• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: Upcoming San Antonio Events and Chatter

I'd like to start this thread without a date in the title that can be a running San Antonio event thread where you can always see what's coming up. Or just use it for San Antonio networking if you need a hand. Like this:

March 22, 2016 at 6:30PM, Rudy's BBQ at 10623 Westover Hills Blvd (corner of Hwy 151 and Westover Hills)

Spread the word.

Ken

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter
I added this event to the TWT calendar.

If y'all settle on a regular day (3rd Tuesday of ea month, for example)--we could have the calendar reflect that each month.

(I'd vote for Wednesday's, btw!)

gina

Bwahahahaha. viffer07, now that's brave! :eek2:

I'm glad this is picking up. Hopefully next month someone will have suggestion for something on the east side of town. I tried to meet in the middle of San Antonio a couple of weekends ago on a Saturday at 1100 but had a fairly minimal turnout. I really thought we would have had more people from the east or even north side of San Antonio. Maybe as it grows it'll get better.

I'm glad this is picking up. Hopefully next month someone will have suggestion for something on the east side of town. I tried to meet in the middle of San Antonio a couple of weekends ago on a Saturday at 1100 but had a fairly minimal turnout. I really thought we would have had more people from the east or even north side of San Antonio. Maybe as it grows it'll get better.
yeah i sent S A B an apology about that. anyway, there will be another meet and drink beer at Rudys (hwy 151) on 22 March 6:30 pm.

BTW, some buds of mine out of Kerrville are gonna ride this coming Sunday, everyone is welcome, just post up who is interested and we can set a place to meet.

Last edited:
Wish I could go tomorrow. My wife is driving out for a business trip tomorrow and won't be back for three weeks. I don't ride much when she's gone because it's just my kid and me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter
This is all in good fun.
Unfortunately, JT is in town this weekend and horror of horrors--he is bike-less! Otherwise, we'd be riding!

JMZ

First Name
John M.
Last Name
Zavadil
So your just gonna leave it at that? ?? Bikeless. ??? You make it sound like they all got stolen .

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

On a good weekend, I'm well out of town by 11am. I suspect others were in such a spot. I just happened to have other projects going on that Saturday and needed a break.

Welp, I'm out for tonight. The wife is out of town so I'm stuck taking the kid to soccer practice. Take some good pictures!

First Name
David
I will try to be there, not on a bike! After meeting my cpa to do income tax return I will need a BEER!!!!!!!!:rider::rider::rider::rider::rider:

Good time tonight at Rudy's on 151 @ Westover Hills. 6 bikes, 8 folks. Sportster, Shadow, GS, KLR, 2 V-Stroms. Next time we need some Ducati, Yamaha, and Triumph representation!

Attachments

I'm really bummed I missed this one. I was looking forward to it. Didn't count on the wife being out of town right now. Next month I guess...sigh.

kme, and the rest of the San Antonio dinner bunch, there is a good group forming up for this weekend, i've ridden with some of them. unfortunately i won't be able to make it.

Just found this thread and subscribbed. I'll try to make it out if we know when the gatherings will take place. Unfortunately, I can't ride this weekend.

Soooo...is it that time again? Wanna get together for another little lunch/dinner here in San Antonio? I was thinking either the night of the 20th or sometime (morning or afternoon) on the 24th. I'm open to suggestions as far as a meeting/eating location. If we do the night of the 20th then I'm thinking a ride afterwards is a bit far fetched but on the 24th we could definitely do a ride after. :rider:

Any ideas or suggestions?

is anyone interested in a Big Bend road trip in May? this will be a pavement ride and staying in Alpine.
one day for the park, one day for hwy 170 river road and one day to fort davis and the mountain.
any days but weekend of the 13,14 or 15th.

Soooo...the dates don't seem to be ideal for anyone. Anyone have a suggestion for another date/time/location?

Ok, doesn't look like many people can make it these two dates. What about the 27th?

Ok, doesn't look like many people can make it these two dates. What about the 27th?

Set a date and stick to it. You may not get a consensus but I would think you could get at least 1 person to show up... You're more likely to get me to show up if you plan a ride vs a meal.

Perfect. Lets roll with it (pun intended). I don't know if I'll be able to to hang out long but I'll at least make it for a little while. My son has a President's Cup soccer game at 2:00 in Schertz. I just have to make ti back by then and I'm good.

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Keller
I'm always up for an Alamo Springs burger!! To make that time frame, you need to walk in the door when they open at 11, they get super busy by noon. I'll watch this, and meet y'all there if I can.

I'm always up for an Alamo Springs burger!! To make that time frame, you need to walk in the door when they open at 11, they get super busy by noon. I'll watch this, and meet y'all there if I can.
will you be bringing the rest of the misguided youth? i know the chuckster is back in minnesnowta.

Perfect. Lets roll with it (pun intended). I don't know if I'll be able to to hang out long but I'll at least make it for a little while. My son has a President's Cup soccer game at 2:00 in Schertz. I just have to make ti back by then and I'm good.
that'll give you 5 hours. we'll just ride fast

The motorcycle shop is having their annual scooter ride tomorrow, 9 am from their shop. Rumor has it anyone is welcome.

The Heart of Texas Rally is on the 30th so I'm out. But I agree that you need to pick a date and stick to it. There is always a few that cant make it and others that cant. At some point, everyone will get to go!

Be safe!

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Scheel
Howdy folks. There's two of us new guys in the Kerrville area. Signing on to this post for ride info. Look forward to meeting you and enjoying the road.

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Scheel
I'm hoping to convince the missus to hop on the bike. Ken and I were talking about some Harper, Doss, llano, luckenbach kind of thing. We don't get off until 0800 so it would be a later start.

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Keller
That sounds like a good ride. Where 473 hits hiway 87... 152 runs to Llano, it was so pretty with flowers a couple weeks ago..

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Scheel
Nice. We took ken out for his first ride in years yesterday. 39 out to 83 then back though Hunt. It was amazing.

Howdy folks. There's two of us new guys in the Kerrville area. Signing on to this post for ride info. Look forward to meeting you and enjoying the road.
the saturday ride will meet some other riders at guenters cafe in Comfort at 10:00ish. you welcome to come, course this is dependant on the weather.

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Keller
That sounds good, I'll post up later a place where us Kerrvillians can meet up and ride to meet you at Gaunthers.