• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V-Strom owners thread

I am missing a few of the plastic push rivet, but there is also a grommet that the black trim fits into. Well I find it along with the two air box screws?

You can find the rivets several places. Bolt Motorcycle hardware http://www.boltmotorcyclehardware.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=rivets , Bike Bandit http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermark...y-accents-universal/bolt-m6-nylon-push-rivets , Cycle Gear http://www.cyclegear.com/TRACKSIDE-Nylon-Push-Rivet , probabaly could make some from Lowes work.

Cycle gear! great, try to remember to pick some up, The plastic bridge piece between the side cover, on the tank! I used some chrome machine screws I had laying around, works much better and it is easier too.

Anyone have a scratched up front fender on an otherwise blemish free Strom and would like to swap for a brand new fender?

I broke my front fender and have a new one on order. Pricey OEM part and no cheaper substitute is available. My bike is scratched, scared, scrapped, etc. all over so a old fender would be a better match. haha

I'm looking to defer some of my replacement cost so would gladly trade you the brand new fender for your old cosmetically damaged fender plus cash amount to be negotiated. No fender too ugly for me but I do need all mounting holes to be intact. I could ride to you with the new fender for the swap out so no shipping required.

_

How about a scratched up cut down drz fender in yellow? That would look great! Free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a scratched up cut down drz fender in yellow? That would look great! Free!

Actually I already tried something similar and I did kinda like the look. But it leaves the brake lines exposed and vulnerable for riding offroad and I would have to remove my fork brace otherwise fender could hit it when suspension bottomed.

20141130_080031_zpsllw7wubs.jpg

_

Hey , just for the record , my shop is usually ......................................................... always that dirty :lol2:

steal the neighbors trash can lid and cut you a fender from it, then return the lid. Oh and my shop, similar in organizational optimization.

Dang Dave. are you dual wielding stroms now? Or is it rather dual sporting stroms (sporting dual stroms). Nevermind I am confusing myself

Dang Dave. are you dual wielding stroms now? Or is it rather dual sporting stroms (sporting dual stroms). Nevermind I am confusing myself

Yeah I was confused also when I read my email notification for this post.

No only one Strom. I'm keeping the Wee exactly as is but will be garaging it in Arizona after the New Years. Now I can jump on a plane and 3 hrs later be riding it around in the West.

The new bike coming next month is a Super Tenere and that will be staying in my garage here.

_

Santa knows how much VStrom owners love their rides. Check this tee:

Attachments

• Vstrom tee.jpg
    Vstrom tee.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 183
Have you heard something about the new XT 650 V-strom?

Attachments

• vstrom650xt.jpg
    vstrom650xt.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 157
Thanks for the link!So you have it as well.
8700 euros here.

Looks prob wont mean much as for off roadiness on the XT

Only the spoked rims & a birdy beak
Change it from the current bike.
Same ol Trail Wing tires... Same suspension/steering specs. Suzuki should have skipped the front redesign & concentrated on the shock/forks valving control for more meaningful updates

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thierry,

I still say that's a step in the right direction for the V-Strom, which is one sweet ride! :sun:

PS: Do you think the European models will accompany the bike to the US?

Thierry,

I still say that's a step in the right direction for the V-Strom, which is one sweet ride! :sun:..

Baby steps, except the price is going in the wrong direction. Now up to $10.4K with unchanged suspension, no skid plate, same brakes, no TCS, etc.

If they did do a full off road worthy version I suspect it would be too expensive to get much sales.

_

About the XT, they are indeed small steps for mucho more bucks. I think the other guys have created a similar formula for a "DS/ADV" bike = Yamaha' Tenere = Mega Money = Less Buyers/Market.

So goes The State of Modern Motorcycling Corporations, must be independently wealthy to afford it. Bummer Dude... What Would The Dude Do (WWDD)?

Dont count The tuning fork folks out jus yet..... Im layn my money on the release of a Tenere 07 in the near future. The FJ 09 triple went the pure streety route leavin that compact twin to head for the dirt

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

About the XT, they are indeed small steps for mucho more bucks. I think the other guys have created a similar formula for a "DS/ADV" bike = Yamaha' Tenere = Mega Money = Less Buyers/Market.

While this is true you can also find them heavily discounted. I'm picking up a brand new Super Tenere this month for $9,596, add $600 for my racks and aluminum panniers (XT has those standard) and total is $10,196 versus $10,399 for the new XT V-Strom. Of course maybe in two years Suzuki might have an excess of these in the warehouse and give leftover blow out pricing also. But the ST has it hands down on the XT feature wise across the board. I'm especially stoked on losing the chain and sprockets. But weight wise the ST is 100 lbs porkier so a deal breaker for some.

I'm keeping my Wee though so will still be hanging out here also. For what I could sell it for doesn't make sense to get rid of it. Well broken in at 83,000 miles and fully equipped for any travel and dirt road adventures. It has started to use a little oil but otherwise mechanically sound and tight. Will park it out of state for weekend fly and rides to explore the Western states and Baja/Sonora Mexico.

_

Thierry,

I still say that's a step in the right direction for the V-Strom, which is one sweet ride! :sun:

PS: Do you think the European models will accompany the bike to the US?

Yes we will have that bike.I will go to my suzuki dealer on saturday morning,I think they must get it.I'm really happy with my 650 DL and I don't think to change right now.Moreover I have no credit on it and I should take one if I wanted to buy another bike.I have saved money all year long for our next trip in the USA in may,I can't get this and get that.I thanks God I have enough to be happy:rider:

Back