• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Spring Hill Country Rally, April 11-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to teach you the forgiveness vs. permission method. :trust:

Dude you could get rich if you patented your variation of that method and taught classes.

Surely Rhonda wonders every time you leave if you're going to come home on the same bike you left on that morning?

Dude you could get rich if you patented your variation of that method and taught classes.

Surely Rhonda wonders every time you leave if you're going to come home on the same bike you left on that morning?

Last time I took a day off for no good reason she asked what I was up to. She said she was afraid to come home and look in the garage. :rider:

How are campsites determined? Are they assigned or is it first come/first served? If we come, we'll be towing a 30 ft RV...

So TxMedic.......

What did happen to the ST1300?

I must have missed that thread...or threads?

BTW - I might make this one :sun:

How are campsites determined? Are they assigned or is it first come/first served? If we come, we'll be towing a 30 ft RV...

They are reserved but not assigned till we show up. 30 ft is a touch over what they allow in the tent loops, but maybe they won't notice. I didn't make any reservations in the RV loops.

Well... so long as I can be near Leeroy's site... After all, I hear that is where all the action is :lol2: :chug:

I'm signed up for TAR, but I think I could make this one also. Will there be route maps or GPS coordinates,... or will this be a large group that has to stay together? I read the thread and based on the Gas-Up-Together rule I'd say its a group ride,...Correct?

Thanks,
K

I may be interested in this ride. Do I need to make my own tent reservation or use the ones you have reserved? Are they for both Friday and Saturday night or just Saturday.

Well... so long as I can be near Leeroy's site... After all, I hear that is where all the action is

It would be most accurate to say the action arrived at Leeroy's site.

I'm signed up for TAR, but I think I could make this one also. Will there be route maps or GPS coordinates,... or will this be a large group that has to stay together? I read the thread and based on the Gas-Up-Together rule I'd say its a group ride,...Correct?

Thanks,
K

We will have route sheets, HOWEVER, in the past we've only had route sheets so that we had something to deviate from. Anybody is free to do their own thing or split off from the group if necessary, BUT at least in pairs if splitting off, and make sure the ride leaders know a general direction and route you're taking, and what time you plan to be back. Depending on the number of participants, multiple groups are also possible.

I may be interested in this ride. Do I need to make my own tent reservation or use the ones you have reserved? Are they for both Friday and Saturday night or just Saturday.

Tent reservations are made for Friday through Sunday night. Just say so, and you'll have a spot.

Last edited:
Matt, did you actually use the TWT name for the reservations? Or is it in your name? (Assuming there is a block of spaces reserved).

Matt, did you actually use the TWT name for the reservations? Or is it in your name? (Assuming there is a block of spaces reserved).

There is a block of 5 spots, 2 tents per spot (which you would know if you read the thread!) reserved in my name. For some reason, they wouldn't accept payment from my TWT credit card.

Ok, I'm in need of tent space for Saturday night only. I'll have to ride out Saturday and back Sunday to make this one.

Tent reservations are made for Friday through Sunday night. Just say so, and you'll have a spot.

So!

Please mark me down for both nights. Do you want us to pay you when we get there?

I promise my tent will only take up one space now that I have a smaller one. I plan to ride the FJR down, since I will be at TAR 2 weeks later with the DRZ.

Thanks STRider. I'm a maybe right now. Trying to clear up some things so I can go that weekend.

We will have route sheets, HOWEVER, in the past we've only had route sheets so that we had something to deviate from. Anybody is free to do their own thing or split off from the group if necessary, BUT at least in pairs if splitting off, and make sure the ride leaders know a general direction and route you're taking, and what time you plan to be back. Depending on the number of participants, multiple groups are also possible.

Has anyone used the Wi-Fi in any of the parks? I have to run some jobs for work every weekend :trust:

I'm IN, if there's a camping space left for friday and saturday nights. :rider:

So!

Please mark me down for both nights. Do you want us to pay you when we get there?

I promise my tent will only take up one space now that I have a smaller one. I plan to ride the FJR down, since I will be at TAR 2 weeks later with the DRZ.

Yah, that'll be the deal. I had to reserve the first night for each spot, so everybody will pay me for the first night, and then pay the park directly for the rest. With people doing various nights, we may have some math to work out, but it'll work out.

Unless you have a giant M.A.S.H. type army tent, fitting more than one into a spot isn't a problem.

TX white knight said:
Has anyone used the Wi-Fi in any of the parks? I have to run some jobs for work every weekend :trust:

One or more of the hotels in Burnet may have something.

List updated.

Definite
leeroy Keith VFR
STScott Scott ST1300
STrider Matt Sprint ST
txmedic Kurt (yeah, right)
kocook Kent :drool:
DFW_Warrior Bill DL1k
Squeaky Rebecca DL1k
jbh jbh FJR
echo_boom Rachel Ninja 250

Last edited:
Sheesh Buzz, you go more than 3 months between posts, and you saved it up for that? Everybody's a comedian.:roll:

So I can put you down in the "d" list? Can a person of uhhhh... advanced maturity handle tent camping?:trust:

:

So I can put you down in the "d" list? Can a person of uhhhh... advanced maturity handle tent camping? :trust:

Now, now! There's no reason for that. :rant: I believe your beef should be with Squeaky. She's the one that is ALWAYS "stirring up the pot".

As far as camping, I live to camp. Just make sure there are tents between me and Squeaky.:lol2:

Can you add me as a "D"? :loco: NEVER ! :thumbd: I'm always a "M". I require sunshine :sun: throughout the extended 10 day forecast. I think I'll wait for your Spring trip to Arkansas. I enjoyed the last one; although I didn't get to spend enough quality time with you. Maybe this year? :rider:

Just make sure there are tents between me and Squeaky.:lol2:

Hey now - I think I was the only one NOT snoring among the 7 or 8 tent in Terlingua. :mrgreen:

Oh, and Matt - The second morning of the trip, after I started the XR cold (first thing in the morning) with ONE kick - Scott proclaimed, "Matt would be proud". ;-)

Now, now! There's no reason for that. :rant: I believe your beef should be with Squeaky. She's the one that is ALWAYS "stirring up the pot".

As far as camping, I live to camp. Just make sure there are tents between me and Squeaky.:lol2:

Seems things are already tense between you and Squeak. Does Bill know about this?

hcope1 said:
I'm always a "M". I require sunshine :sun: throughout the extended 10 day forecast. I think I'll wait for your Spring trip to Arkansas. :rider:

This is the Spring trip for me. Ar/Mo maybe in the fall. I'm on a 1 trip/season ride diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back