• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Unusual/rare motorcycles you'd like to have.

Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 Veloce. It's a 1200cc Italian V-twin hooligan rocket and Corsaro means pirate. How freakin' cool is that?

Moto%20Morini%20Corsaro%201200%20Veloce%20%2007.jpg

Moto%20Morini%20Corsaro%201200%20Veloce%20%2007%20%201.jpg

I burn for one of these:

hayashi_400_bandit1.jpg

GSF400 Bandit. Made in the early 90's, and while they were available in the states, are uncommon to say the least.

Also, DR800:

2006%5C04%5C10%5Cbikepics-560049-800.jpg

2006%5C04%5C10%5Cbikepics-560049-800.jpg

Need I explain either?

Last edited:
This one fits in the unusual category even though it is still a design experiment.
Lots of interesting stuff going on here. Go check out this website. It's a very interesting approach at a sportbike.
http://www.ecossespirit.com/

ES1-Rotate-14.jpg

ES1-Top-View.jpg

ES1-Rotate-8.jpg

I wish them luck, because they build one of my favorite big-inch twin custom bikes. The Ecosse Heretic
Orange-right-side-fade.jpg

AC_right-side-lean-small.jpg

BlkGrn-track.jpg

Would you dress like one if you had it?

I'd put a jolly roger on the back of some black leathers and have my helmet airbrushed to look like a skull with an eye patch(using one of those visor screen that they use with helmet skins) and I'd put a pirate hat on it with suction cups. Would that be close enough or would I need a fake parrot stitched to the shoulder.:rofl:

I've got a parrot from Margaritaville I got a few years ago you could borrow. We'll just strap it to the handlebars.

At the last Cycle World show I attended, they had one of the MV Augusta's that was a limited edition in a blue/silver scheme. Price tag was out of this world... Still... if money were no limit... :drool: I cannot find a pic though :doh:

At the last Cycle World show I attended, they had one of the MV Augusta's that was a limited edition in a blue/silver scheme. Price tag was out of this world... Still... if money were no limit... :drool: I cannot find a pic though :doh:

You mean like this one? :trust:

CRW_6306.jpg

Yes! It looks sooooo much better in person :drool: The blue and silver used are just perfect. The photos just cannot convey the quality of the paint job.

There are other bikes I would like if I were able to collect like Jay Leno... However, like Leno, I would be collecting things like steam engines, old hit and miss engines, etc,... I would have Kevin Cameron and Leno over as often as possible for chat sessions :trust:

Too much Busa, straight line bike with unusable speed. I'll take the TZ750, thank you very much.:mrgreen:

:rofl:

i know a guy who'll tell you real fast that a TZ750 had a bit of a unusable speed itself.

and while never having ridden one myself, just imagining a 750cc two-stroke makes me wince.

:rofl:

i know a guy who'll tell you real fast that a TZ750 had a bit of a unusable speed itself.

and while never having ridden one myself, just imagining a 750cc two-stroke makes me wince.

You are quite right that it has too much speed. :lol2: But, since it's a track bike, at least you can TRY to use it legally. The Busa will corner pretty well, not race bike speed, but fine on the highway to be a lot of fun in the twisties. That rocket thing, man, I don't know if I'd wanna fine out. :rofl: Oh, I'd LOVE to have one in a collection if I were rich. That's a rich man's collector, ya know. But, I'm just saying, it's a little outragious to think you could ever use all that safely. I don't even know if I'd wanna try on the track, probably scare the heck outta me, but then, I always figured the TZ750 would scare the heck outta me, too. I just always wanted to see how scared I could get, that's all.:lol2: I don't know if I'd try to ride that turbine thing at other than mundane speeds. I don't really wanna die.:rofl: I raced TZ250s, probably could have afforded a 350, but there were no classes for it in AMA for a novice pro and you were limited in CRRC to F2 and F1 with a 350.

The TZs never topped out at Daytona, the biggest track they ran on. Road America has a long straight, but not the bowl to compare with Daytona. One year in tire testing, there wasn't a hay wall at the chicane and KR ran it around without taking the chicane just to see what he could get the OW31 up to. He broke the speed traps slightly over 200 mph. Normally in a race, they tripped the traps at a little over 180. :doh: They claim it only had 150 horsepower. It sure made the most of every pony it had! It weighed about 330 lbs I think.

I'd just love to have one. Show up at an LSTD track day, can you imagine all the youngsters there going "WHAT'S THAT!?" :rofl: And, the sound of an inline 4 cylinder, oh, LORD, I can still hear those chambers rattling. Just EVIL....

Ah, but it's just a dream. Parts are non-existent and where do you find slicks in 18" anymore. :lol2:

A guy I knew, David Green, won the novice pro race in Daytona in '81 which automatically moved him to expert and qualified him to ride F1, the TZ750s. Now, David's dad owned Durwood Green contstruction in Houston, did not lack money. The following season he'd acquired a TZ750 and a couple of year old ex 500GP Euro racer, an RG500. (a square four two stroke GP bike like Barry Sheene won two world championships on). He took 'em to TWS and they scared the heck outta him. He couldn't ride 'em, gave up, sold 'em, bought a new 250. :lol2: There was a reason AMA made you advance to expert before you could ride F1. Now, you could ride superbike, no problem, as a novice, but F1 was reserved, at the time, for those who graduated to expert off 250s either by points or winning a race.

That's an RG500 like David had. They're even more rare than the TZ750s that survive. They'd sell anyone in the AMA a 750 who had an expert pro license. The RGs were built specifically for 500GP in Europe and a few were cranked out for privateer teams.

Edit...the RG had a LONG run with many versions and updates over the years. Any one year model is more rare than the TZ750, but I don't know if there might be more survivors if you consider all years. Schwantz won on basically an RG, though the square four format was long gone. So too, KR Jr. That bike, though, looks to me like a late square four. I might be wrong.

heron-suzuki.jpg

barry.jpg

1976, 1977 500cc world champion Barry Sheene

There was a street model RGV500 as well. Sold everywhere but here of course. Those are a little easier to find.

Y2k is a contender. Also the Tomahawk. Yep. I said it.

How about a bike that weighs 300lbs, has 200hp, and gets 80mpg.

In 1969-70 there was a TV show called Then came Bronson
I always liked the sportster he rode in that show.

Attachments

• bike001.jpg
    bike001.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 133
I saw this in Ouray Colorado last week, Iduno what this is but it's got to be "rare"

Stephen

2820979840100338564wUetVF

Jack, what kind of Suzuki race bike is this?
It is on display at the Triumph/Suzuki dealer in OKC.

Gerald has several neat bikes. He's also got restored Gilleria GP 125 with a dustbin fairing among many others. When he moved to the new store, he had many bikes in storage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda RVF 400
Honda RC45
Honda NR750
Vincent Black Shadow
Brough Superior
Suzuki katana 83? the original
I will think of more....

Back