• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vacuum Fill of Motorcycle Coolant Systems

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Seems you Beemer riders have done this for a while. I am going to do the Super Adventure coolant change/flush shortly and so I bought a tool to vacuum fill her. Just wondering if any of you folks have some lessons learned to help ease my journey. Should be fun, although you never know.

I will be interested to see how it goes. I was able to do my RT the old fashion way, but I was very nervous as to if I got it completely filled.

Well, I wrote the procedure to vacuum fill the reactor coolant system on a Westinghouse 4 loop Reactor Coolant System, so I am pretty sure it will work well. Just wondering if anyone had tried it on a scooter. Lots of folks use them for cars.

Never needed one on a bike , all mine have a bleeder screw on the radiator without the cap , open that and it fills just fine . A bigger bypass hole in the thermostat helps too . Engineers get it wrong every day .

Back