• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT will be offline 12/21/18 10:00pm CST - 12/23/18 10:00pm CST

Hey Scott, good stuff. I'm looking for a "settings" button I guess. I want to make the last (latest) posts first like I had on the old platform. Is this possible?

20181118_214437.png

Last edited:
Hey Scott, good stuff. I'm looking for a "settings" button I guess. I want to make the last (latest) posts first like I had on the old platform. Is this
It would appear that this is NOT an option on an individual basis... yet. Looking on the XF support site, there seem to be a lot of other admins asking for that feature. There might be an add-on out there that I can find which could do it. I will have to do some searching to see what I can find.

Let me just say publicly that this new software is great! I hope the people that toil to keep this site up are seeing some benefits as well. This might be an example of where change didn't stink...

I haven't been able to determine why is happening, but Tapatalk is causing memory issues with the server. Lately, the server has had multiple incidents where TT was making MANY hits on the server all in one instant, driving the memory to capacity and forcing the server to terminate the processes. The server support folks went through the logs to see what was running every time this happened and it was always a TT process. It is not shutting the site down or anything, but it is likely there is some kind of glitch in the TT code and how it interfaces with the forum software. I'll be keeping an eye on it for now, but if it does start getting worse, I may have to uninstall TT. I was warned about this by other admins when I mentioned I had it installed, but thought I'd give it a try and see.

There is a new major release of the XF software coming out in the not too distant future. If TT doesn't step up its game, it may not work with the new release. So even though I don't mind having it installed, that may be taken out of my hands at some point :shrug: It's like they have a good idea, but they just can't quite carry it off. I know that if someone else came out with something like TT that was more reliable, many of the forum admins would jump on that in a heartbeat.

It like tt is aware it has competition and wants it's users back. A host parasite relationship that has to be careful or the parasite will kill it's host

It like tt is aware it has competition and wants it's users back. A host parasite relationship that has to be careful or the parasite will kill it's host
You don't make any sense :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to determine why is happening, but Tapatalk is causing memory issues with the server. Lately, the server has had multiple incidents where TT was making MANY hits on the server all in one instant, driving the memory to capacity and forcing the server to terminate the processes. The server support folks went through the logs to see what was running every time this happened and it was always a TT process. It is not shutting the site down or anything, but it is likely there is some kind of glitch in the TT code and how it interfaces with the forum software. I'll be keeping an eye on it for now, but if it does start getting worse, I may have to uninstall TT. I was warned about this by other admins when I mentioned I had it installed, but thought I'd give it a try and see.

There is a new major release of the XF software coming out in the not too distant future. If TT doesn't step up its game, it may not work with the new release. So even though I don't mind having it installed, that may be taken out of my hands at some point :shrug: It's like they have a good idea, but they just can't quite carry it off. I know that if someone else came out with something like TT that was more reliable, many of the forum admins would jump on that in a heartbeat.

The site works well on a mobile browser. I just managed to upload photos from my phone into a thread. This was something that Tapatalk made much easier before, but now it’s a similar experience. I can use Tapatalk or not since this software upgrade.

Back