• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - NOW WITH DIRT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pun was fowl.
They're jus ducking the issue.....

None for me tho. I'll have one of their other specialties

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Well I don't want to come across as anti-duck or anything but I'm going to pass on that.

I reserved room awhile back for Friday and Saturday night.

I hope to leave Beaumont afternoon Thursday and travel as far as possible.

Depends on work and when I can hit the road.

I'll probably ride the R1200GS but if it looks like a lot of weather I will put the DR 650 in the truck and haul it there.

Look forward to getting to ride. Its been a while.

I probably won't arrive in Eureka Springs until Thursday evening but could possibly be talked into arriving on Wednesday evening. Otherwise my plan is to get to Clarksville on Wednesday evening and take a winding street and unpaved roads trek up to Eureka Springs on Thursday.

I'm happy to lead or tag along on rides on Friday and Saturday. The pace (or group I'm looking for) would be on the quicker side, more like speeding up for the corners and slowing down for the straights. NOT A RACE but a respectful and spirited ride.

Here's a route that covers a lot of Missouri and is a lot of fun that I'll probably do Friday or Saturday. Tourmeister has done all of the Missouri portion (I hijacked it from his reports) and I'm sure will vouch for it. Lunch in Reed Springs at the Reed Spring Pizza Co (more than pizza) located at mile 117. This includes the Peel Ferry.

https://ridewithgps.com/users/352108/routes

Last edited:
I'm in.

I haven't got a room yet and not sure if I will get there Wed or Thur, will be taking the long way there from SA.

Welcome to the group! I gotcha down. If no rooms are available, you might be able to bunk up with someone else. Most rooms are 2 queen beds.

I reserved room awhile back for Friday and Saturday night.

I hope to leave Beaumont afternoon Thursday and travel as far as possible.

Depends on work and when I can hit the road.

I'll probably ride the R1200GS but if it looks like a lot of weather I will put the DR 650 in the truck and haul it there.

Look forward to getting to ride. Its been a while.

Gotcha on the list DLDR. Glad to have you.

A few housekeeping items:

Take a look at the roll call list on page 1.
If I've missed any additions or subtractions to the IN list please let me know. It's helpful to know who's arrival to expect so that we know if we need to send out search parties if you don't show up. :wary:

Another quick reminder to get your lodging nailed down if you haven't done so. Rooms are slim pickings at this point, but there might be some riders willing to split.

The weather forecast is still looking good, but rain is a possibility - prepare in whatever way you are comfortable with.

Larry from the Swiss Village Inn has asked me to pass on a friendly reminder about quiet hours after 10pm. We typically sit around in the parking lot in the evenings socializing and telling tall tales. This isn't a problem, just be respectful of other guests at the Inn, and keep it down to a dull roar after 10. TWT has a good reputation and we want to keep it that way.

GPS tracks coming shortly......

:rider: :rider: :rider: :rider:

Hit this link for nav files in a variety of formats.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1R1taCc7bLc4Mem_tX6i4euW-liVVuW_a

No guarantees on how these will work with your nav system. I highly recommend trying them out before we're ready to hit the road.

These tracks were built in Furkot and are optimized for the Android app CoPilot. If anyone has the opportunity to try the Garmin and/or TomTom files and report your results, that would super cool. No idea if any of the formats are supported by Magellan. Anyone know?

Last thing, I might tweak these tracks a bit here and there, but nothing too drastic. If I make a major change I'll post an updated file.

See y'all soon!

Do these open easily in that app?

I wouldn't say it's "easy", but it's not too bad once you've done it a couple of times. I can give you step by step if you want to give it a try.

:tab I am not planning on being a group leader, but I rarely get on the bike and leave much before 8:30-9:00am... leaning more toward 9:00 :-P I may, or may not, be back in time for dinner or before dark. I just depends on how much fun I am having. That said, with my son on the back, I suspect my days will be shorter than for my solo rides. Obviously, with my son aboard, I will be riding appropriately. So I will stick to pavement and moderate dirt.

Watch the weather forecast. Now calling for a high of 60 Thur-Sat and sunny.

To me that is perfect riding weather but may be cooler than some of you southerners are used to!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

I don't have any motorcycle specific cold weather gear which means I'll probably be over packing for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back