• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Around the Bend 2009 attendance list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you re injure the leg doing your Tricks?

You haven't missed any trick riding.

I was riding in BB over X-mas with a blood clot in my leg. My previous doc did not place any risk factor on doing this. My new doctor has greatly increased the risk factor of riding due to both the blood clot and the new drugs I am on.

Yes my left ankle, elbow and shoulder. Nothing broke just swelling. Bashed my head. Scrapers on the right upper forehead. I will survive. Lesson learned all the gear all the time.

Count in one Okie......I'll be with 3 Texans. I'm not sure who's worse off???

Colin

Have the 3 already added their names to this attendance list? If not, let me know and I'd be pleased to add them.

I was riding in BB over X-mas with a blood clot in my leg. My previous doc did not place any risk factor on doing this. My new doctor has greatly increased the risk factor of riding due to both the blood clot and the new drugs I am on.
Ditto. I worried about you every day you rode.

Have the 3 already added their names to this attendance list? If not, let me know and I'd be pleased to add them.

Richard,
I don't believe they have....... Kevin, Brad & Howard, will be our little weekend dysfunctional family.

Thanks!

Colin

Hey guys I am new to the forum. I know the ride isn't just for dual sports, I have a VStrom 650 are the dirt rides too much for this bike?

Thanks

Hey guys I am new to the forum. I know the ride isn't just for dual sports, I have a VStrom 650 are the dirt rides too much for this bike?

Thanks

That would depend on your tire choice, your skill/comfort level, and your "adventure" tolerance. I've done some small sections on my Strom but others have done all/most of it on big GSs, Tigers, and TransAlps.

Yeah, but the Transalp is easy to ride offroad compared to those others.

There are plenty of paved roads in the area too. One of the guys coming down with us is only riding pavement.

Thanks
The VStrom 650 is a popular choice among dual sporters. Plenty of options even with street tires. Come on down!

Jeff

Thanks

Hi, Aamir.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Most of the non-paved roads in the park are class 2 roads (Motorcycle Non-Paved Road Rating System), which are rideable on a Strom. It will be a handful in the sand and loose gravel sections but a rider with average dirt skills should be able to get through. I recommend that you have armor on the bike (skid plate and crash bars) before tackling a class 2 road.

I am out of this one this year. I am being punished for being an irresponsible pet owner and will be having puppies sometime that week. Ya'll don't have too much fun with out me. I will be there in spirit!

Delores

OK before you guys run with that....let me clarify....my dog will be having puppies that week

Delores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back