• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Around the Bend 2009 attendance list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reservations made. I'm riding the bike to Alpine on Thursday, and staying in Terlingua on Friday and Saturday.

I was wondering if anyone has GPS routes or tracks for the BB ride? Ae there any preferred routes? Curious and excited!!

:rider:

No planned routes for this. Hence the non-event status. No planned routes, no registration, no fees.

However, there are some people that have been out there that have gps routes and maps. Best thing I can suggest it at the breakfast "rider meeting" get to talking and find a group that is your speed and going to do something that sounds like your ability.

I'll post some map links later and maybe some gps tracks. I just don't have them on this computer.

I was wondering if anyone has GPS routes or tracks for the BB ride? Ae there any preferred routes? Curious and excited!!

:rider:

Perfect timing on your question.

I just finished a Big Bend ride guide. The guide is a 48 page, spiral bound 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 book that includes 12 different routes - 8 dual sport routes and 4 pavement-only routes. Two 11x17 color maps are included with the ride guide. One of them is a topo map of the Terlingua Ranch area and the other is a map of the primitive roads in Big Bend. The guide also has a link to download the routes for your GPS.

I expect to have the guide back from the printer this week.

The cost for the guide and maps is $25 ($27 if you use paypal). I'll be posting a separate thread about the guide, but if you want to order one now you can do so.

Richard Gibbens
12609 Red Bud Trail
Buda, TX 78610

paypal: rgibbens@austin.rr.com

I will mail the guides and maps to anyone who orders one. Or I can hand carry it to Big Bend in Feb. I will bring a few extras to Big Bend with me, but order one in advance if you are sure you want one.

Richard

I notice that Jbay is number 10 on the list. He broke his collarbone a week ago and I believe he's out for this ride. I think I talked him into the TAR though.

im OK it was on Sat Jan17th http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35630

a little duct tape and i'm good to go

wildhogspic9.jpg

il post some x-rays later on the other post

Team Pink changes are as follows

Slow Guy - Tim Edwards is out

Looking for a nick name - Randy Ruark is in

We will arrive on the 18th. Looking to get away from the cold and ice.:giveup:

Please tell me the current ice storm in Oklahoma and Texas is not as far south as BBNP:eek2: We want :sun: weather this time.

Uh oh. :( Please extend my well wishes for a rapid recovery.

He's been very nice about it. He hasn't blamed me at all yet. I led the parade down a trail called Crippling Creek. :giveup: 8 riders stopped at the entrance to ponder, 7 entered the trail...6 came out. Actually James rode out too, but not in the same condition he went in.

Well, the KLR got dropped off at the shop last night. He says it should be ready by Friday, possibly early next week. So if that works out, I am in. Steve "Desmo" is also in.

I am in Huntsville. Our plan is for me to meet at Steve's (in Magnolia) and leave from there early Thursday morning. We were going to truck out in his truck with the bikes in the back. However, if there is anyone in the area that might like to go out with us, I have access to a large Mega Cab Dodge and a trailer that can hold five DS bikes with no problem. The truck will seat five adults with room to spare and has a covered bed for all our gear. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in hooking up with us so we can work out the details. I think we will be camping.

I'm in. Anyone in Frisco, TX area want to trailer? I have a 14ft trailer and 3/4 chevy.

--
iphorde (Byron)

'07 Yamaha WR450R (dual-sported)
'08 KTM (LC8) Adventure 990
'09 BMW F800GS

I'm in. Anyone in Frisco, TX area want to trailer? I have a 14ft trailer and 3/4 chevy.

--
iphorde (Byron)

'07 Yamaha WR450R (dual-sported)
'08 KTM (LC8) Adventure 990
'09 BMW F800GS

Soo.... which bike you taking? :trust:

Would it be ok to use a legalized CRF 230f? Its kinda small bore but its great for offroad so light :D. I'm thinking about going have never ridden much offroad as far as legal duel sporting, recently made it legal. Pending weather and work (I travel with job), I might appear :)

This little bike only goes about 65 top speed, and comfortably around 50 or 55.

Would it be ok to use a legalized CRF 230f? Its kinda small bore but its great for offroad so light :D. I'm thinking about going have never ridden much offroad as far as legal duel sporting, recently made it legal. Pending weather and work (I travel with job), I might appear :)

This little bike only goes about 65 top speed, and comfortably around 50 or 55.

That is what Ed29 used last year :thumb: There were quite a few 200-250cc bikes out there if I recall correctly. Top speed is not really an issue. In the park the max speed is 45 mph everywhere.

One of the guys going out with me will be on a CRF 230 that he is just finishing up the plating process on. I knew someone else that had done it and besides the dual sport kit they went up one tooth on the front sprocket so that cruising at 55 was at lower RPM's. Since the National Park max speed limit is 45 and there is only a short stretch of pavement between Study Butte and the park you won't need to go too fast. If you decide to do more pavement and head for the State Park, you still only have a short section of higher speed highway, but longer than to the NP.

Sorry, the short answer is yes, it will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back