• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Ride the Rio - Feb 21 - 24, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the weather is trying to keep me out of this one. Tuesday's high is 40, but it gets down to 12 that night with a high of 24 Wednesday (my launch date). So the only way I can do this is launch Tuesday early afternoon and get as far south as I can before that cold front gets here.

If not...maybe next time.

Hope you can get out of there. Weather in BB is looking like low 80's the whole time.

:rider: woohoo! sounds great. today when I get to work I'll have Bill show me a few good street routes that he's been on, so we'll have something to go on.
I mentioned a few to Soozy; one, the paved River Road and the other the park roads. Plus a few hiking opportunities, such as Santa Elena Canyon, and other spots to visit (Barton Warnock Center, Fort Leaton, etc). The paved road up to the Basin and through Green Gulch is wonderfully magical, but be aware of the tight hairpin turns near the top. Just take it slow and careful and you'll both be fine. Chisos Lodge in the Basin has some awesome cobbler and ice cream :trust: You can sit outside the lodge, eat cobbler, sip coffee and gaze across the basin and down to the desert below with Case Grande Mnt towering over you. Lots of hiking opportunities there, too.

Re: Uncle's Ride the Rio TWT attendance list

Bien venidos, amigos. Your presence will make Roger's Ride the rio an international event in more ways than one. What sizes of t-shirts do you wear?

We are "L". I read that they are $15.00 any chance of paing them over there, instead of Paypal?

Who is trailering either from Houston or Austin (or anywhere near Huntsville) that might have room for another bike...? Also, when would you be leaving?

So you are coming too Scott?!? Cool, see ya there, I am sure you will catch a ride.

Maybe... several things have to fall into place... new rear tire for the KLR, the time off, a ride out there, place to stay, etc,... But I am working it ;-)

Maybe... several things have to fall into place... new rear tire for the KLR, the time off, a ride out there, place to stay, etc,... But I am working it ;-)

PM on the way. Work on the tire and time off... ;-)

I think Wasabi has me covered on the tire... Now to work on Dad and Beth... :trust:

Got the okay for the time off from work...

I've got plenty of trailer room, just no truck room. But then again, I'm in the Dallas area so that's kind of a far ride.

Got the trailer thing taken care of as well... ;-)

On a KLR, for my tastes, yep. Heck, on the bike I'm taking to ride the rio, anything paved for longer than 30 miles is too far. However on my Strom, usually I call it quits around the 800 mile mark in a day.

So I guess it's all relative.;-)

Re: Uncle's Ride the Rio TWT attendance list

We are "L". I read that they are $15.00 any chance of paing them over there, instead of Paypal?

That will work, if I can find 3 extras in your size. I'll figure something out..

I'm in...

oh wait...

I'm in!!

Now please excuse me as I have many PM's to send...

Does anyone know if you can ride from Candelaria to Fort Hancock along the border? I have never gone past Candelaria. Map Source show there is a road and I was just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back