• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out. There is a memorial service for a co-worker scheduled during this time that I need to attend.

I’ve decided to trailer all the way instead of part way. Thanks.

I was going to make some kind of joke about the drive up there being so much like West Texas that I don't blame you for trailering :giveup: but then I realized that I have a designated driver with a car for a roommate. Forget about worrying about what time the shuttle bus quits running. Happy birthday to me! :lol2:

Seriously, Its getting close and I'm ready to by there yesterday.

Anybody else arriving Wednesday night?

Our stroms will be riding in on a trailer as well. How many trailers does that make so far?

Parking at the hotel still no prob, ya think?

Ms Pacman will be driving her Expedition and towing the officially-unofficial-we're-not-calling-it-a-recovery-trailer-trailer-knock-on-wood.

I'll be riding. :rider:

I was going to make some kind of joke about the drive up there being so much like West Texas that I don't blame you for trailering :giveup: but then I realized that I have a designated driver with a car for a roommate. Forget about worrying about what time the shuttle bus quits running. Happy birthday to me! :lol2:

Seriously, Its getting close and I'm ready to by there yesterday.

Anybody else arriving Wednesday night?

"We know Steve". Yes I'll be the designated driver, but, you must wear that new helmet when I drive because I can be a wild man behind the wheel and cops are few in Eureka Springs. I might even put on some disco music for you...:eek2::lol2:

The ten day forecast on Wunderground is looking very nice!
!huh...... Ten day forecast

Wish I could leave earlier Wednesday..... But at least I hava cheap ($45) room in Broken Bow for Wed nite.... Should make it up to West Plains MO or further Thurs nite.. Then be at Eureka Fri nite.
Sent from my A450TL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
!huh...... Ten day forecast

Wish I could leave earlier Wednesday..... But at least I hava cheap ($45) room in Broken Bow for Wed nite.... Should make it up to West Plains MO or further Thurs nite.. Then be at Eureka Fri nite.

W.Plains!? Where are you going? Better consult your Butler maps:duck:

I did....thats why Im hedded to the high concentration of yellow in MO first.... Then its back over to Eureka for more AR colorful pavement

It may be a bit soon to check in with the weatherman, but I couldn't resist.

The good news is they're currently saying sunshine for both of our riding days. :sun: The not-so-good news is that it'll top out at 85*F. Looks like a time for the ventilated 2-piece instead of the Stitch.

Darn I was hoping for some cool riding weather. Oh well, at least we'll have sun.

A heads up: I'm taking all of my cooking stuff in the trailer. Not sure what I'll do Tuesday or Wednesday nights but Thursday will be smoked pork tenderloin with a couple of sides. Friday will be boiled shrimp, sausage, corn, and taters. If anyone wants in for any night, I need to know as soon as you can. I'll have everything but drinks.

$14 a person and you won't leave hungry.

We are staying at the Swiss Holiday at 62 & 23 right around the corner from this group.

A heads up: I'm taking all of my cooking stuff in the trailer. Not sure what I'll do Tuesday or Wednesday nights but Thursday will be smoked pork tenderloin with a couple of sides. Friday will be boiled shrimp, sausage, corn, and taters. If anyone wants in for any night, I need to know as soon as you can. I'll have everything but drinks.

We are staying at the Swiss Holiday at 62 & 23 right around the corner from this group.

JT and I are IN for the shrimp boil. Sounds great, thanks.

Please put MacDaddy and me down for Thursday night. Thanks, looking forward to it.

texxter said:
Wayne, I will be riding from Plano and would be interested in keeping you company. We could meet in or around Greenville if we can decide a on meeting time and place. For example, Brookshire's on 6410 Wesley St, Greenville, TX 75402. I can be waiting for you there.

Regarding groups, I am also for smaller groups - definitely no more than 10, and smaller would be preferable. I am not a Group 1 rider, but I don't like to stop too often, so I guess I probably belong in Group 2.

Thanks again for organizing everything!

Pacman, I'd like to join the group at The Brookshire's in Greenville at 8AM if you and Texxter don't object. I'd call myself a Group 2 rider.

Texxter, I'm at Frankford and the Tollway, so maybe you'll see me along the way to Greenville. I'll be on a black Super Tenere with a white helmet and a jacket with high-viz orange.

El_Chamiso / Bob Moore

Guys, slight change of plans for me. I'm going to trailer up to Talihina, have lunch at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge, then ride the rest of the way into ES from there. I've decided to skip the slog through the Metromess and flatlands of North Texas. Since Ms Pacman is driving with the trailer, may as well take advantage of it for that part of the trip.

I'm still planning to eat lunch at Queen Hilhelmina Lodge. I plan to unload in Talihina, ride the Skyway, grab lunch, then roll out for ES. Should be rolling into the Lodge between 12:30 and 1:00 if anyone wants to meet for lunch.

Count me in for Thursday Steve, as I should roll in sometime late afternoon. I have an appointment in OKC then heading that way

Which side of the sign? Last weekend it had 2 different welcomes, one on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back