• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Around the Bend 2009 attendance list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoorah! Looking forward to riding with you again Kieth. See ya there. What day are you showing up?
Sorry for the typo... can't fix in this forum....
That should read Keith.

Hey Richard, there will be 4 of us coming down Wed. Save me a ride guide! Dirtbomb [Chris] Loose Bolt, [Nace] Ronnie, and Rick.

If I don't go I'll be kicking myself all through the West Texas summer until it's cool enough to go again.

paul bryan

I'm going early... will be setting up camp at the RV park in Study Butte in the early dark hours of Saturday morning.... hopefully not much past midnight.

Leaving DFW this afternoon.

Leaving Friday morning around 6. 2 bikes 2up. Taking my 14 yo son on his first long ride. I think he might have computer withdrawls before we get to Langtry! He's already looking for cyber cafe's allong the way. I think he will be dissappointed.

Leaving Friday morning around 6. 2 bikes 2up. Taking my 14 yo son on his first long ride. I think he might have computer withdrawls before we get to Langtry! He's already looking for cyber cafe's allong the way. I think he will be dissappointed.

If he gets really desperate tell him they have wifi on the porch in Terlingua Ghost Town!

Voni
sMiling

I'm new here. I have owned dual sports in the past but not currently, so I am stuck to the roads only. I have 1 bike, a cruiser. Any other cruisers going or will I stick out like a sore thumb?

Oh, I'm in.

No, you aren't going to stick out. There will be road bike as part of this ride, plus there are always people down there with cruisers anyway. At the Front Porch you will see everything parked there in the evening. Scooters, cruisers, hacks, and DS bikes.

[posted with Richard's permission]

:tab Just an FYI for anyone interested, I will be selling TWT T-shirts all weekend. I will try to be at Kosmic Kathy's each morning so that I am easy to find. Otherwise, I plan to camp over by Uncle's in that little park, or to be hanging out at Uncle's or the Front Porch. I still have quite a few of each size. They are $20 each. You can see them here. I will also have some of the vinyl TWT stickers.

:tab I forgot to add that I will also have several sets of spare tires in the back of my truck and tire changing equipment. The tires are used D606's for both front and rear in KLR sizes, 90/90-21 front and 130/90-17 rear. Even though used, they still have enough rubber to do the weekend or to get someone home if needed. They are free for the asking but you have to help ;-) I don't have extra tubes.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I officially won't be there, collarbone OK, started commuting

y'all have fun

Cool, I'm in, as of today :) LIke to wait until last minute and had to get DR approval for eyes. He says i'm good, nearly 2015! :D

See yall there fri morning. I will find some place or that park thurs night. Can't just pull off on some random road and camp out? Haha not like anyone out there :) (the best part...Houston sucks)

You either need a backcountry permit or stay in one of the established campgrounds. The problem with the backcountry permit is that you have to get it before they close the visitor center at around 5pm.

OK I officially won't be there. Woke up this morning in pain again. I'll give it till monday.

On the other hand, whom ever has the T-shirts can you mail them to me.

TIA

Got stuck in trial this week. Couldn't get the bike to the "fixer" in time. No va. Drats.

Paul and I will be there.

Heck, we're always here :sun:

Stop by our adobe 25 sMiles north of Study Butte. Iced tea or coffee always ready for visitors.

Voni
sMiling
I've heard so much about your place out there, and I would love to stop by and visit. 'Leaving the BMW behind though on this one; it will be a Yamaha vacation this time.

Hi all! Jim Green, Klaus, Jim Knight and I are coming! Are there any motels we can stay at?

Thanks
Hey, it will be fun to ride with some of my fellow BMW Club of Houston dual sporters. I've got my new WR250R and am adding farkles as fast as my pocket book will allow. I'm worried about range though, and would love one of those 3.5 gal Safari tanks. Hmmm. Probably not though. I'll be taking my pickup camper and trailering my bike and Ron Marek's KLR650 to the area the preceding Monday. 'Don't know for sure if I'll be at Gareth Park or looking for somewhere to hook up to water and power. See all of you there.

Ken Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back