• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Using Amazon to generate support funds for TWT?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Once again, I would just like to get some feed back from everyone. Amazon.com has an Associate program whereby I can put a link from this site to their site. If someone links directly from here to there and then purchases anything, TWT would receive between 2.5-15% depending on what is bought. I would put the link on the Home page only. This would be a way for members to help support us without laying out extra cash. Hopefully, as our numbers continue to grow, the strength in numbers thing would kick in and a lot of small kickbacks from Amazon would start to add up.

:tab The reason I am bringing this to you for comment is that I realize that in this world where we are constantly blitzed from all sides by advertising, you may not want to see it here. I am not real fond of ads on other websites and originally was wanting to keep this one ad free if possible. However, despite some initial donations, monthly funding for the site is coming right out of my pockets. I don't want to pester people for donations because I don't like being pestered about such matters either.

:tab I am considering this because unlike a sponsor that would pay to support the site, the Amazon link does not let Amazon dictate content. I have considered seeking out sponsorship from some Texas related motorcycle businesses, but I don't want to risk losing control of the site if we become dependent on their support.

:tab So... what do you think? Any other ideas to put a little money in the fund to keep us going and to let me expand the site?

Anything to keep the site going. Especially if it is unobtrusive like the Amazon ad is supposed to be. I hate ads flashing all over the place too, but for something like this I think we can see it as a necessary evil.

Amazon.com Link

Sounds good Scott. Also pls let me know where to post the ride feedback for the East Texas Ride that you had asked for.

Ride safe ride free

Vittorio.

Also pls let me know where to post the ride feedback for the East Texas Ride that you had asked for.

Stick in the Story Telling forum. I find it useful to put a date in the title for reference.

[Ride Report] Title - Date

That makes it easier to find later on.

Back