• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Arkansas/Missouri Fall Rally 9/22 - 9/25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
TWT Fall Arkansas/ Missouri Trip

Who: Matt "STrider" is your go to person for this trip. It is his baby. Post here or PM him if you have questions.

Dates: September 22 through 25.
Lodging: Swiss Village Inn,
http://www.eureka-net.com/swissvillage/

800-447-6525
479-253-9541

A block of 12 rooms (all double queen, no smoking) is reserved at the hotel. Room rates are $59/ night for Friday and Saturday, and $39 for Sunday night. The rooms must be booked by August 22 or they will be released to the general pool. Make sure you tell them you are with the Two Wheel Texans group to get the group rate described above.

Travel: However you get there. I’m [Matt] looking to borrow a 2 to 4 place trailer. If one comes available, I [Matt] can tow & have room for bikes, riders & gear, & we can divide fuel costs.

Routes: To be determined, but will include MO160 & 125, and a ton of just incredible little twisty country roads.

Rides: The rides will consist of 300 – 400 miles a day through beautiful country on some great back roads of Arkansas and Missouri. The pace (and judging by the participant list, some of the riders) will range from mild to spirited. There is NO REASON for anybody to feel intimidated or worry about either falling behind or holding anybody up. As with any TWT ride, ride your own ride, at your own pace. Ride leaders will wait at intersections or change of plans to make sure the group stays together.

T-Shirts: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153559&postcount=102

Matt's Info Post: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showpost.php?p=117029&postcount=9

Last edited:
I have access to a utility trailer that can probably hold at least 3, possibly 4 bikes. I'm undecided on whether I'd want in on the trailering or not, but if I go, you are welcome to use my (parents) trailer. I'll be able to make a committment as the date gets closer.

Count me in as a maybe + 1 (friend on a 'busa)

If we go, I've got a great route from the DFW area to Eureka Springs. It's a long ride but well worth it.

Leeroy has to get his fix at the Bavarian Inn :lol2:

Chris (The Big Spank Daddy - GPZ 1100) and I (Chatterbox) are a definite. We had so much fun last weekend with another group, we're ready to go again!!!! :rider:

Count me as a definite. Kidder I wouldn't mind tagging along for the scenic ride up if that's ok.

Check back here for trip & participant updates.

STrider Update:
It looks like I'm out, no, in, no, out, no.... aww heck. I dunno. Check here for details.

ROOM UPDATE:
As of 9-21, there is or is not 1 or more rooms left in our block. PM me or other "D" list participants if you wanna know who is willing or wants to share a room. If folks on the "D" list are planning on sharing, let me know. If you are on the D list and have not reserved your room yet, please do so we can keep an accurate count of room availability. They will hold the room, but not charge your credit card until the event.

If/when our reservations at the hotel are filled, and if additional rooms at the hotel are not available, the trip is still open, but accomodations will be the responsibility of the late-comers. The starting point for the Saturday and Sunday rides is planned to be the Swiss Village Inn parking lot.

TRANSPORTATION UPDATE:
I will have access to a trailer. There is one trailer spot available. First come, first served. If you don't like the Grateful Dead, Rush, and The Who, it is gonna be a long ride up there.

THE RULES:
This is a TWT sponsored event. This means that we will conduct ourselves, and wear gear in accordance with The TWT Rules of the Road. If you have questions about the interpretation or implementation of the rules, ask before rather than after.

THE OFFICIAL APPROVED ROUTES

THE MEALS
People are asking, so here's the meals plan. Eat. There is no plan for group breakfasts. (The hotel does say they have a continental breakfast.) Go eat. Or dont. Just be sure you're there for pre-ride meetings. En route lunch plans are in work. Right now the "lead group finds a place" plan is winning. Group dinners, either in our entirety or in smaller groups will depend on space, tastes, budgets,....

I've made 7:00 PM reservations for 20 ish folks Saturday night (9-23) at The Bavarian Inn in Eureka Springs. German-Czech restaurant, dinners range around $15.00 (I'm gonna budget $25, maybe add a salad & a drink. or two.) I'll need a more solid head count a day or two before. I know 7 is a little late, but we have to allow time for showers, changing clothes, etc. for those that wanna.

