• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V Strom filter bypass-fuel drains from tank

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
I am doing the filter bypass, as I am putting my tank back on the gas runs out the outlet. This is not the normal. Does anyone know if doing the filter bypass causes this to happen or did I put my hole in the wrong direction?

I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that if someone tells you to turn your head and cough or to spell "run" that would be very bad.:rofl:

ok I googled it, did you shake out the black goop from the filter before re-assembly?
is it possible you drilled to far and gone through the side of the filter housing?

I figured it out. There is an O ring on the line out, I did not lube that ring and also when installing the retaining clips you must push the assembly down onto a flat surface as to be able to start the screws. This assures the o ring is compressed. The fuel line should not leak when disconnected. A few drops is normal as the line drains.

Back