• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V Medina County 200 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/18/20, Castroville, Texas - TARA/SA

We had so much fun at the pre ride dinner it went on for 3 and 1/2 hours! Great fellowship.

Love animal house!

It is on!

Screenshot_20200118-062930.png

Screenshot_20200118-062915.png

Got up to head down, weather permitting. Found my KLR650 has a dead battery. Thought, dang I’m gonna miss it again. Spent an hour or so moping around then remembered I have a Triumph Scrambler. Might not be the best bike for this type of riding, but I’m out here enjoying it anyway.
651a2ad15e6b6a5242295a1e004445b3.jpg

Made it too late to join a group, so it’s a solo ride. Hope I don’t dump it in the mud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a blast! I will be sure to have better bike protection and gear for next time. Thanks to the guy who gave me the rope to tie my panier back on, sorry I can't remember your name.

I cursed myself.

05929e9c512122cc2158448fda9b5094.jpg

I went down here.
1ba4663ba55bf50ef36b0c4b3ef7efd0.jpg

I rode through here a couple weeks ago when it was dry and knew that hole was pretty deep. I went left when I should have gone right and went down right between the hole and the tree. The high ground was soft and slick. I lost it and fell to the left, digging my left handlebar into the ground and burying the clutch lever. The clutch lever came back and really pinched my finger tips before snapping off.

I got the bike up and found the clutch lever gone and the gear selector all out of place. Because I had planned to ride my klr650, all my tools and first aid kit were with it. For the to
time, I was stuck.

Fortunately some other TWT riders came along with tools. The gear selector was rotated back into position and one of the Good Samaritans fashioned a clutch lever with an Allen wrench. The only problem after that was that I probably forgot to turn the key off soon enough after the spill and the carbs were flooded from the tip over. After the improvised fix, my battery lost juice trying to crank up. And the ground was to slick for a good bump start.

My mother eventually showed up with my brother in law in a truck and some jumper cables. Bike started and I just went home, just now arriving back in New Braunfels.

The improvised clutch lever did the trick, though I could only just reach it with my finger tips, it has a heavy pull, and my finger tips still hurt from the get off. Oh well. At least the bike and I made it home without any major trauma. More of just an inconvenience.

Hmmm. I’ve got an old Sprint ST I don’t ride anymore. I wonder if that clutch lever will work.

Also, I found that I now have an oil leak at the gear selector shaft. Maybe I just boogered up a seal in the get off.

e3f6b669ac52bde89acd0af07846d74c.jpg
9caecc29f7ca9996a20f7bbbc6c36a2d.jpg
d6101e4ee28f34c80a61d8a207200269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The incident:

Go to about the 4 minute mark. It's shortly after that.

D.. Justin. Sorry we didn't even know you were out there.sorry you had a rough day. Glad you're home safe.

Last edited:
Great pics guys! Sorry I missed y'all at the pizza tonight but I was tired and ready to get back home. Pulled in here at about 7 p.m.

Back