• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V Medina County 200 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/18/20, Castroville, Texas - TARA/SA

High class lunch stop at the Valero in D'Hanis.

Expert V-Strom rider and executive chef is preparing Salmon.
DSC09999.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

Note the chase Jeep on the left, thanks VTwin!
DSC00004.JPG

Justin - I would have gone left instead of right and had the same result. It was on you so fast. Don't beat yourself up and paved is much more brutal when going down.

Great ride guys! Great route Sander.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200119/9a07371ee411949bf6db414296b603f6.jpg[/IMG

Great way to end the day! Good food great company and live music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great ride, much more fun than the usual dust.
Lunch in Hondo, note how we covered license plates.

Coffee and dessert at end of ride.
Had to use pressure washer to clean bike after chasing Kyle for 200 miles.

GoPro Hero 4, need to upgrade. The quality would be much better if I edited the video to get YouTube to apply the codec VP09.

The camera fail above was my Sony RX100 point and shoot, it needs a topend rebuild...

Fun Stuff and nice area for sure, I really enjoy some wet section but notting crazy after the rain we had in Austin.
We start with a small group of 3 at 10:30 and only came across 2 riders. we couldn't finish the full loop we ran out of time.
But we did help some one along the trail that had a broken clutch lever on his triumph scramble. Maybe another I can try the top part of the circuit

Fun Stuff and nice area for sure, I really enjoy some wet section but notting crazy after the rain we had in Austin.
We start with a small group of 3 at 10:30 and only came across 2 riders. we couldn't finish the full loop we ran out of time.
But we did help some one along the trail that had a broken clutch lever on his triumph scramble. Maybe another I can try the top part of the circuit
View attachment 252825
Thanks Simon for doing your duty!

I still can't understand why they decided to build a swimming pool in the middle of the road.

Hi Brain,

"Mud Spa" Resort Location, some people Travel Far for this. :zen:

The clutch Lever was broken so we replace with a Allen ranch, it work but the battery died so we try couple of thing.

GoPro Hero 4, need to upgrade. The quality would be much better if I edited the video to get YouTube to apply the codec VP09.

The camera fail above was my Sony RX100 point and shoot, it needs a topend rebuild...
Repair videos. I searched... Sony RX100 autofocus lens kit repair

Hi Brain,

"Mud Spa" Resort Location, some people Travel Far for this. :zen:

The clutch Lever was broken so we replace with a Allen ranch, it work but the battery died so we try couple of thing.
I chose the right shoulder line and made it through

Sander I followed your line on the left side of that railroad crossing approach . Quite the surprise to me, about lost my rear end on that slope as the strom rear tire broke loose and wanted to slide down the bank. Almost had mud in my shorts if you know what I mean. My Shinko 705 rear is definitely not mud ready :lol2:

The mud test section was definitely a challenge beyond the normal gravel

That's a wrap for pictures and video from me for the V 2020 ride. Full video playlist. I think this year was my favorite Medina County ride so far. I loved the challenge. I had slightly lost interest in adventure riding, this ride renew it.

Dinners both Friday and Saturday night gave me more time to get to know other riders.

I continue to be amazed at the skill of all the riders, especially the big bike riders, some with very street oriented tires, amazing! It was great to meet new riders and ride with others again.

The 2021 date is Saturday, January 16th for the VI Medina County 200 Adventure Motorcycle Ride. Already thinking about some new twists for the 2021 route.

Just completing the 200 mile route, about 415p.
DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

Last edited:
Back