• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Two Wheeled Texans Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Who: I will be heading up this rally. Post in this thread or PM me if you have questions or comments.

What: This is basically some riding enthusiasts getting together to ride some beautiful roads for a couple of days. What it isn't is timed stages, organized competitive events, or anything like that type of rally. The only organized activities will be the accommodations, the actual routes we ride each day, and one group meal together (assuming I can get a space large enough at the restaurant).

When: October 12-15, 2017
Oct 12: Arrival/Check in :)
Oct 13: Ride!
Oct 14: Ride more!
Oct 15: Go home :(

Where: Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Lodging: Swiss Village Inn
183 E Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632
http://www.swissvillageinn.com/
(479) 253-9541 -direct line, talk to Larry if he's available.

A block of 10 rooms (all double queen, no smoking) is reserved at the hotel. Room rates are $59/night. You must call the hotel and book the room yourself. The rooms must be booked by Thursday, September 28 or they will be released to the general public. Make sure you tell them you are with the Two Wheeled Texans to get the group rate described above. Feel free to split rooms.

If you search for the hotel through Google, you might end up with some central booking service that I found to be somewhat lacking in communication skills. I would call the manager, Larry, directly at 479-253-9541 during regular business hours.

If the initial block of rooms fills up, I will attempt to get additional rooms. If no additional rooms are available, you are still welcome to attend but you will need to find your own accommodations. That being said, the starting point for the ride each day will be the Swiss Village Inn parking lot. You will need to get there in time for departure.

POST IN THIS THREAD OR PM ME WHEN YOU BOOK ONE OF THE BLOCK ROOMS SO I CAN KEEP COUNT.

Travel/Transport: There will be some who want to ride up, and some who want to trailer up. If you’re looking for folks to ride there and/or back with, post up and and start picking teams. If you have a truck/trailer with space available, or if you’re looking for trailer space, post in this thread and we’ll start a trailer queen list.

Camping: For those interested in camping, there are several campgrounds available in the ES area. There won’t be a block of sites held for us, so make your reservation early to ensure you find a space.

Routes: TBA. There are hundreds of glorious, twisty roads in NW AR and SO MO. We’ll ride some of the best of them. If there’s enough interest, we can get dirty as well. When the routes are finalized I will post Furkot links and GPS files in the most common formats here.

Rides: The rides will consist of 250 - 300 miles a day through beautiful country on some great back roads in Arkansas and Missouri. If enough riders show up, we’ll split into smaller groups. Groups will be split up by pace, from stop-and-smell-the-roses to spirited, and then a dirt/off-pavement group if there’s enough interest. There is NO REASON for anybody to feel intimidated or worry about either falling behind or holding anybody up. As with any TWT ride, ride your own ride, at your own pace. Ride leaders will wait at intersections or change of plans to make sure the group stays together.

Pre-ride meetings will begin at 8:30am, rides will start at 9:00am. Please be in the Swiss Village Inn parking lot, gassed up and ready to depart, at 8:30am.

Rules: This is a TWT sponsored event. This means that we will conduct ourselves, and wear gear in accordance with The TWT Rules of the Road. If you have questions about the interpretation or implementation of the rules, ask before rather than after.

Again, if there’s enough of us I’ll split the riders into groups of 10ish. I find that groups larger than that can get awkward or even unmanageable on the road, plus it makes lunch and gas stops much more manageable.

T-shirts:

T-shirt order cancelled. PLEASE bring your own shirts. ;)

Roll Call

IN
pacman+1 (street-Concours 14)
Mr2mch (street-S10)
jcvccase (street-KLR)
texxter (street-Tiger)
yeliabp (street)
DaJudge (FJR street)
The Sarge (Street)
RossWorley (S10 street)
El_Chamiso (S10 street or dirt)
Devientartist (GSA) + Dad (Wing)
MacDaddy (S10)
Tangor (FJR1300 )
Ron (FJR1300)
Muergano (BMW RS 1200)
Charlie (K1600 GTL-E)
julimike54+1 (street)
exphiveoh+1 (dirt)
LYNYRD (DL1000)
SpiritAtBay (WeeStrom)
JT (XRR)

MAYBE
Jampad (dirt-KLR)
wildernessrider (dirt-Africa Twin)(no room needed)
El Fenix (street-Sprint ST)
charrito (Tiger/TTR street or dirt)

WITH US IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS
echo_four_romeo

Rooms still available (AFAIK)
3 - see below for details.

HOTEL UPDATE
I just added 5 rooms to the TWTex block, for a total of 15 rooms. The initial 10 rooms are fully booked. These are all the rooms Larry has left. 4 are two queen beds, non-smoking, 1 is a two queen smoking. He will hold these rooms for us until September 13. If you're even remotely considering attending, I would book your room right away. Per Larry, you can cancel up to 48 hours before check-in with no penalty.

