• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are you guys planning to arrive and what's your general route. I may have to meet up with you at some point. ES is just 2 hours away from me.

Hey Ed!
Haven't nailed down the route out of Broken Bow, but it will likely be the scenic one. Can keep you posted as the trip will start glowing brighter on my screen next week :-)

Hope we get to see you!

Alright folks, we're less than 2 weeks out! Is everyone ready??

Just a few quick housekeeping things:
1) It looks like we'll have 20-30 bikes on this ride. As I mentioned in the OP, I'd like to split up into groups of about 10 bikes. I'm planning to do this based on desired pace, if possible. If that doesn't work out, we'll just split up randomly and roll with it.
Assuming we have enough for 3 groups (or even if we don't we can still make smaller groups), this is what I'm kinda thinking:

Group 1. The Hunter S. Thompson Memorial Group - "Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death".

Group 2. The Pace Group - Entertained....and alive.

Group 3. The Smell the Roses Group - ...or the daises, or the tulips or the worlds' largest ball of twine. All things lovely or interesting are potential Kodak moments.

I will be either leading or riding in Group 2.

I'll also need a couple of brave souls to step forward and lead the other 2 groups. It's not complicated or difficult: Navigate, wait at turns, occasional head counts, etc. Most importantly: make sure nobody gets left behind.

For navigation purposes, I have gps files available for all to use, but don't feel like you're married to these routes. If your group wants to alter the route, feel free, just make sure everyone in the group is in the know.

2) Regarding the gps files, they're pretty good, but they aren't flawless. Exporting the routes from Furkot into the various formats doesn't work perfectly, so there are some minor glitches here and there. For the most part just using a little common sense will get you through the issues.

3) If you haven't RSVP'd to me for dinner Saturday night, please do so ASAP. I need to know if you're attending, and if you're having the duck.

4) Does anyone want to ride with me from DFW to AR? I have a non-highway route planned, but am not opposed to some interstate to make time. My route will also include the Talimena Skyway and a stop at Queen Wilhelmina Lodge for lunch. Ms Pacman will be following as well, with the recovery trailer I'll have stationed in ES for emergencies/breakdowns. If I have no takers for the ride up there, my C14 might end up strapped to that trailer. I'll be leaving Burleson early and can meet you along the way.

5) What am I forgetting?

I want to keep my group very small so Lynrd and I will be riding together. Happy to take one or two more but that's about it for us. Larger groups have their own appeal, but we find smaller groups more maneuverable through weekend traffic and less prone to one problem stopping or slowing the whole group.

That said, I expect our pace to be somewhere between group 1 & 2's speed with occasional smelling of the roses.

I haven't downloaded the routes yet onto my Garmin but I expect to take Pacman's routes, so hopefully we will still be a little ahead or behind the larger groups and maybe meet for lunch as well.

I'll be hedded ta Eureka Spgs from Up in MO on Fri so mabe I'll stumble across 1 or more groups along the way.... As for Saturday ridin... Id like ta have a smaller group of about 4-6 total... Same reasons as Mac
Sunday ride is still in flux rite now.... Depends on whoz stayin Sunday nite besides Mac & me
We're ridin home on Monday

Sent from my A450TL using Tapatalk

Same reasons as Mac
Sunday ride is still in flux rite now.... Depends on whoz stayin Sunday nite besides Mac & me

You keep calling me Mac and I going to start calling you Cheese. Won't we be quite a pair riding together. :lol2: I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

I just spent the last 2 days riding all over NW Arkansas. Perfect weather, about 75. Some leaves are just starting to turn so I think you guys will get to see some decent color. I never get tired of these roads up here. Been 3 times in the last 12 months. Have fun, be safe and hope you get awesome weather!

4) Does anyone want to ride with me from DFW to AR? I have a non-highway route planned, but am not opposed to some interstate to make time. My route will also include the Talimena Skyway and a stop at Queen Wilhelmina Lodge for lunch. Ms Pacman will be following as well, with the recovery trailer I'll have stationed in ES for emergencies/breakdowns. If I have no takers for the ride up there, my C14 might end up strapped to that trailer. I'll be leaving Burleson early and can meet you along the way.

