• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Gentleman could use your support.

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Smith
I really hope I'm not offending him by posting this, but tjrockit could use your thoughts as he is supporting his wife and little boy through a difficult recovery. tj is one of my Texas buddies I haven't spoken to in years, but who I feel like is one of my closest friends for hanging with me through my re-discovery of motorcyle riding 10 years ago. He is a private guy but he is also a rock and a dude of faith. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes on Christmas Eve wishing I could be there for him. I'm not a praying guy but I know many here are, and I know you will hold him in your prayers today.

Hug your family folks, and be glad (those of us) if you made it through 2016 unscathed.

Justin

May the Lord God, the One True God, be around TJ and his family, especially this Christmas season, when things can be a real mix of emotions. You know TJ's needs Lord. Please meet him in those needs, as well as his family.

I don't see any offense, more, a privilege to pray and see how big God is in it all. Funny, I was just looking at one of your glasses I got, wondering how you all were were doing up in WY.

Justin, I've lost track of him as I rode less and less in the dirt, but will pray for him now and add him to my list.

Thank you gentlemen, Tracker it's an honor to be on your shelf :). Have a great night and thanks again for thinking of Tom and his family.

Justin

I really hope I'm not offending him by posting this, but tjrockit could use your thoughts as he is supporting his wife and little boy through a difficult recovery. tj is one of my Texas buddies I haven't spoken to in years, but who I feel like is one of my closest friends for hanging with me through my re-discovery of motorcyle riding 10 years ago. He is a private guy but he is also a rock and a dude of faith. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes on Christmas Eve wishing I could be there for him. I'm not a praying guy but I know many here are, and I know you will hold him in your prayers today.

Hug your family folks, and be glad (those of us) if you made it through 2016 unscathed.

Justin

Hello,very good of you to be concerned for your friend,what kind of difficult recovery ?

Never shy away from asking people to pray for you or your friends because there is power in that.

Know also that your prayer is as strong as ours so join in with the prayers.

Merry Christmas !!

May your friend and family feel Gods helping hands.

Just found this and am humbled by the support and prayers. My wife went through major surgery and the post-op care was botched. I have been in and out of the hospital, doctor's offices and surgeon visits multiple times over the last 3 weeks. Among other things my wife has a blood clot that thankfully was caught. She is currently on blood thinners for the next 6 to 12 months until her body dissolves the clot. She will still be in the danger zone for another 5 to 7 weeks. I have been home for 3 weeks taking care of her as she was unable to get herself in and out of bed, feed herself, go to the bathroom alone, etc etc. It is an interesting place to watch your wife go critical with doctors talking about scenarios that could lead to death. She's only 44 and has always been in good health. One of the hardest things I've ever gone through but I trust God is sovereign and trust He has the outcome under control. We had elders from our church come over and pray for her/us. As my wife was explaining the situation and events she turned and looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "And Tom has never left my side". For me, that's what it is all about. For richer or poorer, in good times and bad, in sickness and in health. As much as we fight and get on each other's nerves, she is still the love of my life that I will stick with until death parts us or Jesus takes us.

My specific prayer requests:
1) The blood clot doesn't move and dissolves quickly. If it moves, it could go to her lung or brain and kill her.
2) Wisdom to discern what the next steps are and how to wade through the inconsistent medical information.
3) Comfort and understanding for my 5 year old son who struggles now and then as to why mommy has all of daddy's attention right now.
4) That I would forgive (not release from accountability) but forgive those who were negligent with her care so I don't pick up the burden of resentment.
5) Lastly, full and complete healing for Melanie so she can be the mother she desires to be.

Thanks gentlemen. I truly have enjoyed and appreciated being a part of the dual sport community. Some of the coolest guys I've spent time with. :thumb:

TJ & Melanie,
May the God of Peace fill you with His peace. It was, and is, a privilege to pray for you all. It's good to hear of your godly response and of the believers that are near in your life.

Last edited:
Tom, glad to pray for you and thank you for the specifics. I'm around if you need someone to talk to or some help also.

Tom, so sorry to here this. It's been a long time but we think of you often.

Our prayers will be for you and your family, and a full recovery.

Sam & Shirley

Appreciate all the prayer coverage. I am seeing God's hand in much of what is happening these days. Thank you!! :dude:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your lovely wife Melanie.

Psalm 41:3 The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.

Update: Melanie is getting a little better everyday. Mobility continues to improve which is a huge praise. Because of the blood thinner other healing is going slower than expected. She was in to see the hematologist today and her blood count was so low they told her she needs to stop driving and get off her feet as much as possible. She needs to be on her feet to help other healing and to improve mobility so trying to balance everything that we are supposed to be doing is challenging. I had to come home from work again today to help around the house. I have ongoing concerns about my performance at work. It's a hard to keep up with everything going on with both work and home. I keep trusting that God has got this but I do get weary.

Again, thanks for all the prayers. It's working and much appreciated. :thumb:

Update: Melanie is getting a little better everyday. Mobility continues to improve which is a huge praise. Because of the blood thinner other healing is going slower than expected. She was in to see the hematologist today and her blood count was so low they told her she needs to stop driving and get off her feet as much as possible. She needs to be on her feet to help other healing and to improve mobility so trying to balance everything that we are supposed to be doing is challenging. I had to come home from work again today to help around the house. I have ongoing concerns about my performance at work. It's a hard to keep up with everything going on with both work and home. I keep trusting that God has got this but I do get weary.

Again, thanks for all the prayers. It's working and much appreciated. :thumb:

Hang in there. She will recover, and after she's made a full recovery, you can look back and see it has made your relationship stronger. One day at a time ! ! !

Back