THE PLAYERS:

Definite

scratch Paul Speed Triple
STrider Matt Beneficiary of another's generosity
Chatterbox Cindy Bandit1200
TheBigSpankDaddy Chris GPZ11

vfrhugh Hugh VFR

leeroy Kieth (bevo) VFR

Eulogite Alan DL1000K5
Eulowife Debbie Ninja 250
FJRMike Mike FJR

Texian Mark RC51
Redd Sarah SV650/Monster 620
Thermalser Stuart FZ1
V2Roger Roger FZ1
pacman1 Wes ZRX1100
Jon The Buddha ?? V-Strom 650

?? Larry CBR 929

FJRTX Donnie FJR
?? Peter GS1150

st1100 Mark FZ1
Tourmeister Scott KLR
rocketbunny Becca 1200ST NOT a trailer queen

Maybe

shaft drive six ?? GL1800 Silent Rider
hcope1 Buzz GS1150

Last edited:
I'm very interested in attending this but I won't know until August timeframe.

sounds like fun, not sure if I can make it or not. I'll check back come closer to time

edmart001 said:
Anyone planning to ride up from Houston area?

That depends. Here's a conservative (erring to the expensive side) cost breakdown for a one way trip riding, trucking, & trailering up, assuming $5.00/ gallon for gas. Yeah, that may be high, but I'd rather plan on spending it & not than the other way 'round.

One way trip = about 650 miles

:tab :tab :tab :tab:tab:tab:tab:tab:tabTrailer
Bike:tab:tab Truck:tab :tab 2 bikes:tab:tab:tab 3 bikes
40 MPG:tab 15 MPG :tab 13 MPG:tab:tab :tab13 MPG
$81.25:tab $216.00:tab $125/ person:tab $83.33/person

4 bikes on a trailer & trucking up comes out to about $75/ person, one way. I'm tired of lining up the columns.

To answer your question, if I don't find a trailer to carry at least one other bike & rider, I'll ride up. I'd rather trailer up though.

Last edited:
Yea, I'll probably be trailering up myself if I go this time. I have room for at least 3 bikes.

If I'm going (and that's a big "if" since it's still over 4 months away), I'll probably put the bike in the truck bed and driving up. I'll have space for other riders' gear and whatnot if they need it.

STrider said:
That depends. Here's a conservative (erring to the expensive side) cost breakdown for a one way tip riding, trucking, & trailering up, assuming $5.00/ gallon for gas. Yeah, that may be high, but I'd rather plan on spending it & not than the other way 'round.

One way trip = about 650 miles

:tab :tab :tab :tab:tab:tab:tab:tab:tabTrailer
Bike:tab:tab Truck:tab :tab 2 bikes:tab:tab:tab 3 bikes
40 MPG:tab 15 MPG :tab 13 MPG:tab:tab :tab13 MPG
$81.25:tab $216.00:tab $125/ person:tab $83.33/person

4 bikes on a trailer & trucking up comes out to about $75/ person, one way. I'm tired of lining up the columns.

To answer your question, if I don't find a trailer to carry at least one other bike & rider, I'll ride up. I'd rather trailer up though.
Are you going to have your bike inspected and registered by then? No pressure.

Oh yea baby, I'm in!! I love Arkansas/MO. in the fall. Beth and I are in the house buy/sell mode right now but should be settled in by September. We have a contract on a place and and a contract on our present home. You never know till closing but things look good.
Hugh:rider:

kocook said:
Put me down for the trip. Undecided on trailering or riding. May do both.
Got this mental image of Kent sitting on his bike while it's being trailered... ;-)

vfrhugh said:
Oh yea baby, I'm in!! I love Arkansas/MO. in the fall.
Excellent! Hope everything works out on the home swap. :thumb:

Keith, you are the master of the minimalist post! :bow: :lol2:

The little Ninja and I will aim at this trip, for sure. I rode the heck out of AR and some MO last weekend and can't wait to get back. I don't have much experience at group riding, but I was sorely tempted to reverse course when I watched a herd of sport and sport/tourers get off the ferry at Bull Shoals Lake. I was riding the ferry the other direction with a gaggle of cruisers.

We live just off I-30 at Cumby, TX. My ride to Eureka is simply sweet. One short stretch of straight road from the border to Idabel, then about 60 miles of reduced speed limit through Broken Bow. After that, let the games begin!

Then again, there is always the Paris-Hugo-Antlers route. Talimena, Pig Trail, and Eureka. As it gets closer, I will confirm and look for others to ride up with. We have accomodations for bikes and guests for those wanting to get a jump on the ride from the metromess.

PS- GO MAVS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back