• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Arkansas/Missouri Fall Rally 9/22 - 9/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFW_Warrior - (1) Sm and (1) XL
Eulogite - (1) XL
rp_hdao - (1) M and (1) XL
STRider - (1) XL
Thermalser - (1) L

Total of seven shirts, need about five more minimum.

Last edited:
Eulogite - (1) XL
fz1nutt - (1) XL
Jon the Buddha - (1) XL
STRider - (1) XL
Thermalser - (1) L

Total of nine shirts, need about three more minimum.

Chris and I want a shirt each, but will not be able to pay until this Thursday. Please contact me via e-mail.

Thanks.

DFW Warrior and Warrior Wife are added to the "D" list. There is a strong likelihood that a person with a Sprint ST would be willing to switch up for a ride on the Warrior.

There is no more "M" list. Except for Kurt. Because that's just funny.

Get your shirt money in.

I'll be working out the route lists in the coming weeks. There will be route sheets available for everybody that makes it to the first parking lot meet.

There will be a pre-ride meeting everyday. More updates to follow.

Matt, I wouldn't mind at all switching up for a little while. After a 500 mile ride up there my butt would welcome the different seat for a few miles.

count me in its been a while since i have been on a ride ,am checking on a room tonight,it looks like a good turn out,i guess the route will be determined soon ?thanks mark

Jon The Buddha said:
Which bike are you riding? Busa? Strom? You coming through OKC?

Strom!!!:rider:

Yeah, I'll be coming thru OKC. Wanna hook up and ride?

busarider1 said:
Strom!!!:rider:

Yeah, I'll be coming thru OKC. Wanna hook up and ride?

Heck yeah...That'd be cool. I'm on a Wee, though, so you will have to go easy on me! ;-)

As it gets closer, let me know what time you expect to come through. I'll PM you my phone number that week as well.

Chatterbox (1) XL and (1) XXL
Eulogite - (1) XL
FJRMike - (1) M
fz1nutt - (1) XL
Jon the Buddha - (1) XL
Kocook - (1) unknown size
STRider - (1) XL
Thermalser - (1) L

Total of 13 shirts, I will place the order tomorrow.
Mike, paypal ASAP please if you have not already done so.

One last thing, my harddrive tanked this weekend and I lost ALL of my recent emails. What this means is that I need all of you that have ordered shirts to PM me your shipping addresses ASAP!!

great googly moogly - I've created a monster.

At the most recent count there are 30 players on this ride. Of course, all are welcome, but there are a few subtleties that escaped my notice regarding a group this big.

1. The ride - There is NO WAY a single group of 30 people can hope to stay together, except in a parade. Consider only stoplights - Now add in stop signs, pace, fuel stops, meal stops,.... So we're gonna hafta make at least a couple different groups.

So what I need is:

:tab3-4 brave souls, willing to take the abuse and ridicule of the rest, to volunteer to be ride leaders.

:tabAn equal number of perhaps less brave but equally capable people to ride sweep.

If you are interested in either (or both) positions, PM me.

2. Meals - This will be alleviated somewhat by having multiple groups, but that doesn't help for dinner. It's not like we can just saunter 30 people into the closest place and expect to be seated. It would also be nice, however, if we had at least one opportunity to have the whole group together for a little while to bench race, socialize, whatever.

So what I need here is:

:tab1 (or several) people to be Social Coordinators. Scope out (or know of already) a place or places that we could congregate on a (or all 3) nights. I'm thinking any kind of restaurant, bar & grill, bar, dance hall, old barn - anything with the kind of space that we can all get comfortable to socialize. If they have pie, all the better.

Once again, if you're interested, PM me.

3. I'd like to know who is trucking/ trailering up, AND would be able to provide pickup service, in the event of bike or rider malfunction. It would be nice if we could split up possible pickup vehicles amongst the groups. PM me.

I've got tentative routes for both days. about 350 miles each. I'll post both days' routes for review/ acceptance/ criticism/ ridicule when I have them. Feel free to PM me routes. (in text please - I'm GPSionally challenged.)

When we are there, NOBODY had better ask "Hey! Why didn't I get a shirt!!"

I don't wanna organize all the fun out of this, but I don't want it to be total guesswork from start to finish either.

Last edited:
I'll double check with Kent, but we could likely volunteer to be a ride/sweep team.:rider:

I can't remember the name of the place that we ate that was in walking distance from the Comfort Inn ( Scott would know) , but I think it could accommodate a large group with some advance notice.

:tab Sparky's diner. It does not handle large groups real well as the only place for them is the deck out back. It only really has room for maybe one large group. You might check with the hotel to see if they have a banquet room. The last time I did a ride up there, the Comfort Inn was going to let me use their room at no charge. I had thought about having the dinner catered. However, getting people to commit for a definite head count was impossible so those plans pooped.

Thermalser said:
I'll double check with Kent, but we could likely volunteer to be a ride/sweep team.:rider:

So we can easily recognize you and Kent as a "team", I suggest you get power-ranger leathers to match his....preferably not blue cause you would look like "twins" then, rather than a "team"

236276106_8475728d60.jpg

Texian said:
So we can easily recognize you and Kent as a "team", I suggest you get power-ranger leathers to match his....preferably not blue cause you would look like "twins" then, rather than a "team"

236276106_8475728d60.jpg

I do believe I see you and Sarah in the picture as well.:rofl:

Social coordinator? I nominate Chatterbox!
(then again, I'm one of the poor souls that cannot attend this ride so my vote means nothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back