• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Around the Bend 2009 attendance list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Ed was on a XR250?

DONT ride any of Ed's bikes, the only outcome of doing that is you end up owning more bikes. :doh:

Thankfully he is taking his KLR for this trip and I already have one of them

It is an XR-250, but there was a CRF-230 out there last year too. Its rider had a blast and range was not a problem at around 100 MPG. I think it was geared up a bit as the rider reported being able to reach 70 or so on pavement. But in most places out there your comfy cruise of 50-55 means you will see more of the great scenery.

In short I encourage you to go with teh 230 for this trip.

DONT ride any of Ed's bikes, the only outcome of doing that is you end up owning more bikes. :doh:

I second this motion. I rode his CRF450 for less than 2 miles on the trails, when I stopped him and remarked that I had to own one of them. A couple months later and I bought a WR450.

I guess I have good taste in bike then huh??? Hey Bill.... wanna ride the FJR sometime??
:trust:

Three of us were planning to roll down from DFW for our first DS trip... However we had to take the top end off of the XL350R last night... if I can get the new valves ground in and the motor back in and running we will be there.

Would it be ok to use a legalized CRF 230f? Its kinda small bore but its great for offroad so light :D. I'm thinking about going have never ridden much offroad as far as legal duel sporting, recently made it legal. Pending weather and work (I travel with job), I might appear :)

This little bike only goes about 65 top speed, and comfortably around 50 or 55.

It will be find. I rode a XT225 last year.

Think it will be safe if I take two down (GS and WR) and leave one unattended?

Richard,
Sorry but I am going to have to bail out on Uncles ride. Really wish I could be there. Started installing a new metal roof on my house and it is taking longer than I thought. I Feel guilty about leaving half a roof on my house and then going away for 8 days. My wife would kill me. Be Safe- have FUN - will try to make Mextrex again.
Cotton- Orange Park, Florida

I had both my Transalp and WR there last year and at Christmas. I just left the WR cable locked to the post outside my room last year. At Xmas I was at Uncle's and just left it sitting out. However there weren't too many of us there then. But I would plan on some sort of lock for the WR, just for peace of mind.

I'm taking down two. But then again, looking at your bikes compared to mine, I think yours will be more likely to get stolen.:lol2: Mine are ugly and all beat up.

I was planning on two bikes but do to a recent event :doh: the XT my be the only bike. Or I would be willing to safe guard :trust: someone's WR or GS or ??? :lol2: :lol2:

Hey Richard, I sent in a Check Feb 3rd for the Trip Packet. See ya there. Mark W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back