• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsquared

Un-Supervised Slacker
Forum Supporter
I'm out. There is a memorial service for a co-worker scheduled during this time that I need to attend.

I’ve decided to trailer all the way instead of part way. Thanks.
I was going to make some kind of joke about the drive up there being so much like West Texas that I don't blame you for trailering :giveup: but then I realized that I have a designated driver with a car for a roommate. Forget about worrying about what time the shuttle bus quits running. Happy birthday to me! :lol2:

Seriously, Its getting close and I'm ready to by there yesterday.

Anybody else arriving Wednesday night?

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter
Our stroms will be riding in on a trailer as well. How many trailers does that make so far?

Parking at the hotel still no prob, ya think?

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Ms Pacman will be driving her Expedition and towing the officially-unofficial-we're-not-calling-it-a-recovery-trailer-trailer-knock-on-wood.

I'll be riding. :rider:

I was going to make some kind of joke about the drive up there being so much like West Texas that I don't blame you for trailering :giveup: but then I realized that I have a designated driver with a car for a roommate. Forget about worrying about what time the shuttle bus quits running. Happy birthday to me! :lol2:

Seriously, Its getting close and I'm ready to by there yesterday.

Anybody else arriving Wednesday night?
"We know Steve". Yes I'll be the designated driver, but, you must wear that new helmet when I drive because I can be a wild man behind the wheel and cops are few in Eureka Springs. I might even put on some disco music for you...:eek2::lol2:

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
The ten day forecast on Wunderground is looking very nice!
!huh...... Ten day forecast

Wish I could leave earlier Wednesday..... But at least I hava cheap ($45) room in Broken Bow for Wed nite.... Should make it up to West Plains MO or further Thurs nite.. Then be at Eureka Fri nite.
Sent from my A450TL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
!huh...... Ten day forecast

Wish I could leave earlier Wednesday..... But at least I hava cheap ($45) room in Broken Bow for Wed nite.... Should make it up to West Plains MO or further Thurs nite.. Then be at Eureka Fri nite.
W.Plains!? Where are you going? Better consult your Butler maps:duck:

It may be a bit soon to check in with the weatherman, but I couldn't resist.

The good news is they're currently saying sunshine for both of our riding days. :sun: The not-so-good news is that it'll top out at 85*F. Looks like a time for the ventilated 2-piece instead of the Stitch.

pacman

Forum Supporter
Darn I was hoping for some cool riding weather. Oh well, at least we'll have sun.

A heads up: I'm taking all of my cooking stuff in the trailer. Not sure what I'll do Tuesday or Wednesday nights but Thursday will be smoked pork tenderloin with a couple of sides. Friday will be boiled shrimp, sausage, corn, and taters. If anyone wants in for any night, I need to know as soon as you can. I'll have everything but drinks.

$14 a person and you won't leave hungry.

We are staying at the Swiss Holiday at 62 & 23 right around the corner from this group.

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter
A heads up: I'm taking all of my cooking stuff in the trailer. Not sure what I'll do Tuesday or Wednesday nights but Thursday will be smoked pork tenderloin with a couple of sides. Friday will be boiled shrimp, sausage, corn, and taters. If anyone wants in for any night, I need to know as soon as you can. I'll have everything but drinks.

We are staying at the Swiss Holiday at 62 & 23 right around the corner from this group.
JT and I are IN for the shrimp boil. Sounds great, thanks.

Please put MacDaddy and me down for Thursday night. Thanks, looking forward to it.

pacman

Forum Supporter
texxter said:
Wayne, I will be riding from Plano and would be interested in keeping you company. We could meet in or around Greenville if we can decide a on meeting time and place. For example, Brookshire's on 6410 Wesley St, Greenville, TX 75402. I can be waiting for you there.

Regarding groups, I am also for smaller groups - definitely no more than 10, and smaller would be preferable. I am not a Group 1 rider, but I don't like to stop too often, so I guess I probably belong in Group 2.

Thanks again for organizing everything!
Pacman, I'd like to join the group at The Brookshire's in Greenville at 8AM if you and Texxter don't object. I'd call myself a Group 2 rider.

Texxter, I'm at Frankford and the Tollway, so maybe you'll see me along the way to Greenville. I'll be on a black Super Tenere with a white helmet and a jacket with high-viz orange.

El_Chamiso / Bob Moore
Guys, slight change of plans for me. I'm going to trailer up to Talihina, have lunch at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge, then ride the rest of the way into ES from there. I've decided to skip the slog through the Metromess and flatlands of North Texas. Since Ms Pacman is driving with the trailer, may as well take advantage of it for that part of the trip.

I'm still planning to eat lunch at Queen Hilhelmina Lodge. I plan to unload in Talihina, ride the Skyway, grab lunch, then roll out for ES. Should be rolling into the Lodge between 12:30 and 1:00 if anyone wants to meet for lunch.

Hi Wayne - sounds like a good plan to me. I may see you on the road. If I find myself a the Lodge between 12:30 and 1:00 pm I will stop by to have lunch or at least say hello. Have a safe trip!