Wayne, I will be riding from Plano and would be interested in keeping you company. We could meet in or around Greenville if we can decide a on meeting time and place. For example, Brookshire's on 6410 Wesley St, Greenville, TX 75402. I can be waiting for you there.

Regarding groups, I am also for smaller groups - definitely no more than 10, and smaller would be preferable. I am not a Group 1 rider, but I don't like to stop too often, so I guess I probably belong in Group 2.

Thanks again for organizing everything!

Hey Pacman, just wanted you to know that I just downloaded your GPS files to Garmin Base Camp and then onto my Garmin Montana without any problems.

Wayne, I will be riding from Plano and would be interested in keeping you company. We could meet in or around Greenville if we can decide a on meeting time and place. For example, Brookshire's on 6410 Wesley St, Greenville, TX 75402. I can be waiting for you there.

Regarding groups, I am also for smaller groups - definitely no more than 10, and smaller would be preferable. I am not a Group 1 rider, but I don't like to stop too often, so I guess I probably belong in Group 2.

Meeting in Greenville sounds perfect. I'll plan on leaving Burleson at 6am, which should put me at that Brookshires around 8ish, depending on traffic and how much slab I ride. How does that sound?

Sounds like most people want smaller groups, so we'll move forward with that in mind.

Hey Pacman, just wanted you to know that I just downloaded your GPS files to Garmin Base Camp and then onto my Garmin Montana without any problems.

Great news, thanks for the report!

Texxter reminded me about something I had completely forgotten about, but is vitally important. I need everyone's contact information and an emergency contact. I'll compile this info into an emergency contact list and distribute a copy to everyone in the group once we get to ES.

Please PM me the following info:
First and last name
Cell phone #
Emergency contact name
Emergency contact phone (cell and/or home)
Probably would be a good idea to include the make and model of the bike you'll be riding if you've made that decision.

Meeting in Greenville sounds perfect. I'll plan on leaving Burleson at 6am, which should put me at that Brookshires around 8ish, depending on traffic and how much slab I ride. How does that sound?

Sounds like most people want smaller groups, so we'll move forward with that in mind.

Sounds great! I will be at the Brookshire gas station at 8am. I guess this can be a gathering point for others coming from the DFW area wanting to join the ride the Eureka Springs. BTW, your route is fine... my estimate is that we should get there by 6pm or so. Does that sound right to you?

Sounds great! I will be at the Brookshire gas station at 8am. I guess this can be a gathering point for others coming from the DFW area wanting to join the ride the Eureka Springs. BTW, your route is fine... my estimate is that we should get there by 6pm or so. Does that sound right to you?

That sounds about right, depending on how much we dilly-dally.

Pacman, I'd like to join the group at The Brookshire's in Greenville at 8AM if you and Texxter don't object. I'd call myself a Group 2 rider.

Texxter, I'm at Frankford and the Tollway, so maybe you'll see me along the way to Greenville. I'll be on a black Super Tenere with a white helmet and a jacket with high-viz orange.

El_Chamiso / Bob Moore

I'll be leaving Wednesday morning. I loves me some Arkansas and Missouri and can't wait to get back up there. It's been a year and I am overdue! :zen:

Pacman, I'd like to join the group at The Brookshire's in Greenville at 8AM if you and Texxter don't object. I'd call myself a Group 2 rider.

Texxter, I'm at Frankford and the Tollway, so maybe you'll see me along the way to Greenville. I'll be on a black Super Tenere with a white helmet and a jacket with high-viz orange.

El_Chamiso / Bob Moore

No objections here. See you there!

I'll be leaving Wednesday morning. I loves me some Arkansas and Missouri and can't wait to get back up there. It's been a year and I am overdue! :zen:

“We know Steve.” And you ride them there roads very well, especially those tire eating roads in Missouri...

PM sent earlier today on the contact info. I think pacman tried to reply, but I had let my inbox get full. :doh:

For those of us pulling trailers, do y'all foresee any problems with having enough parking space for them at Swiss Village Inn?

Yup I got the reject message. Lol

They have plenty of space in their lot. We've had 2 or 3 trailers parked there in the past.

Yup I got the reject message. Lol

They have plenty of space in their lot. We've had 2 or 3 trailers parked there in the past.

I’ve decided to trailer all the way instead of part way. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back