• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Arkansas/Missouri Fall Rally 9/22 - 9/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
pacman and i are going up friday moring so if anyone in dfw area wants in let us know thanks and we will see you guys there
mark

Mark, I also plan to leave out of the Dallas area Friday morning and would like to follow along.

Where and what time do you plan to meet up?

Do you have a route yet?

Thanks,

Has anyone considered where they are going to be parking their trailer? Parking space is a premium in Eureka Springs.

V2 Roger said:
Mark, I also plan to leave out of the Dallas area Friday morning and would like to follow along.

Where and what time do you plan to meet up?

Do you have a route yet?

Thanks,

I proposed to Mark that we meet at this location. Sorry, don't know the name of the gas station, only where it is. Corner of 75 and 380 (W University DR) in McKinney.
meetplace.jpg

If everyone is in agreement with location, I'll see you all there at 8:00am. We are stands up from south Ft Worth at 6:30 am, so I think we can be there by 8. Whaddya think?

Also, shaftdrivesix and I were leaning toward more of a slab route to ensure arrival at ESprings before dark. If anyone feels then need to hit the twisties on the way up, don't let us hold you back. I fully understand the need, but those critters darting across the roads after dark put a little fear in me.

Almost forgot. Everyone should bring a clear visor!!! You do not want to be caught out after dark with the tinted visor on those roads...

I would stay on 540 to Rogers and then head East on US 62. It is a hair longer but still quicker. Only about the last 30 miles are twisty. If you cut off 540 as shown, you spend more time on twisty stuff.

pacman1 said:
I proposed to Mark that we meet at this location. Sorry, don't know the name of the gas station, only where it is. Corner of 75 and 380 (W University DR) in McKinney.
meetplace.jpg

If everyone is in agreement with location, I'll see you all there at 8:00am. We are stands up from south Ft Worth at 6:30 am, so I think we can be there by 8. Whaddya think?

Also, shaftdrivesix and I were leaning toward more of a slab route to ensure arrival at ESprings before dark. If anyone feels then need to hit the twisties on the way up, don't let us hold you back. I fully understand the need, but those critters darting across the roads after dark put a little fear in me.

That sounds good to me. I'm not real familar with the area, so about how long will it take me to get from Arlington to McKinney? Would I-30 to 75 be my best choice?

Thanks,

st1100 said:
pacman and i are going up friday moring so if anyone in dfw area wants in let us know thanks and we will see you guys there
mark

I would LOVE to leave Friday morning, but my wife is too conscientious (tough spell, that word) and won't blow off work. We will be REALLY late if it's raining.

FYI, we're testing bike-to-bike radios just after dark last night and I got happy and rolled on the throttle a little bit, just in time to pass between two deer!! We're both screaming "DEER" :eek2: into a simplex radio, so that didn't do much.

Thank you, Lord, for that warning shot across my bow. Like I said, we'll be REALLY late.

got my T-shirt last night and it looks good.

I thought you were going to add a line on the back that said: "FJR's rule and all others drool" for me?

BTW - have we made up the T-shirts for those people who are not actually riding their bikes up there?

Something like "I trailered my bike to a motorcycle rally" and "My other bike on the trailer is a H-D".... LOL

Tourmeister said:
I would stay on 540 to Rogers and then head East on US 62. It is a hair longer but still quicker. Only about the last 30 miles are twisty. If you cut off 540 as shown, you spend more time on twisty stuff.

Thanks for the tip.:thumb:

V2 Roger said:
That sounds good to me. I'm not real familar with the area, so about how long will it take me to get from Arlington to McKinney? Would I-30 to 75 be my best choice?

Thanks,

That would be the most direct route. Just keep in mind that this will take you through an extremely heavy traffic area in the heart of rush hour.

Also, watch the transition from I30 to 75. There's no direct connection between the 2. I30 will dump you onto I35 north for about half a mile, then you hang a right onto Wodall Rogers, which is a very short freeway (only about 1 mile) that connects you to 75. IIRC correctly, Woodall Rogers is NOT labeled. The sign just says something like "To 75". Crazy.:doh:

Any Dallas folks who can confirm/correct the above statement?

pacman1 said:
Thanks for the tip.:thumb:

Yeah....my trip mapped it out the same way as pacman's. Thanks for the info! I'll definately get of 412 (from oklahoma) and head up 540.

Hey Pac...If ya'll see a red VStrom with Givi hard luggage on 540....IT'S ME!! ;-)

Wed morning - I just released the room I had booked as I am sharing with someone else so one is now available, at least for a bit.

The Inn Keeper said it was 45 degrees up there this morning and the weekend weather looks great. LET'S RIDE.

If you are going up US 69, when you get near Atoka WATCH YOUR SPEED! This area is usually crawling with LEO. I have literally seen 8-9 units pulling people over within the stretch of a mile. Especially watch your speed going through the town as the speed zones change down to the 30 mph limit.

I'm out. Newly painted parts will not be done in time. I HAD A ROOM RESERVED SO THERE IS NOW ANOTHER ONE OPEN. This Bites !!!
Now THIS is a naked Fizzy!

im001456editedjz1.jpg

Doh! Sorry you can't make it Randall. Painted?...what's that?-

I guess my estimation for attrition is busted.
I figured we'd drop 3-4 riders. This puts us near the low 20's in numbers?... I think?

Matt is there an offical list somewhwere? Not sure if the one on the front page is what you're keeping up with.

fz1nutt said:
I'm out. Newly painted parts will not be done in time. I HAD A ROOM RESERVED SO THERE IS NOW ANOTHER ONE OPEN. This Bites !!!
Now THIS is a naked Fizzy!

im001456editedjz1.jpg

Randall, that sucks. Wish I could take your place:lol2:
Did you decide on the flames?

Dang, sorry to hear that, FZ1Nutt.

Texian said:
Matt is there an offical list somewhwere? Not sure if the one on the front page is what you're keeping up with.

There is, and it is. I'm counting 25 right now - That's an estimate since I don't know how many "buddies" are in the Buzz + Buddies (hehe, Buzz 'n' Buddies) group. If you're a definite participant, and you're not on the list, lemme know. If you're on the list and you are not going, lemme know.

I'm working on making the route sheets now. They're gonna be in b&w 8.5 x 11.

Tourmeister said:
If you are going up US 69, when you get near Atoka WATCH YOUR SPEED! This area is usually crawling with LEO. I have literally seen 8-9 units pulling people over within the stretch of a mile. Especially watch your speed going through the town as the speed zones change down to the 30 mph limit.
There's a 25mph sign hidden somewhere in Stringtown. I sure didn't see it, but that didn't help me. So, if you get off 69 there to head over to the Talimena, or are planning to pass through there on your way back, slow down. It's a speed trap in every sense of the word. Just raking in the dollars.

I wish all you guys a safe and fun trip!!! It bums me out so bad that we won't be able to attend. And then to add insult to injury the shirts arrived yesterday and look awesome, and yet we still won't be able to go.:miffed:

But anyway, you guys take lots of pics and we look forward to hearing some really good stories when you return.

Be safe,
Bill

st1100 said:
mark

Here's the group meeting in McKinney Friday morning. See earlier post for the exact location. (Did anyone figure out if it's a Chevron or something else?)

st1100
pacman1
V2 Roger
shaft drive six

Did I miss anybody?

Roger, you sounded like a definate with your last post. Should we expect to see you in McKinney Friday morning?

I'm still planning on leaving Ft Worth at 6:30, to arrive at the gas station in McKinney at 7:45 or 8:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back