• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Arkansas/Missouri Fall Rally 9/22 - 9/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
pacman1 said:

YES!!!!:thumbd: I checked that out last night. I'm not sure what I will do if it is raining on friday morning.

I don't know if I am comfortable riding in the rain all the way to ES. There is only a 40% chance, so maybe if I leave early enough I might miss it. The other thing I am considering is leaving on thursday instead. I'm going to try and have a definate plan by wednesday morning.

I'm not so much worried about the rain through the weekend, just the ride up. Once in ES I can take my time while on the group rides. I need some exposure to wet riding anyway! :trust:

Well, as of about 2 hours ago Melanie and I will not be attending the Fall Rally. She got into a car accident by our house in Arlington a little while ago. She's okay and nothing is injured, but now with the cost of a Mini to repair I just don't think I'll have the funds to get us up there for the weekend.

It was fun while it lasted though.

Good for Matt, bad for DFW Warrior team.

Debbie and I will not arrive until about 9:30 pm Friday, later if it's raining. I have Mark's phone number and will call to see where/when to be Sat morning.

fyi, we'll be communicating on bike-to-bike, if case somebody else has GMRS we can arrange a frequency.

My list is getting shorter.

Last edited:
Got my shirt in the mail today. Looks good!

And I'm pretty sure I am going to go ahead and leave Thursday morning. Not because of rain, but just so I can have a day to do some light riding around the area and recover before the weekend riding.

Anybody else going on Thursday? Maybe we can meet up for diner (thur) or breakfast/lunch (fri).

I wish I could head up Thursdsay morning, but my boss wont set me free that early.:doh: Assuming a 10 hour ride, I'll be there between 5 and 6pm Friday. Oy, my tookus is gonna hurt.:giveup:

I'm going to Mena Thursday night, if the rain does not get in the way. If it does I'll ride the whole way friday.

Thanks Scott, received my shirt today as well, looks great!:clap:

Anyone still looking to split a room?

Be here each morning if you plan to run the "official" routes with Matt.

Dates: September 22 through 25.
Lodging: Swiss Village Inn,
http://www.eureka-net.com/swissvillage/

800-447-6525
479-253-9541

Otherwise, folks are free to do as they please.

Matt, have you set a meet time for each morning? I would suggest 8:30am in the parking lot, stands up at 9:00am at the latest. This gives people time to eat a relaxed breakfast and get gas. Then time for a short pre ride chit chat about the route.

I did say in the routes post that I'd urge all groups to have kickstands up no later than 8:30, particularly on Saturday, to try to get back in time for 7:00 PM dinner reservations.

I know for some people, 8:30 is the crack of dawn, but there ya go. The Saturday pre-ride meeting will start at 7:56 (according to my cell phone) in the Swiss Village Inn parking lot. Everybody should be fueled/aired up, biologically and bikalogically, before that. I'll hand out route sheets then, or Friday evening to folks that come by & want 'em then.

Got my t-shirt today, looks great, but isn't there a "k" in Arkansas?

scratch and I should get to the hotel at 4-5 pmish on Friday. I'm supposed to have the "central" room in our block. Swing by, introduce yourself, hang out for awhile. If you happen to show up with an extra Shiner or Guinness, you'll likely receive a hearty welcome.

Anything else?

My cell is 832-334-ninetwoonethree - I'd like to have the ride leaders exchange #s before kickstands up on Saturday.

Last edited:
8:00 will work ;-)

I recommend people carry some cash. Not all the gas stations will take credit cards!

Also, there will be many places where cell coverage can be spotty at best. Still good to have them though.

We should arrive about the same time Matt. Any idea if the hotel has a place to park trailers?

STrider said:
My cell is 832-334-ninetwoonethree - I'd like to have the ride leaders exchange #s before kickstands up on Saturday.
Good idea. Mine is 713-four-one-two-7615.

My cell is 903-twofourthree-fourseveneighteight.

I am leaving Thursday evening and will be there sometime mid-to-late afternoon on Friday.

my cell is 832-248-6502. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Is anyone actually riding up there from Houston or will I be meeting up with a bunch of "trailer queens"?

Two for dinner at the Bavarian Saturday night, Matt.

FJRMike said:
Is anyone actually riding up there from Houston or will I be meeting up with a bunch of "trailer queens"?
Got the tiara fitted to my bike already. ;-)

scratch said:
Got the tiara fitted to my bike already. ;-)

It should look good with the seat cover.

Queen here too, with scratch.

I just got off the phone with the hotel. There is now no room at the inn. With the unfortunate cancellations, there are (were?) some newly single occupant rooms. If you're looking to share, PM me, I'll try to put the singles in contact if they're interested. We'll need to get this handled quick, I don't remember if it was 24 or 48 hrs notice to cancel.

Just (ok, the hotel was first) got off the phone with the shop too. They believe that the regulator/rectifier on the ST is broke - getting it overnighted. (Apparently some problems getting adequate instruction from Triumph on how to test the system. They're (the shop) saying there's juice from the stator to the r/r, but nothing from the r/r to the battery.) I may end up having my bike there, won't know for sure till Wed. afternoon or Thursday morning. One way or another, I'll be there on some bike.

It's getting close.

<edit> The shop missed the cutoff time to have it overnighted to get here on Thursday. I'll be on the borrowed bike.

<re-edit> The shop had their dates wrong - they thought it was a day later than it is. So it looks like the r/r will be here in time, & I'll be on my bike. At this point - I'm not gonna say for certain what I'm gonna be on. I'll know for certain on Thursday afternoon.

Last edited:
STrider said:
It should look good with the seat cover.

Queen here too, with scratch.

I just got off the phone with the hotel. There is now no room at the inn. With the unfortunate cancellations, there are (were?) some newly single occupant rooms. If you're looking to share, PM me, I'll try to put the singles in contact if they're interested. We'll need to get this handled quick, I don't remember if it was 24 or 48 hrs notice to cancel.

Just (ok, the hotel was first) got off the phone with the shop too. They believe that the regulator/rectifier on the ST is broke - getting it overnighted. (Apparently some problems getting adequate instruction from Triumph on how to test the system. They're (the shop) saying there's juice from the stator to the r/r, but nothing from the r/r to the battery.) I may end up having my bike there, won't know for sure till Wed. afternoon or Thursday morning. One way or another, I'll be there on some bike.

It's getting close.

<edit> The shop missed the cutoff time to have it overnighted to get here on Thursday. I'll be on the borrowed bike.

<re-edit> The shop had their dates wrong - they thought it was a day later than it is. So it looks like the r/r will be here in time, & I'll be on my bike. At this point - I'm not gonna say for certain what I'm gonna be on. I'll know for certain on Thursday afternoon.
:twitch::twitch::twitch: My head hurts.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back