• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

LicketySplit's Ride Videos

Reaction score
Knowing how many people on TWTEX enjoy Utah Highway 95. From a ride in September of 2020. Starts a few miles south of Poison Spring Canyon and ends about 20 miles south of the Colorado river.

Make sure 4k video quality is selected. You may have to let it buffer a little.

Part I
Music - "Sara" by Fleetwood Mac

Part II
Music - "There's no way out of here" by David Gilmour

Part III
Music - "Foreplay Long time" by Boston

Part IV
Music - "Bad Company" by Bad Company

Last edited:
So true about the popularity of this stretch of highway. I've camped in so many "hidey-holes" on that stretch from the Blanding turnoff to Hanksville that the state of Utah might charge me a tax...LOL!

But even though it's popular, there's seldom large amounts of traffic there outside of holidays and such. All the side adventures off this stretch of highway can keep a rider very busy for a long time.

Thanks for the memory lane vids.

You bet. This is my favorite gopro video. Somehow, it properly captured the height of the surrounding walls. Thankfully, most people go to Moab and leave this "secret" area to us. :sun:

I still lead rides there; even from Texas, as so many folks here have not seen Utah. I used to love to run this route at warp speed over to Hanksville. And occasionally just cruise at regular speeds to enjoy the scenery. I've run over two rattlesnakes on that stretch.

I still lead rides there; even from Texas, as so many folks here have not seen Utah. I used to love to run this route at warp speed over to Hanksville. And occasionally just cruise at regular speeds to enjoy the scenery. I've run over two rattlesnakes on that stretch.
If you lead another, let me know. I will never pass up a ride up there.

I just realized this week that Youtube allows music to be added to videos again. :sun:

This is another favorite road. The ET Highway in Nevada.

Last edited:
1663943749188.png

I just realized this week that Youtube allows music to be added to videos again. :sun:

This is another favorite road. The ET Highway in Nevada. This one starts a few miles southeast of Groom Lake road which is the main entrance to Area 51.

I ran out of gas out there one time due to going plat out at about 130 on my ST 1100. While waiting for my friend to return with fuel, I got attacked by two baby rattle snakes. Jus happened to see them coming fast at me. Otherwise I'd have been bit. I gave them what they deserved.

I ran out of gas out there one time due to going plat out at about 130 on my ST 1100. While waiting for my friend to return with fuel, I got attacked by two baby rattle snakes. Jus happened to see them coming fast at me. Otherwise I'd have been bit. I gave them what they deserved.
Yeah, it is 160 miles between gas stations. I like to test my cruise control out there but have to dial it back more than I would like to make it all the way. The folks at the Little Ale'inn have told me about the rattle snakes.

I think I may eventually rename this thread but have not figured out what it will be yet. Maybe something to do with the Ancient Alien hairdo guy. For now, here is a video of Marble Canyon (Arizona) from Lee's Ferry to the Vermilion Cliffs.

Make sure video quality is set to 1440 or 2160p/4k

Last edited:
I will be rolling through there in about a week. I will ask 👽 what I should call it.

From a ride a few weeks ago. The Lost Coast - Northern California

Make sure video quality is set to 1440 or 2160p/4k

Last edited:
A little closer to home. TX-170 somewhere between Presidio and Lajitas...

Make sure video quality is set to 2160p/4k

That was my backyard ride when I lived in Mt. View for 10 years. I would never again want to go the speeds we did back in the day. So many riders died from redwood inhalation...

That was my backyard ride when I lived in Mt. View for 10 years. I would never again want to go the speeds we did back in the day. So many riders died from redwood inhalation...
Yep, that kind of thing was still going on when I was there. Looks like they are still at it.

Some inspiration for a beautiful Monday morning...

Yosemite National Park - Tioga Pass.

The descent into Yosemite Valley

Yosemite Valley

Back