'll have a good this this year!

Like MacDaddy said, we spent very little time in the room.

And there's a liquor store right behind it. :clap: :party:

Free sobriety tests on site. Right Pacman?

Last edited:

Lodging information updated. See post #3.

There's a reason Scott started using Swiss Village Inn all those years ago. It's pretty much the best deal in town and is just well-suited to our needs.

You can start making your reservations today!

A little taste. Good time are coming. :rider:

Attachments

• The Serpent.jpg
    The Serpent.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 309

Got my hotel reservation!

Excellent! Which day are you checking in, Wednesday or Thursday?

Getting there on Wed evening and checking out on Sunday morning. Looking forward to it!

Lodging: Swiss Village Inn
183 E Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632
http://www.swissvillageinn.com/
(479) 253-9541 -direct line. Talk to Larry or Devin if available.

A block of 10 rooms (all double queen, non smoking) is held under Two Wheeled Texans. Room rates are $59/night, based on 4 nights, October 10-14. If you stay fewer nights your rate might be slightly higher. Last year we stayed 3 nights and Larry still gave us the $59 rate.

To reserve a room you must call the hotel yourself and provide your name and credit card information. Rooms must be reserved by Monday, September 24 or they will be released to the general public. Make sure you tell them you are with the Two Wheeled Texans to get the group rate described above. Feel free to share rooms.

For reservations call Larry or Devin directly at 479-253-9541 during regular business hours. If you search for the hotel through Google and call that number, you might end up with some central reservation service who will have no idea what a Two Wheeled Texan is.

POST IN THIS THREAD OR PM ME WHEN YOU RESERVE ONE OF THE ROOMS SO I CAN KEEP COUNT.

Rooms still available: 9

I just reserved a room for all 4 nights with Larry. Pacman, thanks for your work on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back