• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - NOW WITH DIRT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A spot on my trailer just opened up if anyone is interested. Departing Wednesday the 10th from the Ft Worth area, returning Sunday.

A spot on my trailer just opened up if anyone is interested. Departing Wednesday the 10th from the Ft Worth area, returning Sunday.
Can I tag along with you? What part of fort worth are you in?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Fiscal year has started and work beckons so I will not make this years trip. Bummer for me[emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got a room booked for this Sunday nite at a nice lil motel in Yellville...
Monday..hedden up into MO to ride the state scenic river area around Eminence thru Tue before the rally on Wednesday

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is it too insane to ride from Austin? Don't own a car to trailer. Sounds fun though!

Is it too insane to ride from Austin?

Have you read the 50CC thread? Now that's insane! We had a group of 4 or 5 last year that I believe rode up from the Houston area and they were having a ball. Of course they had a little more than 300 cc, but I don't know why that should stop you anyway. I guess it depends on how eight up you are with it, Ocho. :rofl:

Is it too insane to ride from Austin? Don't own a car to trailer. Sounds fun though!
All ya needta remember...is to get on the "good" roads as quikly as possible while maintainin a generally northerly track. Keeps the ride up to AR from takin a toll on your sanity.
Now..me...well...?
Have you read the 50CC thread? Now that's insane! We had a group of 4 or 5 last year that I believe rode up from the Houston area and they were having a ball. Of course they had a little more than 300 cc, but I don't know why that should stop you anyway. I guess it depends on how eight up you are with it, Ocho. :rofl:
I do like goin east outta Waco to get over into the tree lined roads of East Tx then head north...say ..from Palestine on up

I will be posting several dual sport Tracks. They all use Turpentine Creek Tiger Refuge, which is seven miles south of E.S. on HW 23 as the starting point.

these tracks are what we used on the Bootlegger rider out of there this weekend.

the tracks have the mileage embedded in the name and all have an "A" (out) and "B" (back) segment to them.

They are all big-bike friendly but some small sections may be challenging on a big bike because after all, this is Arkansas!

These tracks go down the the famous Oark General Store where they have great burgers and even better PIE!!
They have regular real gas only.

Attachments

• OARK_A_71.gpx
    70.1 KB · Views: 320
  • Oark_B_89.gpx
    88.7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Before I forget, if you don't have at least an 80 mile gas mileage range, I strongly suggest carrying some extra fuel.

If you are at all low on fuel and pass up one of the widely spaced places that offer fuel then shame on you!!

Turpentine Creek to Combs.. they have burgers and sandwiches there and "usually" fuel.

Attachments

• Combs_Loop_A_125.gpx
    41.6 KB · Views: 343
  • Combs_Loop_B_57.gpx
    38.1 KB · Views: 303
Turpentine Creek to Compton gas station/convenience store where they also have burgers and sandwiches.

This route is big bike friendly with no real challenging but plenty of fun sections and good riding!

Attachments

• Compton_B_55.gpx
    45.8 KB · Views: 346
  • Compton_A_84.gpx
    64.2 KB · Views: 336
Turpentine Creek to Jasper where I highly recommend eating at the Ozark Cafe, which also has excellent pie!
There are several gas stations in town too.

This has one challenging downhill section just east of Compton off HW 43 down Erbie campground road.

That section can be lots of fun if it just rained as it can be slippery and have some mud!

Attachments

• Jasper_A_86.gpx
    79 KB · Views: 334
  • Jasper_B_81.gpx
    63.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Note that all of the above tracks cross several major paved roads like 16, 74, 412, 43, 7, etc and others so if you get tired you can bail off and slab it back to Eureka Springs.

Last edited:
Here are three more Tracks we used last year on the Bootlegger ride that are out and back loops from Turpentine Creek.

They are all 150 miles or less on the loop.

Attachments

• Day 1 ABLR 2017.gpx
    146.1 KB · Views: 289
  • DAY 2 ABLR 2017.gpx
    164.2 KB · Views: 307
  • DAY 3 ABLR 2017.gpx
    219.9 KB · Views: 253
Great collection of dual-sport routes Mike!

For desirable paved routes in the region, this is a decent place to pinch and zoom in.

RB

I will be posting several dual sport Tracks. They all use Turpentine Creek Tiger Refuge, which is seven miles south of E.S. on HW 23 as the starting point.

these tracks are what we used on the Bootlegger rider out of there this weekend.

the tracks have the mileage embedded in the name and all have an "A" (out) and "B" (back) segment to them.

They are all big-bike friendly but some small sections may be challenging on a big bike because after all, this is Arkansas!

These tracks go down the the famous Oark General Store where they have great burgers and even better PIE!!
They have regular real gas only.

Thank you!

I will be posting several dual sport Tracks.
Thanks for posting these.

Are you familiar with the K-Trail in OK? Any sections that tough?

Motorcycleroads.com is a great place to find nice paved roads. Ive used it on several trips.. routing along some of the most recommended stretches. The Butler maps Ive been selling for a few years expand on those recommendations...highlighting the best sections with yellow... Red on the stuff thats still almost as fun/scenic... & orange for the sections not quite as entertaining... but still worth riding (Ive found that the orange highlighted stuff is a great connector for the red & yellow sections)
My willing victim & I will be on plenty of these highlighted roads in AR & MO starting this Sunday
I have an extra Ozarks map if someone needs it...
Great collection of dual-sport routes Mike!

For desirable paved routes in the region, this is a decent place to pinch and zoom in.

RB

Thanks for posting these.

Are you familiar with the K-Trail in OK? Any sections that tough?
Not familiar with the K-Trail.

After googling the K-Trail I would say there are some small sections on my Tracks that are just as challenging but hey, that's what makes it fun, right?

Our mudholes are not bottomless quagmire clay soil pits though.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back