• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Around the Bend 2009 attendance list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the list, please. I'll try camping, if the weather allows.

Hi - count me in too Richard. Also, please provide me with Uncle's phone number as I am planning to (perhaps) stay the winter in the area. Last year I got some good leads for possible land purchase from Uncle, so perhaps you can personal email me? Thanks in advance - Gary aka Busted Knuckle.

Count me in, Richard. As prep for doing MexTrek next year with the gang the nephews and I have bought three bikes in 2 days (last Fri and Sat) :eek2: , 2 KLR's and a DR. The farkling and dirt mods have already begun. Nephew 2 has decided this non-event will be an excellent tune-up. I, OTOH, will need a couple of mini-tune-ups before the tune -up based on the level of skill I exhibited in our Sunday ride .:giveup:

Yes, I'am in! Make sure Uncle lines up some cute waitress's to hug.
MFF

That would be
slowoldguy
justin1889
no-name nephew #2

(get your own name, aaron. They're free. ;))

Add me too! Should be there with a new d/p. I will also do the Mexico ride.

Mike

I have only so much vacation time and so many places to be. I decided today that I won't be going to BB in Feb. Been invited to ride trails in Tennessee in Spring. That will be a perfect compliment to riding the canyons in Utah in the fall. Thus the Balance of My Universe will be maintained.

I need to retire, sell the house and stuff and just ride the bike everywhere..........
Screw the job.

Newbie to the site with a new (to me) 07 KLR. I'll be there. I own 40 acres near Black Hill - 23 miles N of Study Butte. Terlingua ranch property is still pretty cheap if you deal with locals. I guarantee you can ride Terlingua ranch's 1000 plus miles of DS roads if you are member of POATRI (see poatri.org)! Awesome country but leave only tracks!

Uncle or Richard, do you guys have approximate numbers from last year's event? I was just wondering how this one was shaping up compared to last year.

Well, just looking at the attendance threads, we are up to 44 right now and last year there were only 50 names total.

I looked at a couple of pictures from the ride report and tried to count bikes, but only got 29. That seems awfully low to me. So guessing I say close to the attendance list.

I think 50 - 60 people attended last year. Uncle had a number of friends from Oklahoma attend who did not sign the attendance roster.

Based on the response so far, I expect more riders to attend this year.

Not that I commit to anything past next week, but is there anybody going down there on a street bike? It will be highly unlikely that I will have a DS (unless I win the lotto) and wonder if there are street people going too.

Jeff,

I don't know if there will be riders on street-only bikes, but last year there were riders who only rode pavement (including me). Street riders are very welcome at Uncle's "Run what ya brung" non-event. Hope you can make it.

Not that I commit to anything past next week, but is there anybody going down there on a street bike? It will be highly unlikely that I will have a DS (unless I win the lotto) and wonder if there are street people going too.

I have a street bike and I really want to do this trip! :rider:

Is anyone else from Austin going? I'm waffling between riding out or trailering. I even priced out renting a pop up trailer with a "toy hauler deck."
391-sideview.jpg

Roundblack,
I think there are lots of riders from Austin attending. Some ride and some
trailer etc. Last year Rusty and I trailered three bikes and hoteled it.
There are many options. RV parks, free camping (near Uncles) Motels and of course
Lajitas (more upscale). Mabey you can score room with someone who will be taking a large trailer. There are lots of rides for street only bikes. Its amazing how much stuff the street and D/S guys carry with them.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back