• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Unusual/rare motorcycles you'd like to have.

here's the bike ducati never built, but should have:
649579220_9d99f72cfe.jpg

SBK (748/916/996) rolling chassis with an air-cooled 2-valve motor. well balanced and FUN, but is it OK to add if i already own it? ;-)

Gerald has several neat bikes. He's also got restored Gilleria GP 125 with a dustbin fairing among many others. When he moved to the new store, he had many bikes in storage.
He does have quite a few more than "several", I am ready for them to get their "Ace Cafe" conversion of the old Nissan service bay they have considered doing so they can show off all of those bikes.

He does have quite a few more than "several", I am ready for them to get their "Ace Cafe" conversion of the old Nissan service bay they have considered doing so they can show off all of those bikes.

Those bikes in the service bay were what I was talking about. I heard he recently bought out the inventory of an estabished dealership in Tulsa.

There was a street model RGV500 as well. Sold everywhere but here of course. Those are a little easier to find.

The street RGVs are a dime a dozen compared to an RG500 square four. There really weren't that many of the square fours built and there never was a street version to my knowledge, could be wrong, but don't think so. It was a cool engine, twin crank, rotary valve induction with the carbs feeding into the side of the crankcase on either side. Rotary valve induction could be tuned separately ABDC to BBDC and had advantages until case reeds got polymer and carbon reed materials. Other bikes like my TZ250s used piston port induction, but the port opens ABDC at the same degrees of crank rotation that it opens BBDC of course. Metal reeds restricted induction flow and reed valve induction was not in great favor (the TZ750 was an exception) in race bikes until the advent of modern reed materials which came along around the very early 80s in the production bikes (by "production bikes", I mean production race bikes sold to race teams, not street bikes). That's about the same time Suzuki Veed the engine and went with case reed induction.

I think that's a later model square four in that picture just going by the fact it has the later "low boy" frame and the frame is all tube steel. The body work is late model. Can't see the engine, but that's my educated guess.:mrgreen:

I believe the Motoczysz is a twin crank square four design. What a clever approach to packaging problems. I'm sure it prevents it's own set of problems, but it's a neat idea, nonetheless. Who did it first, Ariel?

I believe the Motoczysz is a twin crank square four design. What a clever approach to packaging problems. I'm sure it prevents it's own set of problems, but it's a neat idea, nonetheless. Who did it first, Ariel?

I think Ariel, but don't hold me to it. Square fours haven't been all that popular. It really takes water cooling. An air cooled square, the rear cylinders, especially if two stoke, have serious heating issues. The Ariel was a very mildly tuned push rod 4 stroke engine intended for touring smoothness, not performance.

I think that's a later model square four in that picture just going by the fact it has the later "low boy" frame and the frame is all tube steel. The body work is late model. Can't see the engine, but that's my educated guess.:mrgreen:
Maybe LowRyter could asked Gerald sometime about the history of that race bike in his shop and we could find out what it is.

From Motorcyclist Online Edition:
"...the machine [the Motoczysz C1 990] is powered by a 1-liter inline-four with staggered cylinder blocks and stacked, contrarotating cranks, the whole thing positioned lengthways in a carbon-fiber chassis....." by Alan Cathcart

Not quite a square four, but something entirely new and different.

Personally, I would probably have to go with the RC45 or NR750 but I am suprised that no one has mentioned anything from Bimota, like this one, the Tesi 3D:

http://www.bimotausa.com/tesi3d_gal.html

I would love to have a chance to ride it.

Exotic, but as I recall, they never made the hub center steering thing work very well. Lots of theoretical advantages, but not much good if you can't make it work in real life.

Exotic, but as I recall, they never made the hub center steering thing work very well. Lots of theoretical advantages, but not much good if you can't make it work in real life.

I remember the same thing but they seem to be trying again, the 3D is do out later this year. Try, try again I guess is their motto

Bimotas
SB8K(TL1000R motor):
bimota20sb8k20santa20monica11p.jpg

SB8R(TL1000R motor):
2002sb8rspecial.jpg

SB6(GSXR 1100 motor):
1130004695.jpg

SB6R(GSXR1100 motor):
Bimota%20SB6R%20%203.jpg

DB5R(Ducati 1000DS motor):
Bimota_DB5R_pressconf-020r.jpg

V-Due(500cc 2-smokin' v-twin):
bimota.jpg

Vyrus 985 C3 4V(Ducati 999 testastretta motor):
Vyrus%20985%20C3-4v%20%203.jpg

The last and best of the liter superbikes, Suzuki GS1000.

I fell for the Suzuki Nuda the first time I saw it and still think it's one of the all time best looking bikes!
SRAD

Blue. Just to remember what it was like 33 years ago.
12606%20%206679%201970%20HOnda%20CL90%203300%20miles.jpg

Back