• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: Upcoming San Antonio Events and Chatter

kinda late notice, but i will be doing some exploring some dirt roads off of 2676 Qhihi road. gassing up at new shell station at 471 and Galm road around 9:30 am Saturday morning. (if anyone wants to go)

rode bout 90 miles, more than 50 miles on dirt,gravel and 2 track. never knew there were so many back roads that close to home.

Anyone up for the monthly meeting on the 25th? Morning...say 9am. Meet somewhere (TBD) for breakfast and/or just ride out to the Hill Country to find some roads and lunch.

I'm even up for a dinnertime meeting earlier in the week (along with meeting on Saturday for the ride of course). How about Willie's Icehouse by 151 and Ingram, 6:30pm on 22 June.

Anyone up for the monthly meeting on the 25th? Morning...say 9am. Meet somewhere (TBD) for breakfast and/or just ride out to the Hill Country to find some roads and lunch.

I might be able to do the 25th.

Don't forget tomorrow, Wednesday, June 15th at Fuddrucker's 6PM. 11654 Bandera Rd.

I might be able to do the 25th.

Don't forget tomorrow, Wednesday, June 15th at Fuddrucker's 6PM. 11654 Bandera Rd.

Oh dang! I missed that one. I was still on my trip to the Tetons for that and forgot to check back after my last post. I've actually got a soccer club board meeting tomorrow night at 6 but I'll see if I can work it out to show up at Fuddrucker's for a little while. My board meeting is right down the road on Bandara and Mainland. I need to eat before the meeting...right? :eat:

rode bout 90 miles, more than 50 miles on dirt,gravel and 2 track. never knew there were so many back roads that close to home.

Where did you ride? Would like to take the KLR out for the day. All I ride nowadays is the Super Tenere. Love it!

Where did you ride? Would like to take the KLR out for the day. All I ride nowadays is the Super Tenere. Love it!
rode west of San Antonio to a settlement called Quihi on 2676? there are a lot of county roads breaking off north from there.also take 46 west to 16 and get lost on some of those county roads. a butler map helps a bit or better yet, google Pipe Creek and go from there. keep a lookout on the TWT forums there are some rides there with experienced guys leading.

Just a reminder; tomorrow night at Willie's Icehouse on 151 at 6:30pm. Be there or be square. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, ride on Saturday. 9am. Meeting at the Exxon on the NW corner of 1604 and Bandara. Viffer says bring swimming trunks in case it get stupid hot and we can stop at the river. ;)

Count me in for tomorrow's ride! I'll be riding a white Tiger 800 that hasn't been washed in 8 months.

I was gonna take out the big cruiser and me and the wife have a nice little cruise and swim tomorrow morning...but my dualsport has been sitting around getting no attention so im going with a dirt ride if anyone wants to tag along...not all dirt, mainly paved but looking for unpaved where we can find it...yeeehaaaw

July 23!
B &d ice house
S alamo
San antonio!
About 11 am
Some of us are meeting at the travel america at i 10 and foster rd,
At about 1030 then a back road run into b & d.

a back road run from san antonio into san antonio? how long of a run is that? i'm not being sarcastic, i'm wondering more about the route you plan to take; how far out will you go/ how long will it take? you going as far as Bandera?

a back road run from san antonio into san antonio? how long of a run is that? i'm not being sarcastic, i'm wondering more about the route you plan to take; how far out will you go/ how long will it take? you going as far as Bandera?

It will be a short run around the south side, along the river through the mission district, just to avoid the freeways in san antonio.
Not certain where we might ride after lunch?

Back