• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Spring Hill Country Rally, April 11-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here and I am in! So do you want to RIDE or trailer?? (cause I don't have a trailer)

you can move me from M to D, unless the British Bike Gods rain on my parade.

Proposed Route 1.

try again link

Still trying.

kinda sorta, with no helpful road names or landmarks.:
route1jb1.png

Linkys no worky. About 350 miles. Includes 336 & 337, Lone Star Motorcycle Museum and Enchanted Rock.

Last edited:
Proposed Route 1.

[Butting in where probably not needed...]

Assuming a clockwise loop on the lower end:

How about, instead of taking boring 41 over to boring I-10, cut off on FM1340 thru Hunt & Ingram back to Kerrville, thence onward. It's a pretty nice road sorta along the Guadalupe.

[Butting in where probably not needed...]

Assuming a clockwise loop on the lower end:

How about, instead of taking boring 41 over to boring I-10, cut off on FM1340 thru Hunt & Ingram back to Kerrville, thence onward. It's a pretty nice road sorta along the Guadalupe.

Butting is always appreciated. I plotted that ccw, but cw works too. My only concern is mileage, 350 can be a lot for some folks, particularly in a group on unfamiliar, technical roads. If the mileage & difficulty isn't a lot more that'd be fine. If it is a lot more miles & difficulty, we could split up as necessary.

AND (for every/anybody): Nobody should feel committed or required to the "planned" routes. This is a rally, rather than a tour, so you can just do your own thing, or a group thing, or smaller groups. Just make sure we know what your doing so we don't think we've lost you.

... If anyone departing from the DFW area would like some extra haulin' space, my SO will be following Soozy and I down to Inks in a pickup. He'll have plenty o' room for coolers, musical instruments, or whatever else you may or may not be able to pack on the bike...

... If anyone departing from the DFW area would like some extra haulin' space, my SO will be following Soozy and I down to Inks in a pickup. He'll have plenty o' room for coolers, musical instruments, or whatever else you may or may not be able to pack on the bike...

Me too, 'cept from NW Houston. Anybody want coolers, bags, gear, whatever carried up, meet up with me during the week prior. First come first served. I'll also set up a quick pre-ride-meeting/get together somewhere on the NW side of town Friday morning if necessary.

I do need to borrow a decent ramp, or I'll split towing costs if somebody wants to supply a trailer.

1 month away, do you know where your reservations are?:trust:

Last edited:
Ummm...should I call in and make my own reservation?? How many tents are allowed at one site? I should probably get myself secluded because of the snoring I will be doing.

Ummm...should I call in and make my own reservation?? How many tents are allowed at one site? I should probably get myself secluded because of the snoring I will be doing.

yeah... do I need to call and make my own tent site reservations?

and Soozy, I'll bring my earplugs :lol2:

soozy said:

Two tents per spot. Maximum 8 persons per spot. The spots we get should be adjoining, so the boundaries of the 2/8 rules may be flexible. In short, as long as we don't have more than 10 tents or 40 people on our loop, we likely won't get bothered by the Mounties.

yeah... do I need to call and make my own tent site reservations?

and Soozy, I'll bring my earplugs :lol2:

Nope. s'done.

By my count, the confirmed tent campers are:

STScott Scott ST
STrider Matt Sprint ST
DFW_Warrior Bill DL1k
Squeaky Rebecca DL1k
jbh jbh FJR
echo_boom Rachel Ninja 250
Soozy Soozy Burg 650
Tracker Gary Speed Triple (brit bike evil twin)

If you see your name on the list above, you:
1. DO NOT need to do anything for tent reservations except show up. We'll work out the payment situation there.
2. NEED TO TELL ME if you are NOT planning on tent camping w/ the group.

If you do not see your name on the list and ARE planning on tent camping, LET ME KNOW.

Last edited:
Matt... I just want to be sure we got it right, I am only going to be staying for one night. I just don't know which night that will be just yet. LOL

Bummer, We will have to miss this as we are doing the STN Region 2 meet in Big Bend. Have fun everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back