One other reminder, many of these rooms have 2 beds, and there are probably some guys who wouldn't mind sharing a room.

Meals:

There will be one planned group meal:

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
325 West Van Buren, ES, AR
https://goo.gl/maps/7br7eXXZ1Qt
Saturday, 7:00pm - reservation confirmed.

Group Dinner Roll Call:
Pacman +1
texxter
El_Chamiso
Devientartist +1
MacDaddy
LYNYRD
SpiritAtBay
JT
Mr2mch
julimike54 +1
Rsquared
Sarge
DaJudge
Tangor
Ron
Muergano
Charlie

Roast Duck Roll Call: (If you want the duck, they need a headcount to have enough on-hand. Click here for menu.)
pacman
texxter
El_Chamiso

We’ve had great experiences here in the past. Priced at about $16 a plate but it’s great food with large portions. Mrs Pacman will be driving our Expedition on this trip, so we’ll have that and hopefully a couple other tow rigs to carpool to the restaurant. That gives most of us the opportunity to imbibe in some fine German wine or beer. Or both.

There are no plans for group breakfasts. The hotel website says they serve breakfast through the end of October, so that should be one option. If you want to eat breakfast before the ride, please plan ahead to be back in the parking lot for the pre-ride meeting. Lunch will be on the road wherever we find it. There are several well-known chow stops to choose from, but right now I’ll leave that decision up to each group leader. Dinners will be on your own back in Eureka Springs with the exception of Saturday night.

Last edited:
Trailer Queen Roll Call
To make arrangements please work with each other directly. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for trailer openings or needs to herd people together as needed.

Edit: I do need everyone to handle their own trailer arrangements, but please post publicly in this thread so other interested parties can find out what's available.

Has Space:
Rexter, coming out of College Station, has room for 2 or 3 bikes. He'll be traveling up on 10/10 and back on 10/15. Contact him directly via PM through TWT for more details and to make meetup arrangements.

Needs Space:
El Fenix (DFW area)

Possibly has space:
pacman (Thinking about possibly trailering on this go-round. I want to make sure there's at least one trailer available for recovery if needed <furiously knocks on wood>)

Last edited:
Following! Sounds like a trip I would love to take. After doing the the Great Divide Ride in June, I will be ready for another adventure in October...

Following! Sounds like a trip I would love to take. After doing the the Great Divide Ride in June, I will be ready for another adventure in October...
Hope you can make it!

Last edited:
I may join in on the fun if there is a group who wants to have a romp in the dirt. Should be a perfect time for riding in the Ozarks, and Eureka Springs is such a cool little town to hang around.

If I do show, i won't be taking a hotel room. Will ride over from the Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch that morning.

If I can make it, dual sporting is what I would be up for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is shaping up to be a very dirty group.

Can I borrow a dualsport? :wary:

Please check the original post occasionally. I'll put edits/additions at the bottom of that post.

Somewhere near Eureka Springs, Spring 2007.

S4mGsNn3T2Q5EJGkZtKrLo2sXrnZJOdAm-BR-gEUeILp3VamUzFNNK_lBvW68AlaYBpbd6zllY8vUOByZIQ=w946-h630-no.jpg

Nice action shot pacman... You could be in a magazine!

Nice action shot pacman... You could be in a magazine!

Aw shucks, thanks. ;) Yup, that's me on the sexy old ZRX I used to have. Loved that bike and hope to have another one someday.

That ride was the TWTex Eureka Springs Spring Fling in 2007. It was an, er, eventful trip. Read the planning thread here.

We really did have a great time on that trip, but there was one little bump in the road. Read about that here.

I mention this not to dredge up bad memories or scare people off, but just for information for folks who have never ridden technically challenging roads, haven't been on group rides, or both. The man who went down, DFW_Warrior, is an experienced and skilled rider. This was a stark reminder to us all that the road can reach up and bite you, no matter what your skill or experience level. Plan for worst, hope for the best. I plan to have at least one designated recovery vehicle available for immediate use waiting back at the hotel.

All that being said, I do plan on riding that section of 123 again because is a beautiful stretch of twisties. Bill, if you're reading this, I haven't seen you in a few years, but we should totally reconnect for this trip and ride 123 together. I'll lead this time...:deal:

Last edited:
Still a work in progress, but here's a peak at what will probably be day 2. This is right at 260 miles.

ZnJpjQhuSu9n9-V06FF2lAhJXzvHTdZf6gSyhg_Xv84X9ZmwHnN2Ys-RQmIbv6GwzZVTTFlfcng8oZ_XtMU=w515-h518-no.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back