• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Autumn Rally, Mountain Home, Ar., Nov 1-4th, 2007

Noah,

Unless you just want to get there a day early, you are welcome to trailer up with me on Thursday. I'll be leaving from Huntsville 7:00am. If you come up Wednesday evening, we can load the bikes, then just get up and go in the morning.

If you want to ride up, I can recommend some fun roads. It will likely take you the better part of 12 hours to get there if you hit the fun roads on the way.

You guys need to be careful up there on 341, Push Mountain Road. I was up there a few weeks ago and it has A LOT of very recently applied chip seal on it. There has been enough of it put down that it takes the fun out of it on that road IMHO. The scenery is still great and it is still a nice ride but you just cant wick it up a bit as in the past, at least I couldnt anyway. And to top it all off I probably encountered about 12 cars including one local sheriff while on 341. I was shocked. Not that I have been in Arkansas an excessive amount of times but after the times I have been up there and getting used to pretty much not seeing hardly any one at all it was a little startling to encounter that much traffic on that one stretch of road and it was equally dissapointing to not be able to ride it like I wanted to because of the all the chip seal.

Being careful on 341 is always good advice.... however being there myself just 10 days ago found the road to be in great shape. With that said, there's a guy now doing photo work (ala KillBoy @ Deal's Gap) and his pics and website are generating a lot more attention to that road. No doubt as that little slice of twisty heaven gets more popular so will the LEO presence.

Being careful on 341 is always good advice.... however being there myself just 10 days ago found the road to be in great shape. With that said, there's a guy now doing photo work (ala KillBoy @ Deal's Gap) and his pics and website are generating a lot more attention to that road. No doubt as that little slice of twisty heaven gets more popular so will the LEO presence.

NNNOOOOOOooooo!!!! :doh:

I do not want Arkansas to get more popular :lol2: Everyone needs to stay focused on Deal's Gap! :-P

Thanks for the heads up about the chipseal. That is always an issue in Arkansas and Missouri. The don't always post warnings for it and they seem to have a knack for putting it in bad places :roll: As for the traffic, October is the busiest month for that area for fall foliage tourists and campers. Hopefully, going in Early November will help with that as it has in the past. Most of the resorts and such close at the end of October.

Wow, I would love to come out for this. TM is right, if Mike, and Buzz make it, that's about a quarter of the same people we had a few years back. Unfortunately ,and I really mean this, I would much rather be riding my freshly put back together bike in AR with you, than coming back to Italy (yes I'm in Italy right now) for my third trip in six weeks. Oh well, stay safe and I hope you all enjoy your time up there.

Cool! I think the last time I saw you was the previous trip you did up there with me a few years ago! Where does the time go...? :doh:

Yup, he and I both were on that ride. :mrgreen: I got stuck with having to work the w/e of the Ozark FCT so I'm more then likely gonna make this ride. :rider:

I'm in. Reservations made, and I'll bring the completed forms and $30 cash with me to Mountain Home.

If there is interest, I will be trailering and you are welcome to ride up and back with me. I'd be leaving Huntsville Thursday morning at 7:00am though. What I have done in the past is have folks crash here Wed night. We load the bikes, grab dinner, then get up and roll in the morning. We are usually back in Huntsville by 5:00pm-7:00pm Sunday.

Noah,

Unless you just want to get there a day early, you are welcome to trailer up with me on Thursday. I'll be leaving from Huntsville 7:00am. If you come up Wednesday evening, we can load the bikes, then just get up and go in the morning.

If you want to ride up, I can recommend some fun roads. It will likely take you the better part of 12 hours to get there if you hit the fun roads on the way.

I got November 1st and 2nd off and am 100% committed. I will get the hotel tomorrow night and PAYPAL the $30 fee. Is the trailer spot still available? If so, can I ride up the 1200GS this weekend for a dry-run meet & greet as I would rather not figure it all out on Wednesday night. If not, I would like to chat about roads anyway.

I'll send you a PM.

Noah

Last edited:
List updated.

Got the PM, I'll give you a call.

For you "Maybe's" and those of you who are riding the fence on this this ride, get it in gear and make definite plans to make this ride with Scott.

I got in a little after 9 last night from riding four days up there and the leaves are just starting to change. I was told buy a local in Jasper that the color is about two weeks late this year. You guys should hit it just about right.

Bottom line here is, Guys don't dilly-dally on this ride - just do it!

Ya'll have fun!
:sun:

Almost time to ride..!
The battery on the Connie died, and a new one is scheduled for delivery on Monday. I'm keeping finger's crossed that it gets here on time. AND hoping that's all that's wrong with the bike.

So if the Connie is a no go, can you take the FZ6?

Roger came up, dropped off his bike so we can load it Wed night, and then he and his son helped me move a few thousand pounds of sacrete off the trailer :eek2:

Ndmiller is coming up Wed evening to get the bikes loaded. Roger is coming back up Thurs morning and then we hit the road at 7:00am. We should be in Mountain Home by 5:00pm-ish.

Got my heated vest wired up on the Weestrom :mrgreen: Still need to get the GPS wired in though. I'll send out the routes to those that want them (GPX format).

I assume everyone has a range of at least 150 miles per tank?

Also, is anyone opposed to a few miles (3-4) of hard packed gravel if it is dry? I'd like to take the group to a neat waterfall, but it is a few miles off the main road on a maintained forest road. We can always check the road when we get there and decide then if needed. It does not affect the overall route.

*IF* I end up making it... I dont know if I can make 150 miles on a tank riding up there.

*IF* I end up making it... I dont know if I can make 150 miles on a tank riding up there.

Well, I think the longest leg would be around 125 miles. If you bring a rubber hose, you can suck a little gas out of my tank :-P I can go about 250 on a tank.

Back