• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - NOW WITH DIRT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your summer gear might have come with liners as well. Look for those and bring them if you have them.

The NC700X has a Frunk right? Take that instead and we'll convert the frunk into a burn pit. Easy peasy, you're warm and we can all sit around your bike at night. :rofl:

Yellville tonite from Waco
Sixflippinhundredandfortyninemiles
All good

100d8e5e6a0cb81b3346c4ed5482b0c7.jpg

017fa343e8208c3477fa1b7a71603296.jpg

Last edited:
SIDEWINDERS WILL BE THERE!
grimsweeper earlier posted 1 or 2 plus him. Now we have me, grimsweeper, and 2 others! We have our rooms and will be at Swiss Village Wed afternoon.

Hit this link for nav files in a variety of formats.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1R1taCc7bLc4Mem_tX6i4euW-liVVuW_a

No guarantees on how these will work with your nav system. I highly recommend trying them out before we're ready to hit the road.

These tracks were built in Furkot and are optimized for the Android app CoPilot. If anyone has the opportunity to try the Garmin and/or TomTom files and report your results, that would super cool. No idea if any of the formats are supported by Magellan. Anyone know?

Last thing, I might tweak these tracks a bit here and there, but nothing too drastic. If I make a major change I'll post an updated file.

See y'all soon!

Garmin tracks downloaded. Looks good! Thank you for putting this together.

Packed up and did a shakedown ride, ready to go.

Looking forward to first loaded tour on the scooter.

AT_Ark_Tour_2018.jpg

Packed up and did a shakedown ride, ready to go.

Looking forward to first loaded tour on the scooter.

AT_Ark_Tour_2018.jpg
be careful.....motorcycle touring can become very addictive! Add camping to the mix and it is the cocaine of the motorycle world :)

I don't have any motorcycle specific cold weather gear which means I'll probably be over packing for this one.

:tab You need something that will block the wind. At those temps, a simple sweat shirt under your regular jacket will keep you warm as long as you can stop the wind. I used to wear a wind breaker over a mesh jacket years ago. That would keep me warm down into the 40s. It kept the wind off my skin and the mesh jacked made a nice insulating air barrier between the wind breaker and my skin. Water proof gloves would be nice. Even in the 60s, if it gets wet, your hands can get very cold (even with heated grips).

:tab I don't know if it has been mentioned, but some remote gas stations don't take credit cards and/or may not have premium grade gas. So you may want to have cash. If you are worried about the gas, maybe carry a bottle of that octane booster stuff. Most stations have 87 minimum.

:tab You need something that will block the wind. At those temps, a simple sweat shirt under your regular jacket will keep you warm as long as you can stop the wind. I used to wear a wind breaker over a mesh jacket years ago. That would keep me warm down into the 40s. It kept the wind off my skin and the mesh jacked made a nice insulating air barrier between the wind breaker and my skin. Water proof gloves would be nice. Even in the 60s, if it gets wet, your hands can get very cold (even with heated grips).
In a pinch I've used newspapers under my jacket in front of my chest.

A rain suit jacket does wonders

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

MacDaddy suggested a rain suit, it just showed up today, so I threw it in the pack.

I'm planning on doing the dirt ride Friday if it makes.

Otherwise, just going to follow whoever is leading one.

I'll be dual sporting it up at least 2 days.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I'd like to on Friday too. I was able to load Mike's gps tracks to basecamp and the Garmin fine but I'm lost on Pacman's.

I'd like to on Friday too. I was able to load Mike's gps tracks to basecamp and the Garmin fine but I'm lost on Pacman's.
If you're using a Garmin device I'm afraid Im not much help. I did notice that Furkot gave me 2 different files for Garmin, one for newer devices, and the other is older devices I presume.

Has anyone else atteempted to load any of my tracks on a Garmin device?

Furkot has the option to download Tracks and Routes in the Garmin formats. The ones that I linked are Routes. If anyone thinks the Track option will work better let me know and I'll add them.

Peelin out...
5c0c275b06d599ab6dd6bdf1f2194f1c.jpg

Met these two guys at the ferry... Brian & Pineapple..Ended up ridin with them from Peel up to Licking before they hedded north to Sullivan. They were aiming for Wisconsin
We did stop in Cabool for lunch at L A Cafe
The beans n cornbread special was pretty good....at the time!

Cant load pics
No Verizon cell here in Eminence
9435470b343a9496681242c01e539f10.jpg
5fd7f617d44927d190a5f248418990a6.jpg
05e239cbb4c66e145e67bfb532afcb96.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy,

I rode the budget Fazer into the area today. The temperature was perfect in the low 80s today. It won't stay there for long. :)

- Washburn to Jane on #90 was excellent with ample flipping back and forth on the turns.

- Conoco in Eureka Springs has ethanol free premium gasoline

Seya,

RB

---

Barn crazy in Arkansas

i-cCr9LQm-L.jpg

The Razorback Riviera

i-6wXVQnP-L.jpg

Sampled the other Route 66

i-r3hPhrh-L.jpg

Last edited:
I've updated the GPS files with tracks instead of routes. For those who had trouble with the earlier versions, give these a shot instead.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R1taCc7bLc4Mem_tX6i4euW-liVVuW_a

If anyone would like to give CoPilot a shot, I'm happy to walk you through loading a track into the app.

We can also work on it at the hotel Wednesday night, just make sure you download the app and the map from home or somewhere with good Wifi. The map is over 2 GB and would take hours or days to download at the hotel.

To do it you'll need the following:

-Android phone running 4.1 and up, with at least 2.5 GB available storage
(Cellular service not necessary, just needs WiFi and GPS/location capabilities. Cellular is needed only if you want to get real time traffic updates)

-CoPilot app - free

-North America or USA map downloaded through the CoPilot app (I think it costs about $10, but includes lifetime updates)

-file manager app - free

Last edited:
If you're using a Garmin device I'm afraid Im not much help. I did notice that Furkot gave me 2 different files for Garmin, one for newer devices, and the other is older devices I presume.

Has anyone else atteempted to load any of my tracks on a Garmin device?

I downloaded the GPX files and they imported into Basecamp just fine.

As of now, I have them downloaded but they're not importing to base camp. Something I'll worry about tonight but the problem is now on my end. If I don't have any luck then maybe someone has them loaded on a Montana and I can just transfer them onto mine. That's a pretty nice feature of those units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back