• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: Upcoming San Antonio Events and Chatter

Attention all San Antonio riders. There is a ride in Kerrville on Thur Sept 29 - Sun Oct 2. Everyone is staying at the Kerrville Schreiner City Park. They have the RanchHouse reserved for that Thur-Sun but I think it is full already. There are 23 small cabins that are only $50/night & sleep at least 4 people. There is a 25$ cleaning fee deposit that you get back if the cabin is clean when they check it. They mail you the 25$ fee in the form of a check. Call now & reserve a cabin. 830-257-7300. I reserved cabin #10 in the High Point Area. Cabin #9 is available at this time. Has A/C and heat. Go to web site for more details. They also have RV spots & tent camping. Ideally, if we get enough riders together we can split up into groups, 1 pavement & 1 dirt. There's some dirt roads down SW of there to check out. Of course, the 3 Sisters are right there handy too. Check out upcoming ride forums under "Kerrville Ride Sept 30-Oct 2 by Maximus_Flavius and post replies there if interested/going. Hope to see a good San Antonio area turn out!!!! I'm going to take the S10 and the wife. That translates to the 3 Sisters runs.

***UPDATE*** I took Friday the 30th off, so I will be up for an all day ride Friday. I a, trailering the KLR and the S10 up Friday morning so I am ready for dirt/gravel of road rides. We also decided to stay Friday night also at the park. Group is going to Mamacitas in Kerrville for dinner Friday night. Really good Mexican food and magaritas!

Last edited:
Ok, so...I've been busy this last week and haven't had a chance to get on here. But, I'd still like to get together Wednesday, 28 September, afternoon. 6:30pm at Bigz: 10106 Texas 151, San Antonio, TX 78251.

Who's in?

Ok, so...I've been busy this last week and haven't had a chance to get on here. But, I'd still like to get together Wednesday, 28 September, afternoon. 6:30pm at Bigz: 10106 Texas 151, San Antonio, TX 78251.

Who's in?

I can be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See you guys tomorrow at Bigz. I am also meeting some guys at the Taqueria by the HEB in Kerrville on Sidney Baker south at 0800 Friday morning. Plenty of room for bikes or trailers in the HEB parking lot. Going to ride all day. Then dinner at Mamacitas in Kerrville at 7:30pm. We are staying at the Kerrville Schreiner City Park Friday and Saturday night in one of those cabins. Riding 2 up Saturday with wife and riding the 3 Sisters. Anyone want to join in on the Friday/Saturday rides?

Riding 2 up Saturday with wife and riding the 3 Sisters. Anyone want to join in on the Friday/Saturday rides?

I would like to join Saturday; not sure which bike to bring yet, & need a meeting time and place please...:rider:

I might be a little late this afternoon, but I'll be there. My kid has a football game that's running late.

Great seeing everyone and meeting the new guys tonight.

I'd like to set up another one for October. How about the 19th. 6:30pm at Bigz on hwy151 again. Hopefully this will give everyone enough time to plan a bit.

Great seeing everyone and meeting the new guys tonight.

I'd like to set up another one for October. How about the 19th. 6:30pm at Bigz on hwy151 again. Hopefully this will give everyone enough time to plan a bit.

Maby do the cove ?

Great day today
Trying to upload pics no joy!
Still cool when i got home at 1!

Last edited:
Had a little time this morning so a friend and I got the chance to take a fairly short trip "around the lake". We headed out 1957 (where I live) to 471 N to 1283 N. We took a short detour out PR 37, which a really nice and short little road to take out to the beach on north Medina Lake. We headed back to 1283 and went into Bandera Falls. We took English Crossing Rd (uh...north...west...dunno really) to Bottle Springs Rd almost into Bandera and picked up 173 S toward Hondo. Right before we got into Hondo we hung a left on 2676 just outside of Hondo and headed back east. That took us all the way back to 471 in Rio Medina. 2676 was an amazing road. Really smooth road with some really fast, sweeping 90° turns. A lot of fun. Even got to see some camels in a field along 1283...odd. LOL.

Anyway, the entire trip took just over two hours. Took off at about 0830 and was home about 1100, just when I needed to. Definitely recommend it if you get a chance.

I wanted to this time but the other guy with me was on a Harley. Wouldn't have worked out well.

Back