• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V Medina County 200 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/18/20, Castroville, Texas - TARA/SA

Pics from the ride
Had a good time getting back into the off pavement flow. Shoulder felt strong today. First time back on off pavement in 5 months since last August incident.
Perfect weather and great ride Sander! GPS route was perfect as usual. 200mile was great for me getting back in the swing of things .
The group made it back at about 4:30 pm.

Mike and Sander, a couple of TWT seasoned veterans. ⤵

Sander on the road⤵

MIKE'S Honda 450 L getting broken in properly.⤵

Sander's purple framed Suzuki dr650. One clean ride.⤵

A cool red 2019 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT⤵

Last edited:
D.. Justin. Sorry we didn't even know you were out there.sorry you had a rough day. Glad you're home safe.
Yeah, with the weather being as it's been all week, I sort of had this ride planned to go on, but without making a commitment. I got up at 5:30, checked the weather and everything looked good. So I decided to go. I had the KLR all packed up and ready (or so I thought). Given the weather and all, I haven't ridden in the past week and a half or so. Last night I tried to start the KLR and the starter sort of just buzzed. I plugged it in to a trickle charger over night. This morning got the same result.... that battery is toast. So I gave up on the ride and kicked around the house for a while and then thought, "why not take the Scrambler?" I knew I'd miss riding with the group but thought maybe, if I don't stop but just keep on pushing it, I might catch up. Oh well.

Glad you're out and about riding again. Hope to see you next time. But now my wife is really ticked off and not wanting me to do ADV riding or dual-sport. She wants me to stick to pavement. I told her today was nothing but an inconvenience. A real accident on a highly trafficked road is all too often life altering. Hopefully she'll come around.

Yeah, with the weather being as it's been all week, I sort of had this ride planned to go on, but without making a commitment. I got up at 5:30, checked the weather and everything looked good. So I decided to go. I had the KLR all packed up and ready (or so I thought). Given the weather and all, I haven't ridden in the past week and a half or so. Last night I tried to start the KLR and the starter sort of just buzzed. I plugged it in to a trickle charger over night. This morning got the same result.... that battery is toast. So I gave up on the ride and kicked around the house for a while and then thought, "why not take the Scrambler?" I knew I'd miss riding with the group but thought maybe, if I don't stop but just keep on pushing it, I might catch up. Oh well.

Glad you're out and about riding again. Hope to see you next time. But now my wife is really ticked off and not wanting me to do ADV riding or dual-sport. She wants me to stick to pavement. I told her today was nothing but an inconvenience. A real accident on a highly trafficked road is all too often life altering. Hopefully she'll come around.
Sounds like your biggest mistake today wasn’t crashing your bike.... it was telling your wife you crashed your bike. :rofl:
Just kidding, I don’t recommend hiding it.

"That was tough, did you see my save? I need better tires, maybe a lighter bike, the sky is clearing...."
DSC09991.JPG

Last edited:
About 7:30 this morning I'm standing in my driveway and happen to look over at the gas station and I see a GS rider filling up, wait a second he's from Houston. Then I look over at Sammy's, already several other bikes lined up, two that were at dinner last night until 1030 then to Hondo and back. There's also a Sinney Switcher, breakfast doesnt start for an hour and 1/2. These guys are hard-core!

The Houston rider left his house at 410am, he departed Castroville about 430p, after completing the route, to ride back to Houston.

Last edited:

Thats called too much info to your wifey. We all need a good "off" to reset the safety switch....that was a good off.

Brian, do you think that duck gang killed the pig, and left it in the river?
I don't know what's going on with that pig carcass, but those Ducks got a good gig going there on the Medina Riverside taking handouts from passerbys I'm sure.

Justin it happens. This crossing was on the route today, and every year. I've ridden across it many times, made a small error, I paid the price. No undo, or control alt delete. After the crash it was obvious what I did wrong. Trying not to do it again.

True that - A real accident on a highly trafficked road is all too often life altering. Hopefully she'll come around.

Obvious mistake in the video, didn't make the right decision when I was holding onto the bars. Steering "head" nut problem...

Last edited:
Mike, where's that house located? Quihi?

Not sure. It was one of those locations where we’re waiting for the group to catch up and I took a right off the course just to take a little look and that house certainly caught my attention.

Justin it happens. This crossing was on the route today, and every year. I've ridden across it many times, made a small error, I paid the price. No undo, or control alt delete. After the crash it was obvious what I did wrong. Trying not to do it again.

True that - A real accident on a highly trafficked road is all too often life altering. Hopefully she'll come around.

Obvious mistake in the video, didn't make the right decision when I was holding on the bars.

I wouldn’t be surprised that a steering damper may have prevented the log related fall over.

Last edited:
First break, after the first mud special test.

Beautiful GS!
DSC09993.JPG

Mike's new CRF450L.
DSC09994.JPG
DSC09995.JPG

The GS with only 75k + miles, it was ridden to Castroville, arrived by 730a or so from Houston, did the 200 route, and ridden back to Houston, in the same day.
DSC09996.JPG

Last edited:
Back