Guys, slight change of plans for me. I'm going to trailer up to Talihina, have lunch at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge, then ride the rest of the way into ES from there. I've decided to skip the slog through the Metromess and flatlands of North Texas. Since Ms Pacman is driving with the trailer, may as well take advantage of it for that part of the trip.

I'm still planning to eat lunch at Queen Hilhelmina Lodge. I plan to unload in Talihina, ride the Skyway, grab lunch, then roll out for ES. Should be rolling into the Lodge between 12:30 and 1:00 if anyone wants to meet for lunch.

Well sorry y'all, we're having to bail, dad's not doing well. I've canceled the room at the hotel, don't think there's anything else left outstanding. Hope y'all have a great time. We're packing up and going to leave Yellville :(

Well sorry y'all, we're having to bail, dad's not doing well. I've canceled the room at the hotel, don't think there's anything else left outstanding. Hope y'all have a great time. We're packing up and going to leave Yellville :(

Sorry to hear this guys. I was looking forward to seeing y’all. Will be praying for dad.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
:tab I am sitting here in my office with all the doors and windows open because it is SO FREAKING NICE outside right now. It is killing me not to be able to go on this ride! I hope you folks enjoy it. I look forward to the pics and reports. It's better than nothing since I can't go... :tears:

:tab Have fun, be safe, take LOTS of pics.

Yes it was a cold morning. Became overcast around Talihena where I had breakfast at the Hateful Hussy. The sun came out as soon as I crossed over I-40 which is also where the roads become awesome. 103 to 215 over to the Pig Trail and 23 all the way to E. S. Really fun!

JMZ

Forum Supporter
Silverbullet and I just got back from Arkansas and Missuori this afternoon. We both had a little over 2000 miles. I wish I could have stayed up there and ride with some of y'all. I had a flat and a bent rim pretty much right off the bat . Had to go to a Walmart and slime the tire plus we had to keep putting air in it anout every hour and a half. Still had a great time though.

All who wanna chow tomorow, shoot me a text (979-229-4392) so I know how much grub to get. Dinner at 6:30 at the Swiss Holiday (Econolodge) just around the corner from Swiss Village. We are in room 117, but I'll be cookin in the parking lot starting around 5. Come early and visit.

I've got bud, lynyrd, macdaddy so far.

pacman

Forum Supporter
Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he recovers quickly, and hope to catch you on the next ride.

pacman

Forum Supporter
Hi Wayne - sounds like a good plan to me. I may see you on the road. If I find myself a the Lodge between 12:30 and 1:00 pm I will stop by to have lunch or at least say hello. Have a safe trip!
Sounds good. Hope to see you there!

pacman

Forum Supporter
:tab I am sitting here in my office with all the doors and windows open because it is SO FREAKING NICE outside right now. It is killing me not to be able to go on this ride! I hope you folks enjoy it. I look forward to the pics and reports. It's better than nothing since I can't go... :tears:

:tab Have fun, be safe, take LOTS of pics.
I plan to shoot a ton, and will definitely post as many as possible. Hopefully we can do this again soon and we'll all ride together!

pacman

Forum Supporter
Love seeing all the "pre-ride" ride reports. Makes me chomp at the bit even more!! :rider:

This morning was foggy and cold, but we left at 08:30 and just finished the day at 250 miles. Sun is shining and it's 58*.
First important stop...

LUNCHTIME
Then fuel stop for the bike in Athens
Yes it was a cold morning. Became overcast around Talihena where I had breakfast at the Hateful Hussy. The sun came out as soon as I crossed over I-40 which is also where the roads become awesome. 103 to 215 over to the Pig Trail and 23 all the way to E. S. Really fun!
JMZ, sorry to hear about your wheel, but it looks like you got your money's worth out of that tire!

Silverbullet and I just got back from Arkansas and Missuori this afternoon. We both had a little over 2000 miles. I wish I could have stayed up there and ride with some of y'all. I had a flat and a bent rim pretty much right off the bat . Had to go to a Walmart and slime the tire plus we had to keep putting air in it anout every hour and a half. Still had a great time though.

pacman

Forum Supporter
All who wanna chow tomorow, shoot me a text (979-229-4392) so I know how much grub to get. Dinner at 6:30 at the Swiss Holiday (Econolodge) just around the corner from Swiss Village. We are in room 117, but I'll be cookin in the parking lot starting around 5. Come early and visit.

I've got bud, lynyrd, macdaddy so far.
Rexter, I'm not planning to chow with you guys (the missus made dinner plans for us), but I will stop by and visit. I haven't seen any of the ZRX crowd in a long time, and somehow have missed Bud at least 2 times and we never ended up meeting. Hope to see you all there.

pacman

Forum Supporter
When I got this bike a few months ago, I told my my family and friends that if they ever see it on a trailer call the cops, cuz it's been stolen.

Never say never.......:rofl:

Wayne, what's really ironic is that I stopped in Little Rock on Monday evening to deliver the remains of your ZRX to the guy that bought it from me. I bought it from Tim and parted it.

pacman

Forum Supporter
Wow I never knew you had it. Crazy small world. Wasn't it in houstonland for a few years?

Head on over tomorrow evening. We are gonna leave out around 08:30 heading up thru Blue Eye, then down 14 to Push Mountain, then back here and strap on a feed bag at 18:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.