• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Autumn Rally, Mountain Home, Ar., Nov 1-4th, 2007

:scratch: So... I can't ask an honest question? When I hear "motorycle" and "rally" used together to describe an event, I understand that there should be a time limit specified, and bonus locations, and rules and whatnot. :shrug:

:tab Of course you can ask an honest question! :-P I just did not realize what it was you were asking in your original post ;-) This is not that kind of rally. This is just getting together, riding, visiting, eating, riding, visiting, and eating some more. There currently are no plans for any kind of treasure hunt, points, etc,...

I thought with rallies, it was like a scavenger hunt type of deal on a motorcycle.... you're given a time limit and a book with a number of bonus locations and things to take a picture of at said location (specific instructions that must be met to get allocated points awarded to you). Pictures all submitted via polaroid (to avoid any digital alteration, duplication, etc).

This is why I asked the "what is a rally?" question in Ryan's thread that kinda got this started - I don't think there is a standard definition.

Our Grrl thinks of "rally" in the context of the bi-annual IBA version...

The routes will be around 300-350 miles each day. It will be a FULL day of riding on fairly technical roads. If all goes well, we should be back in Mountain Home each evening right around sunset (6:45pm-ish).

Just a suggestion.... better plan on returning a wee bit earlier - just finished a romp up there and 6:50 was dark. Three weeks from now it'll be worse.

On the flip side - it's lighter earlier there and we were rolling by 8 every morning. Also, with the warm temps (90's in full gear - ugh) maybe the leaves will still be turning... everything was still green.

Yeah, I will be watching the time and if necessary, the routes can be shortened on the fly without sacrificing the quality of the riding.

Our Grrl thinks of "rally" in the context of the bi-annual IBA version...

*shrug* that's the only kind of context I have ever heard "motorcycle" and "rally" together - a competitive event. Thus the request for clarification :)

I give up, going to bother people elsewhere.

Already committed to the Big Bend Chilli Cook off trip.

Trailering a Strom, :shame:

Scott was never questioning or doubting you. Was thinking of the Strom, and how embarrassed it would fell being seen on a trailer ;-)

Enjoy your trip.

Yeah yeah... I trailered the beemer too :-P I got nothing to prove about being able to ride everywhere ;-) Been there, done that :yawn:

Scott,

I did a four day trip to Tennessee in August and again two weeks ago; and tomorrow Pat and I are going to Highlands for a week. We're going to try that South Carolina route you gave me a couple of years ago; and some new stuff around Hot Springs (Hwy 63 and some roads off there).

Since Pat is on this trip, she might give me the Ok for your Arkansas rally. I'll start working on her after we get back.:box:

I've seen Snoopster's lame excuse:zen: ; and am anxiously awaiting to hear from Squeaky.:rofl:

I will talk to Randy, see if he can get away that weekend.
One question, will it be deer season in the area then?

I will talk to Randy, see if he can get away that weekend.
One question, will it be deer season in the area then?

Might be deer season, but the deer are real concerned about that. They are out all the time ;-) Besides, with all that yellow on you... hopefully no one will be shooting our direction :-P

Looks like you will have company

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274343

Thats a few miles south of your destination . On our way to central Arkansas last year we took the Talamena the weekend of the CMA rally there , it was a parking lot of cruisers taking the curves at 20 mph . Kinda took the fun out of it .
SEYA

Last edited:
:tab Dave, that is no where near where we will be... ;-) We are going to be up in North Central Arkanas in Mountain Home and won't be hitting ANY of the same roads as those folks. As for good street bike riding routes in the area around Hatfield, I don't think any of the roads in that area compare to those in Southern Missouri and North Central Arkansas :trust:

I may end up making this with Albie and skipping the fall colors DS ride the weekend before.

Cool! I think the last time I saw you was the previous trip you did up there with me a few years ago! Where does the time go...? :doh:

Relatively new to TWT, and Haven't been on vacation since I moved from Florida to Texas, so I am seriously considering. Going to hit up the boss for the day's off and I am thinking a Wednesday afternoon drive up from The Woodlands for a nice long weekend.

Noah

Back