• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Venus to Maypearl the long way

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
The weather is supposed to be nice this Saturday and I'm going for a ride. Nothing fancy or far from home. Just a quick 102 miles from Venus to Maypearl. Yeah sure, on the map its only 10 miles but I'm not taking the direct route. Anyone want to come along?

About 90% paved but as far off the beaten path as we can. Kind of pretty in places with fallen leaves covering parts of the road. The gravel portions are easy and the forecasted rain on Wednesday shouldn't hamper that. I can only think of one very short water crossing. Breakfast prior if you want at 8 am and kickstands up at 9 am? I'm flexible on times though and could easily be talked into later.

28858471.png

Hmmmmmm..Venus ..huh.... I could probably leave my Galaxy location at 7-730
& blast up there. Mite hafta settle for a quikie mart breakfast tho

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Jarrett tells me there are some great tacos at the end of the line in Maypearl.

Looks like are spiritual leader Rob has suggested we go for KSU 9:15. I concur with his holiness. There is a cafe located on the north end of the city square that I was thinking of eating at first. It's approximately 2 blocks south of US 67 probably 100' off of FM157. There's also a Whataburger on the corner of 67 / 157.

Looks like are spiritual leader Rob has suggested we go for KSU 9:15. I concur with his holiness. There is a cafe located on the north end of the city square that I was thinking of eating at first. It's approximately 2 blocks south of US 67 probably 100' off of FM157. There's also a Whataburger on the corner of 67 / 157.
Is there an IHOB nearby for Rob
I'll prob jus grab a quikie here before leavin
But a Taco after is Bueno

McDaddy got a story on you at RTB a guy you will know who he is shortly .so he is telling me about riding with a guy in mexico who hauls tail every where they go. just bragging on this guy he is riding with how good he is so i ask what is his name .HE says i cant remember his name but the guy raced baja .he says mac something .so i say STEVE MACK he says that him now i am bragging on said riding i tell hum about racing with you in the late 80s and how fast you were and yep he raced BAJA .so to sum it up your legend proceeds you :clap::clap::rider::rider: .your RAD and allways will be hope to see you soon ole buddy tony d

McDaddy got a story on you at RTB a guy you will know who he is shortly .so he is telling me about riding with a guy in mexico who hauls tail every where they go. just bragging on this guy he is riding with how good he is so i ask what is his name .HE says i cant remember his name but the guy raced baja .he says mac something .so i say STEVE MACK he says that him now i am bragging on said riding i tell him about racing with you in the late 80s and how fast you were and yep he raced BAJA .so to sum it up your legend proceeds you :clap::clap::rider::rider: .your RAD and allways will be hope to see you soon ole buddy tony d

Haha Tony! Its a small world isn't it. Yes that was Brian. Man I hope I run into you sometime buddy. Since we're telling stories I'll tell one on you. This is in the early nineties and I got to know Tony from racing out at the Friday night races at Mossier Valley in Euless.

Tony was a competitor of mine in the over 30 class and we got along well as most of us non-kids did back then. Well one month I was in the running for the Rider of the Month award in my class but my bike was broken at the last event. I think Tony rode a different class that night, anyhow he stepped up and let me race his CR Honda, no questions asked. We didn't go back that far or anything but he loaned me his bike at the risk of me wrecking it and him having nothing to compete on. I'll never forget that act of kindness. Maybe its what racers or motorcyclists do but it meant a lot to me. BTW, Tony is no slouch on a motorcycle either.

If we are bypassing the gravel, I'll bring the new bike. I guess I can always route around it and meet back up if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why don't we just do tacos in Avalon. Probably a good time for a break by then. 9:15 am, Kick Stands Up from the Exxon/Whataburger at 67/157

thank you steve your too kind and i will ride with you soon i have a husky fe 501 and drz 400 . see ya

If we encounter some muck on some of those roads from the rain... I'll prob opt for an alternate go round....

Last edited:
If we encounter some muck on some of those roads from the rain... I'll prob opt for an alternate go round....

I'll be on a new (to me) bike with street tires and will opt to do the same.

Suck it up buttercup! I thought we'd divide up in groups of three so one could try and ride it out while the other two push and pull the bike out. :lol2: Seriously, I don't think we're going to have much of a problem in that regard. The limited unpaved I've selected shouldn't be much of a problem.

There was little to no mud in those rocks btw. Ingrate.

For the record. I thought that route was awesome. Probably the best riding day I've had this year, and I've had some good ones. I'd like to do it again now that it's cooler and finish it. I was sorry to have had to bail out at the halfway point due to wearing full textile gear and getting really hot.

Back to this thread...I may join you on Saturday if it rains any more between now and then. If it stays dry, GLFlyer just got a new to him Ten and we're going to try and find some dirt roads to get them aquainted. Then again....we may just join you and then ride some dirt after the ride is over.

Back