• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V Medina County 200 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/18/20, Castroville, Texas - TARA/SA

First Name
Justin
Last Name
Waller
Sander I followed your line on the left side of that railroad crossing approach . Quite the surprise to me, about lost my rear end on that slope as the strom rear tire broke loose and wanted to slide down the bank. Almost had mud in my shorts if you know what I mean. My Shinko 705 rear is definitely not mud ready :lol2:

The mud test section was definitely a challenge beyond the normal gravel
Same here. I took the left side at that railroad crossing and just about lost it big time. Got over it and had to stop and take a leak because I almost peed on myself when that happened. I almost stopped the ride and turned around at that point, finding the Scrambler not suited to riding in those conditions with my 705s and my lack of skill. I made the decision to push on until hitting the next pavement as I didn't want to go over that railroad crossing again. I guess I made the right choice because I got home in one piece.

First Name
Justin
Last Name
Waller
Fun Stuff and nice area for sure, I really enjoy some wet section but notting crazy after the rain we had in Austin.
We start with a small group of 3 at 10:30 and only came across 2 riders. we couldn't finish the full loop we ran out of time.
But we did help some one along the trail that had a broken clutch lever on his triumph scramble. Maybe another I can try the top part of the circuit
View attachment 252825
Thanks for the help that day. The bike got me home just fine once I got a jump. Just need a new clutch lever and the bike will be road ready again. I also need to replace the gear selector shaft and seal as it's leaking there. I suspect the shaft was bent. It's a slow leak, but I will fix it eventually. Thanks again for the help. If the Allen Wrench clutch lever trick hadn't worked, I'd have had to listen to my mother and wife lecturing me all the way back to New Braunfels. Fortunately, I got to ride and didn't have to hear it.