• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Spring Hill Country Rally, April 11-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a maybe too. I need to check the daughter's volleyball schedule to make sure there isn't a tournament. It's close to the TAR event, but I might be able to do both. Plus I've been trying to figure out a way out there that is hits some dirt roads. Maybe I'll have it figured out by then.

Shoot. Definitely out. Volleyball tournament in Houston that weekend. Looks like I'm headed in the wrong direction.

Update 1: I recently had reason to be reminded of a 1/2 idea I had with another TWT guitar weirdo. So, if you're inclined and capable (of carrying it, capable of playing is optional), bring the acoustical instrument of your choosing.:dude: :drums: :jammin:

This sounds like a blast and in my backyard too, but I'm getting married April 13 and don't think she would go for a camping honeymoon.

Hey Matt, scratch me off the list. I need to save all my trip dollars for MotoGP this September. Thanks for the opportunity.

Update 2: I have made reservations at Inks Lake State park. 5 water-only camping spots, giving us 10 (including me) tent spots, hopefully in loop 300-304. It's first come first served, so we'll see. We should all be in a group though, wherever we end up. I had to cover the initial reservation fee ($60), so that will be split up among those camping. That cost will be applied to the campground fee, neither I nor TWT will make money.

Soooo....

I'll need to know who is planning on camping at the park with the group (that is, occupying one of the reserved spots). I don't anticipate we'll need more spots than we have reserved, but just in case.... Post up or PM me your confirmation. If you already have trailer, Sunset Beach, or other arrangements made, don't worry 'bout it.

<edited to add: Trailers < 26' long, pop-ups, and camper shells are permitted in the loop, 1 per spot.>

Alsooooo...

There's a variably enforced 2 vehicle per spot rule. Last time we were up there we didn't have any problems with multiple bikes per spot, but that doesn't mean we won't this time. What I'm trying to get at is, if you plan to truck or trailer your bike up (I probably will), you may have to park your cage in the large lot at the park entrance. As we approach trip time, I'd like to have an idea who is trucking/trailering up, so we'll know what the recovery vehicle situation is. It's also helpful for those riding up who may want to stash a bag in a cage for delivery.

Penultimately.....

While it's early to start worrying about it, don't forget your:
Cards
Frisbees
Footballs
Fishing poles
Swimming garb(?):moon:
Acoustical instrument:dude:

Lastly.....

Thanks all for patience and participation!!

Last edited:
Looks like a hella nice campground, watch the video.
I guess Enchanted Rock is nearby, if anyone hasn't seen it

BTW: Whats TAR?

Cool Rally!

rackcard_locmap_600x386.gif

This sounds like a great event, but I never know if I can make these things until a few days prior.

If I attend, you all will complain that the photo of me on the left is 10 years old.

I put April 11 on my Google calendar.

Cool Rally!

If I attend, you all will complain that the photo of me on the left is 10 years old.

I put April 11 on my Google calendar.

Love to have you, John! One more person to check on my "TWT's to meet" list! What's the free mudbug situation this year?

I believe the current participant list is correct, everybody post up your intentions! Only six weeks away! Given my current bikological condition, and a certain British company's parts delivery program, I better start ordering NOW.

I believe the current participant list is correct, everybody post up your intentions! Only six weeks away! Given my current bikological condition, and a certain British company's parts delivery program, I better start ordering NOW.

Matt, didn't you have similar issues almost a year ago to this date?

Matt, didn't you have similar issues almost a year ago to this date?

That has not escaped my notice. hence...

txmedic said:
Let's go shopping. :trust:

That solution, while very popular in the minds of the bike-lustful and bike attention deficit disordered, resulted in a very short conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back