• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Spring Hill Country Rally, April 11-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone knows where I can pick up a bundle of firewood on my way into the park Saturday, I'll have a bungee net and an empty back seat.

Got my luggage mount fixed today (if you ask me, it's better than it was before!) and I'm practically still packed from the last camping trip! :mrgreen:

OK, I have one question on tent camping. I know you have paid for the first night already and we will pay you for it.

When I get to the park do I have to go inside the building and pay for the other nights or can I do that at the booth? Also I am only staying Friday/Saturday night so I guess I just pay for those nights, or will we loose a reservation for one of the spots if someone does not pay for Sunday night as well, since we may be sharing each site.

I hope that was not confusing, just trying to do the right thing here.

I am going to have to back out of this weekend. My bike is due for its 600 mile service and I need to get the metal out of the oil before I add another 400 miles to the odometer. I have an appointment at the dealer on Saturday. I will try and make the next gathering...thanks, Bill

Plan on bringing my son with me. He just got a V30 Magna. He's going to truck it down, but we'll be there late thirty.

I will be arriving in the afternoon. I am stopping in Killeen to have lunch with my daughter, Mandy. I am looking forward to the whole weekend!

OK, I have one question on tent camping. I know you have paid for the first night already and we will pay you for it.

When I get to the park do I have to go inside the building and pay for the other nights or can I do that at the booth? Also I am only staying Friday/Saturday night so I guess I just pay for those nights, or will we loose a reservation for one of the spots if someone does not pay for Sunday night as well, since we may be sharing each site.

I hope that was not confusing, just trying to do the right thing here.

What I intend to happen is we will get together Fri night or Sat, maybe briefly on Sunday for the late-late comers, and figure out how the money works out, get everybody to put their fair share in, and then pay the folks one lump sum for the whole deal.

Here's my thinking on the math, tell me if I'm way off base. We take the total bill (Should be about $180)/ person-nights (6-10 people per night, with coming & going). Everybody pays that number x however many nights they stay. (Think man-hours)

So if the total number of person-nights is, say 25, thats 180/25= 7.2 So that's $7.20 per night you stay. If you stay one night, $7.20. 3 nights, $21.60. Day use fees will obviously be per person.

When you get there, you should just be able to say "I'm with the Simpson group" and they'll tell you what spots we're in.

Hope that wasn't confusing, just trying to do the right thing here.:;)

Just finished taking the top layer of dirt off the bike, so I won't be too embarrassed to be seen next to Kent's shiny new mo-sheen. Trying to run through my head of all the stuff I'll realize I forgot about when I get to Austin.

Last edited:
When you get there, you should just be able to say "I'm with the Simpson group" and they'll tell you what spots we're in.

Sounds like VIP treatment for us, I'll bet our campfire ring is even gold plated.

See everyone this afternoon.

bneedles isn't going to make it. He asked me to post because he is having access issues.

STrider, thanks for putting this all together. I know the organizing/money part of these things can turn into royal pains. Just round my tab up to the nearest $5 and I'll buy you a cold one, too, for your troubles.

Okay, this time I really mean it. On the road after this post. STScott is there, we have spots 300-304 reserved. We are paid up with the campground, so just gotta get Scott & I reimbursed. (BTW HUGE thanks to Scott. He had to work some magic with the campground, because they did exactly what I tried to prevent, but he graciously took care of it)

I should be there between 2-3 pm. Pending further errors/ omissions.

Groan. The bike is having a starting problem. Ken is helping to find it and we have nothing so far. I won't be there today...

I am happy to pay for my camping spot...just let me know.

If we figure this out, I may make it tomorrow(saturday)

You guys have FUN!!!!

Hope things work out for you, Soozy.
I'm not going to be able to get out of town until 16:30.

I will be there sun. morn. hope to meet you all, Taking the inlaws out for anniversary lunch sat. catch up on some honey do,s and then sun is mine. I drive a frt. truck and my route today was Llano, kingsland, marb.falls,burnet...There were 100,s of bikes everywhere, coopers bbq. etc. so close yet so far away but i made it home and im ready, got mon. off too.

Man!!!

I wish I had seen this earlier! I've been dying to go camping. :(

Arrgghhh. I have to pay attention to other forum sections more. :( :( :(

Man!!!

I wish I had seen this earlier! I've been dying to go camping. :(

Arrgghhh. I have to pay attention to other forum sections more. :( :( :(

Quick - pack the bike! We've had cancellations in the last 48 hours, so I'm sure there's room for ya.

I could, but they wo'nt let me in until the morning. :(

I have a weird work schedule, I am off Thursday nights, Fridays and Saturdays, I work Sundays, so I'd have to turn back around and come back. :(

Well, I'm not leaving until tomorrow morning either - and I'm coming back Sunday.

Still a good time!

Maaaannnn. :(

I already have plans and stuff for the day tomorrow. This looks like a great weekend for camping too.

Blah! My own fault for not paying better attention.

I must have missed something or i just missed it all, showed up this morn. 10 am, inks lake state park camps 300-304 were paid for but no trace of life to be found, not even a gum wrapper....

The group left around 10 headed for Lime Creek Rd, I think. Tehtank and I left around 10:45 headed for parts north. Ya'll missed a great weekend of camping and riding the hill country.

I am back and tired. We did do limecreek, cow creek today. Then I just slabbed it back I35 to get home by 5pm. Man that headwind sucked heading north. I guess it was payback for having tailwind going down on Friday.

Saturday we hit 16, 337, 39 and a few others I could not remember, awesome day for riding, logged about 340 miles. Perfect weather for camping as well.

Thanks ST rider for setting all this up, everything was great. It was nice to meet everyone and ride with everyone. Thanks for waiting for me to pack up this morning before we headed out to limecreek road. If I have any good pictures I will post up later. I know Scott should have a few good ones.

The group left around 10 headed for Lime Creek Rd, I think. Tehtank and I left around 10:45 headed for parts north. Ya'll missed a great weekend of camping and riding the hill country.
I figured that to be the case, I did enjoy the ride out and back, did a little exploring, tried to go down the dam road [inks] it was almost dual sport as trees were down across it, had to turn around on the Bandit, could have kept going on a D.S. Ill catch yall another time. SZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back