• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head on over tomorrow evening. We are gonna leave out around 08:30 heading up thru Blue Eye, then down 14 to Push Mountain, then back here and strap on a feed bag at 18:30.

I guess you're taking 86 thru Blue Eye- fun road. Razorback Ribs in Yellville on 412 just west of 14 South is good. If you're looking for a place to impress the spouse in E.S. go to the Grotto. Not cheap but very nice. A nice detour thru Taneyville off 76 is AA (across from FF) to LONE STAR Rd to H. H is great like Scott said and up near Chadwick on H is an offroad riding trails state park. It's very rugged- wouldn't take a dual sport on those trails. Used to ride there a lot on the KTM that JMZ now owns. Also check out the view from Sonic in Forsyth as well as a unique dining choice. A Chinese/Mexican restaurant with such things as General Tso's burrito! Still not sure if I can make it to E.S. even though it's just 2 hrs away. Heres hoping.

Hey guys this is Donny Stuart. Wanted to invite you fellow TWTers to come visit the Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch while you are up this way. It is gratis on me, and all are welcome. We are located just 4 miles South of hwy 21, on Madison County rd 3260. Our pastured hilltops over look the Boxley Valley Churches, and adjoins the Buffalo National River Park. Please swing by for a chat, or take a ride around to look the place over. We can take the side X side out for a tour of the place. If I don't have anyone else out on the property when you come by, I will hop on my Africa Twin and join you all for some Ozark asphalt twisties riding. Newton County has just finished putting down a sweet new layer of asphalt on hwy 16. Butter smooth! Be sure to include it in your ride itenerary. For directions to my place, just Google Wilderness Rider Ranch.
Ride safe & have fun!

Mornin mountain break
28506568d13473906e22c7a2d8b3aa35.jpg

Sent from my A450TL using Tapatalk

I've looked foward to this ride since I signed up to meet and ride with you guys. But looks like mechanical issues have sent me back to the house. I've called Larry to release my room. Very disappointing. I know y'all will have a great time. Looking foward to the pictures.

jcvcase, are you anywhere near San Antonio? I have a Super Tenere (set up for street) or XT250 (set up for dual sport... or in my case, dual spurt) you could use.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! But I'm near Decatur. I am in process of trailering bike to Denton to different bike shop. I was going to stop by there on the way out this morning but was afraid to push it.

Bummer. I had to bail on this ride, but I was kinda hoping at least one of my bikes could still make it and tell me about it later. Good luck with the repairs.

New pavement on Hwy 16... :drool:

If you guys are in the area, you should drop by to visit Donny's place. It is REALLY nice! The dirt road getting there is fun as well.

Quick stop for lunch at Queen Wilhelmina -1.5 hours late- but the weather is gorgeous and the bike is running great! See you guys soon!
32f4508f2d458266bfc5e36b2d9799d8.jpg

Beautiful day for sure. I was the only bike on the ferry so we didn’t have to sail under a pirate flag.
c68b84232f3574b5270cfcb977a69ca3.jpg
23dd57e99f76fbc2b7093dcd9ec34c74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well....you kno all those cool twisties in AR.....
I jus couldnt pass em by while rolling towards West Plains MO.....
So Im hole up in Yellville for the nite at the Carlton Marion Motel ...$49...& nice
We stayed there over 10 yrs ago too.
Gonna scrap the Montauk State Park area ridin.....prob do some MO closeby & head toward ES.... Mabe meet up & ride w someone along the way
16ea8fe84c873577af9e28812743368d.jpg

BBQ Lunch in Paris....
Pulled pork tacos with mixed beans....
7d312ddc0583752bcadc4df610ba13d9.jpg

& a calzone for supper in Yellville
5822963ae468a99918daa7f59296a458.jpg

View out the back window of my motel room... Im gonna go sit outside ....
556eae55d5f4346d0bb571c140cf10e2.jpg

Kinda reminds me of Teresa n Bobs place.....

I was all set for a really good breakfast at the Front Porch Cafe tomorro mornin... But alas.... It is no more....closed a while ago I understand.... They had tasty vittles

Last edited:
Just got back from dinner, it's a gorgeous night if anyone wants to meet outside for a beer.

Last edited:
Justa quik note for yall....
If youre coming south from Peels Ferry.... You might wanna bypass Yellville downtown area
Theyre having an event called Turkey Trot which has streets closed down & bunches of vendors everywhere....
The highways will remain open though.
Im gettn outta town before it all gets cranked up in a couple of hrs
Lasts till Sat nite

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back